Windows 10: erasing a wifi network password

Discus and support erasing a wifi network password in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; win 10 machine wrong wifi password entered... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by rbakererie, Jan 13, 2019.

1. erasing a wifi network password

win 10 machine wrong wifi password entered

:)

rbakererie, Jan 13, 2019
  2. flycaster Win User

Help with changing wifi password?

So are you saying that I should enter my "PW" into the field and then I will get to the wifi or wireless settings page?

flycaster, Jan 13, 2019
  3. NavyLCDR Win User
    Help with changing wifi password?

That section is for the password you enter to get into the routers settings. You need to go to your WiFi or wireless settings page, look for the security options, and the WiFi password will be listed as either Password, or Key, or WPA Key.

On my router it's the Password (Network Key) block:

erasing a wifi network password [​IMG]

NavyLCDR, Jan 13, 2019
  4. erasing a wifi network password

Changing my Wifi password

Hi,

To properly reconnect to the WiFi network, it is always advised to forget and reconnect to the network once the password is changed. However, you can follow these steps if you just want to update its password:

• Click the Windows key, then select Settings.
    • Click Network & Internet.
    • Under WiFi, click Change adapter options.
    • On the Network Connections window, click the WiFi connection.
    • Click the Wireless Properties tab.
    • Verify if your device is connected to the correct network.
    • Click Security.
    • Update the password under Network security key.
    • Click OK, then Close.

Once done, try to check if you are reconnected to the network.

Let us know if you need further help.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Jan 13, 2019
Thema:

erasing a wifi network password

1. erasing a wifi network password - Similar Threads - erasing wifi network

2. Need Win11 login password NOT WiFi password for local network.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need Win11 login password NOT WiFi password for local network.: I have a Win11 desktop PC that I log into using a PIN. I switched to using a PIN about two years ago. Before that, I used a password.I have a Win10 tablet that I set up long before I started using a PIN on my primary Win11 PC, and I can still access the Win11 PC over the...
  3. Need Win11 login password NOT WiFi password for local network.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need Win11 login password NOT WiFi password for local network.: I have a Win11 desktop PC that I log into using a PIN. I switched to using a PIN about two years ago. Before that, I used a password.I have a Win10 tablet that I set up long before I started using a PIN on my primary Win11 PC, and I can still access the Win11 PC over the...
  4. Connect to a new wifi network with password on Remote Desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Connect to a new wifi network with password on Remote Desktop: As the title said, I am connecting to another remote PC through Remote Desktop, and I need to connect that PC to a new password protected wifi password. The problem is that once I click on Connect of the new network, my current connection is disconnected, and I cannot enter...
  5. Secure erase + password lock ssd?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Secure erase + password lock ssd?: Hi there. I need something that can secure erase my ssd and immediately lock it at the same time so nothing can access it without a password. (I’m dealing with a rootkit virus that spreads itself on every storage device) so i need some kind of tool that can erase it and lock...
  6. WIFI network password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    WIFI network password: How do I find my Wifi network password and change same https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-network-password/3de13bd3-30a0-4a81-bcfe-71399895c0b3"
  7. PIN Erased and Password not recognized

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    PIN Erased and Password not recognized: This started as a problem with Outlook suddenly not recognizing my Gmail accounts any longer, though they had been downloading properly for the last 3 years. I connected here with an advisor from my laptop. He suggested I try running something like msconfig, but that was...
  8. install password for wifi network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    install password for wifi network: Need to set password for my wifi network in WIN 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/install-password-for-wifi-network/520a4a7d-c9bb-4c2a-b493-f25dd1ac09da
  9. Viewing the password for currently connected Wifi networks

Viewing the password for currently connected Wifi networks: Is the a way to view the password for the wifi network I am already connected to? I signed off the network with my cell phone, cannot remember the password, and would like to avoid bothering the person who knows it. My laptop is connected to the network, but I can't seem to...
  10. Viewing the password for currently connected Wifi networks

Viewing the password for currently connected Wifi networks: Is the a way to view the password for the wifi network I am already connected to? I signed off the network with my cell phone, cannot remember the password, and would like to avoid bothering the person who knows it. My laptop is connected to the network, but I can't seem to...