Windows 10: Eraser broke my Telegram app

Discus and support Eraser broke my Telegram app in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have been using the desktop version of the Telegram messenger.. It has been crashing since day one. Mainly freezing. I could not figure out what the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by dictum, Nov 20, 2018.

1. dictum Win User

Eraser broke my Telegram app

I have been using the desktop version of the Telegram messenger.. It has been crashing since day one. Mainly freezing. I could not figure out what the problem was for about a year. Telegram has not been all that helpful, they had no one else with that problem. Nothing else malfunctioned on that system and I have other messengers like Skype, viber, whatsapp, Signal.

Turns out the issue was this app called Eraser, the secure file delete utility. It was somehow interfering with the Telegram messenger and freezing it every 20 minutes. I tried to register & post on their forum to no avail. It's really buggy.
    Just FYI

The original thread I started here:

Telegram messenger freezes - Event viewer logs critical error - Windows 10 Forums

:)

dictum, Nov 20, 2018
  2. p_o_s_pc Win User

Finally! An alternative to eraser...

it looks much cleaner then the eraser so that is a big step up.

p_o_s_pc, Nov 20, 2018
  3. TELEGRAM

The folks who make Telegram announced back in November through their twitter account that they are bringing the app to windowsphone this month - January 2014. At this point, all we can do is wait.

Jay_answers, Nov 20, 2018
  4. RAMSHADP Win User

TELEGRAM

I wants the official Telegram app in my nokia lumia 620. Please take quick actions to bring the app in store, time is already too late

RAMSHADP, Nov 20, 2018
Thema:

1. Eraser broke my Telegram app - Similar Threads - Eraser broke Telegram

2. Telegram

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Telegram: I have just downloaded your app named Telegram. After I inserted my telephone number as directed I was prompted that a code would be sent to my other deviceI licked the SMS and expected that a code would be sent to my phone however was mentioned previously that a code would...
  3. Telegram

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Telegram: I have just downloaded your app named Telegram. After I inserted my telephone number as directed I was prompted that a code would be sent to my other deviceI licked the SMS and expected that a code would be sent to my phone however was mentioned previously that a code would...
  4. how do i download the telegram app on my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i download the telegram app on my computer: how do i download and setup the telegram app on my desktop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-download-the-telegram-app-on-my-computer/232ce426-bac0-44bf-9b53-ba0b19b5cf4d
  5. how do i download the telegram app on my computer

how do i download the telegram app on my computer: how do i download and setup the telegram app on my desktop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-download-the-telegram-app-on-my-computer/232ce426-bac0-44bf-9b53-ba0b19b5cf4d
  6. Telegram not displaying my phone contacts who use telegram

Telegram not displaying my phone contacts who use telegram: Hi, I am on Telegram Android 8.5.0 using Galaxy A10. Two days ago I uninstalled and reinstalled Telegram. Then, when I try "Invite Friends", my phone contacts all appear as if they are not on Telegram. Each one has their name displayed and their telephone number below it....
  7. Telegram desktop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Telegram desktop: I was surfing on telegram desktop, suddenly it got blank out and since then it is opening. What should I do to reopen it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/telegram-desktop/5cbb7377-f05d-4c10-80f0-d23b74af9d0a
  8. How to open URL:Telegram link in telegram app

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to open URL:Telegram link in telegram app: Hi. I installed Google chrome and when I'm trying open URL:Telegram link in browser nothing happened. I tried change settings in "Choose default apps by protocol " but can't switch URL:Telegram link to portable telegram app there only M$ Store apps. How to fix it?...
  9. Telegram app crashes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Telegram app crashes: dictum9 raised an issue with Telegram crashing in Windows 10 . I followed dictum9's entire thread and it seems that the problem was not resolved. I think I have the same problem. I am running Windows 10 version 1809. In my case I open up the Telegram app and am unable to...
  10. telegram app on desctop

telegram app on desctop: struggling to install a program on my laptop need to add device first telegram desctop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/telegram-app-on-desctop/3a5f2aa9-df1d-47d6-bac3-58a20e74763a