Windows 10: Erasing personal data on a new laptop before returning to vendor ( Amazon)

Discus and support Erasing personal data on a new laptop before returning to vendor ( Amazon) in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi, Followed your guide to erase data through settings and reset but nothing happens. The operation doesn’t go through. Have tried numerous times with... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by NormandChénier, Aug 6, 2019.

1. Erasing personal data on a new laptop before returning to vendor ( Amazon)

Hi,

Followed your guide to erase data through settings and reset but nothing happens. The operation doesn’t go through. Have tried numerous times with no success. The laptop is an Asus with windows 10. Please help!

Kind regards.

Normand

:)

NormandChénier, Aug 6, 2019

2. Microsoft Surface Data Eraser

Microsoft Surface Data Eraser

Source: https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/...ce-data-eraser

Cluster Head, Aug 6, 2019
  3. Brink Win User
    Kohl's announces it will begin accepting Amazon returns in US stores

Read more:

Brink, Aug 6, 2019
  4. Erasing personal data on a new laptop before returning to vendor ( Amazon)

Remote erasing of data on lost phone

I have misplaced my phone while travelling in China.

Attempts to call the phone were unsuccessful, suggesting that either the phone was switched off or that the SIM card was removed/.

I called my phone service provider to deactivate the number.

i tried to login to my windows account to erase the data on my phone but got a message that it was unsucessful.

My questions are,

1) will I still be able to the erase the data remotely if the person who picked up my phone had replaced the SIM card

2) will I still be able to the erase the data remotely if my number was deactivated by my service provider

3) what else, if anything, could I do to wipe any data ( e.g. Contact list, messages, whatsap messages etc.) from the phone?

Unfortunately, a passcode is not required to unlock my phone,

i'm not sure I have wifi access to check the replies for the next few days, but any advices on this matter is much appreciated.

Plotholes80, Aug 6, 2019
Thema:

Erasing personal data on a new laptop before returning to vendor ( Amazon)

1. Erasing personal data on a new laptop before returning to vendor ( Amazon) - Similar Threads - Erasing personal data

2. personal data files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    personal data files: How do I remove permanently personal data files and passwords? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/personal-data-files/b7112e2d-94f9-4114-8509-011233545df8"
  3. OneDrive & Erasing All Data

OneDrive & Erasing All Data: I'm planning on erasing all data here sometime soon, all my important files are stored in the OneDrive folder. If I'm am to purposely erase everything, will that include the erasing OneDrive data on Windows 10? I just don't want to make an accidental mistake and not have...
  4. New laptop 4p12-19. Return?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    New laptop 4p12-19. Return?: New notebook 4-12-19. On 4-19-19 I restored to April 12 as it would not reboot in timely manner. About a hour later got blue screen error, "collecting information and shutting down computer." Then when it came back on said "Diagnosing to attempt repair." Then "could not...
  5. Erase data win 10

Erase data win 10: Bot new computer, want to donate. How erase[ delete data ]. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/erase-data-win-10/3bd60287-b5f1-44b5-b037-156266d23d18"
  6. reset and erase all my data

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    reset and erase all my data: HI I cant reset my computer and erase all my data. when i try to do it in settings it dosent work and when i go to troubleshoot it dosent work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reset-and-erase-all-my-data/c54faacc-b0cc-497e-8c71-9b70f8a04840
  7. Update erased system files, personal data.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update erased system files, personal data.: Our windows 10 pc updated this morning and erased all of our personal data and some critical system files. When it starts up now we get the usual start up screen then it goes to the please wait loading screen for about 30 min or so before going to a blank desktop. The...
  8. Recover Erased Data

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recover Erased Data: Recover Erased Data [ATTACH] Allows users to rescue deleted files from FAT16, FAT32, EXTFAT, NTFS, NTFS5, HFS+ and HFX Can be easily used over USB flash drive, memory card, external hard drive, etc. Easily rescue deleted files from Mac and Windows operating system with...
  9. Microsoft Surface Data Eraser

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Surface Data Eraser: Microsoft Surface Data Eraser Find out how the Microsoft Surface Data Eraser tool can help you securely wipe data from your Surface devices. Microsoft Surface Data Eraser is a tool that boots from a USB stick and allows you to perform a secure wipe of all data...
  10. Data & Personal Protection

in Windows 10 Support
    Data & Personal Protection: According to Computer Active, a magazine I have just bought, on page 7 they state that "AVG has issued an updated privacy policy that appears to grant the company the right to harvest and sell on data collected from users of its popular 'free' av tool, including browsing and...