Windows 10: ERGONOMIC 4000 KEYBOARD STILL no stable DRIVERS ~ 8 YEARS LATER!

Discus and support ERGONOMIC 4000 KEYBOARD STILL no stable DRIVERS ~ 8 YEARS LATER! in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; My problem is that both my Windows 7 and Windows 10 (64 Bit) "forget" my 4000 settings and Key-Favorites after a shutdown or reboot. So I must totally... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by SOGLAD, Mar 19, 2018.

1. SOGLAD Win User

ERGONOMIC 4000 KEYBOARD STILL no stable DRIVERS ~ 8 YEARS LATER!

My problem is that both my Windows 7 and Windows 10 (64 Bit) "forget" my 4000 settings and Key-Favorites after a shutdown or reboot. So I must totally CLEAN the last install and reinstall again and again with the same bad results, sooner or later. To be fair, this does not happen every time, but often enough that most times now, I simply CAN'T use the assigned buttons to do anything and that's really pathetic.

Today at start-up my system could not even FIND my 4000 keyboard!? I got to my password screen, but NONE of the keys worked! I thankfully knew about "F8" and 'last known good' options because if I didn't ~ I'm sure this computer would be in the shop for repairs. I also had to connect a 9 year old USB keyboard to get to F8!

I now own two of the Microsoft Ergonomic 4000 Keyboards ~ one of which I purchased yesterday thinking my KEYBOARD may be defective? No... this new 4000 does the same as the last!
    I've read SO many, many complaint posts and elaborate "fixes" online, but NOTHING makes the 4000 supporting drivers and software stable!

I've tried numerous "Driver Finder" programs and the last was IObit Driver Booster Pro 5.x (it updated). Driver booster advised my DRIVERS were "old", even though they ARE the very latest from MICROSOFT (downloaded just this week and on other occasions). Well IObit was certainly right about OLD... because this pathetic Keyboard performance is just that, old and sad.

Since the 4000 is STILL on vendors shelves (and I'm confident Microsoft has sold a million or more) ~ can't you PLEASE take the time to read the LEGIONS of 4000 owners who plea for REAL help and support for the this MICROSOFT 4000 product and it's issues?

I'm sure MICROSOFT has scores of buildings and hallways filled with talented SOFTWARE/DRIVER people ~ so can't you please take ONE or TWO gifted programmers who can FIX these problems for good (literally)? I mean, "what does it take" for Microsoft to listen and respond? 8 YEARS is a long time...

Anthony

:)

SOGLAD, Mar 19, 2018

2. Microsoft Ergonomic Keyboard 4000 Driver...

Hello Michael,

In Microsoft Ergonomic Keyboard 4000 you don't need any of driver to run. Its just run so quickly and you don't need to install any kind of drivers to run this Microsoft Ergonomic Keyboard 4000.

Still as you already told above that you have installed Drivers then you have to first uninstall Drivers and connect again Microsoft Ergonomic Keyboard 4000. I hope this might help you out.

Still if doesn't work then i work for
    Examzip
    please contact me there. I will help you out ERGONOMIC 4000 KEYBOARD STILL no stable DRIVERS ~ 8 YEARS LATER! :)

PriyankaSharmalive, Mar 19, 2018
  3. hlrjrl Win User
    Num Lock on at Bootup - Win 10

I still have the problem, the drivers were up to date. I have a Microsoft Natural Ergonomic 4000 Keyboard.

hlrjrl, Mar 19, 2018
  4. EdTittel Win User

Anthony: you might want to cut'n'paste your post here into the Feedback Hub (along with the URL therefrom) to make SURE that Microsoft will see and possibly take cognizance of your impassioned and nicely-worded plea for relief. They do read the forums here, but time and history have proven that they don't pay as much attention to TF as they do to direct feedback through the Feedback Hub. When you do that, please post a link here. I'll upvote your thread because I'm a fellow owner and long-time user of the Comfort Curve 4000 keyboard myself.
    Thanks,
    --Ed--

ERGONOMIC 4000 KEYBOARD STILL no stable DRIVERS ~ 8 YEARS LATER! [​IMG]

EdTittel, Mar 19, 2018
Thema:

1. ERGONOMIC 4000 KEYBOARD STILL no stable DRIVERS ~ 8 YEARS LATER! - Similar Threads - ERGONOMIC 4000 KEYBOARD

2. Microsoft Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000: Has the Microsoft Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000 finally been discontinued? It's been my go-to for work and home for about 20 years. When I find it online these days, it's for a ridiculous price....
  3. Microsoft Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000: Has the Microsoft Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000 finally been discontinued? It's been my go-to for work and home for about 20 years. When I find it online these days, it's for a ridiculous price....
  4. Driver Download for Microsoft Ergonomic Keyboard 4000

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Driver Download for Microsoft Ergonomic Keyboard 4000: I replaced an older Microsoft Ergonomic Keyboard 4000 with a new one and cannot get my computer to recognize it as the keyboard. The keyboard is connected to a KVM switch, but so was the previous one. The new keyboard does work through the KVM, but only the standard keys and...
  5. Driver Download for Microsoft Ergonomic Keyboard 4000

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Driver Download for Microsoft Ergonomic Keyboard 4000: I replaced an older Microsoft Ergonomic Keyboard 4000 with a new one and cannot get my computer to recognize it as the keyboard. The keyboard is connected to a KVM switch, but so was the previous one. The new keyboard does work through the KVM, but only the standard keys and...
  6. Driver Download for Microsoft Ergonomic Keyboard 4000

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Ergonomic 4000 keyboard

Ergonomic 4000 keyboard: I am trying to set up my Ergonomic 4000 keyboard but I cannot work out how to activate the number pad. I have tried the number lock key but that is not having any affect....
  8. Programming the Ergonomic 4000 keyboard

in Windows 10 Customization
    Programming the Ergonomic 4000 keyboard: Hi - How do you program the special keys on the Microsoft 4000 Ergonomic keyboard using Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/programming-the-ergonomic-4000-keyboard/9f80dd07-a6ab-426b-b04d-2685935b85b3
  9. microsoft ergonomic keyboard 4000 v1.0

microsoft ergonomic keyboard 4000 v1.0: Hi Is there a download to enable the shortcuts to work in windows 10 the original installation disc says not compatible with this version of windows https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-ergonomic-keyboard-4000-v10/281074cd-22c8-4228-93b9-bf4255fe7a7e
  10. Microsoft Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000

Microsoft Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000: I have bought and used the Microsoft Ergonomic Keyboard since it was made. I started a new job and had them order me one. The space bar did not work. They had it replaced and the second one worked for two weeks. Now keys don't work (the enter key, c, y, u, i o; keypad keys /,...