Windows 10: erasing hard drive

Discus and support erasing hard drive in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; F disk my hard drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/erasing-hard-drive/688e342a-8849-47fa-a272-748eda47b9eb Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by usafblu, Sep 23, 2019.

1. usafblu Win User

erasing hard drive

F disk my hard drive

:)

usafblu, Sep 23, 2019
  2. 2wicked Win User

How to wipe a hard drive

Killdisk is a good hard drive eraser if you are still looking for suggestions.
    http://www.killdisk.com/downloadfree.htm

2wicked, Sep 23, 2019
  3. Paulieg Win User
    Can't erase my hard drive...Please help!!

OK, I've been working on computers for many years, and have erased and reformated Hard drives more times than I can count. However, I'm in the process of upgrading right now, and wanted to erase and reformat before I put the HD in my new system. I usually will erase my HD's with Active Killdisk. For some reason, it will not work with this HD. Every time I try to run Killdisk, it starts to run and then brings me back to the Killdisk menu scxreen. I thought maybe it was a bad CD burn, so I burned a second copy and the same thing happened! Anyone have a clue as to why this won't work? Also, any alternative suggestions to quickly erase this Hard drive? Not that it really matters, but this HD will be used exclusively for storage from now on. My OS and apps will be on my new Raptor.

Paulieg, Sep 23, 2019
  4. Xylee Del Win User

erasing hard drive

hard drive full, but can<t find the item to erase

Windows 10 has the option to change the storage location. We suggest that you change the storage location so you can still use your hard drive instead of using the SSD. Kindly follow the steps below on how to change the storage location:

• On the Search bar, type in storage and select the top most result.
    • On the Storage screen, change the location of each options to your desired hard drive. The files will now be saved on the specific hard drive.

erasing hard drive 47d2da23-d12c-4708-9637-ccc0766a4909.png

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Xylee Del, Sep 23, 2019
Thema:

erasing hard drive

1. erasing hard drive - Similar Threads - erasing hard drive

2. Erased windows 10 D: drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Erased windows 10 D: drive: Hi. I was following free up disk space in order to download windows 10 v 1903. Well somehow in the command prompt i managed to erase everything in my drive! Now i dont think windows installed properly and my computer froze and then went to a blank screen. i tryed to download...
  3. Erased my hard drive unexpectedly

Erased my hard drive unexpectedly: I have erased my hard disk unexpectedly while dual booting my windows with ubuntu , I need to get back to my windows 10 now please help me with this . And what happens to my activation , will I be able to get that back because my activation is done with digital licence that...
  4. Erased hard drive and I want to reused it but my system can't detect it.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Erased hard drive and I want to reused it but my system can't detect it.: Hi I accidentally erased my external usb hard drive and I don't need the data that was on it because it is backed up. However, I want to reused the hard drive and windows 10 doesn't detect the hard drive anymore. What can I do to format and restore the hard drive....
  5. Free Windows 10 - Getting Back After New Hard-Drive Installation or Hard-Drive Erase.

Free Windows 10 - Getting Back After New Hard-Drive Installation or Hard-Drive Erase.: Hello, I have a laptop that came with Windows 8.1 installed, so I took the FREE Windows 10 upgrade when it became available. As the FREE Windows 10 upgrade is no longer available I want to know the steps on how to get my FREE Windows 10 back in the event I need to install...
  6. how do i erase my hard drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do i erase my hard drive: how do I erase my hard drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_tools/how-do-i-erase-my-hard-drive/e0e93112-845b-4759-a06d-90a164baa848
  7. Trying to erase system partition from 2nd hard drive (errors)

Trying to erase system partition from 2nd hard drive (errors): Now that I have Windows installed on a new SSD, I want to complete erase the old (second) hard drive and have the entire drive available as one drive letter. I tried removing that system partition using diskpart but getting the following error: Delete is not allowed on the...
  8. Trying to erase system partition from 2nd hard drive (errors)

in Windows 10 Support
    Trying to erase system partition from 2nd hard drive (errors): Now that I have Windows installed on a new SSD, I want to complete erase the old (second) hard drive and have the entire drive available as one drive letter. I tried removing that system partition using diskpart but getting the following error: Delete is not allowed on the...
  9. Erase C Drive

Erase C Drive: So the title tells it all. I would like to erase my C drive but by that I mean the apps and ofc I want windows and everything else there. Apparently I believe hidden files get into my C drive taking up space so I cant install certain things. I could factory reset it but that...
  10. Eraser?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Eraser?: Hi I have used 'Eraser' removing files/data for yrs, since moving to Win 10 everything still seemed fine considering its Build 6.0.10.2620. I was just wondering if I should download the latest build & what was the latest pls? I can't update 'Eraser' within program, just get a...