Windows 10: Err_connection_failed in chrome and other browsers

Discus and support Err_connection_failed in chrome and other browsers in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I was facing this problem a couple of months ago. After using my laptop for few hours, 3 or 4 for example, i suddenly get the page which says:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by KaramEl Hachimi, Sep 21, 2018.

1. Err_connection_failed in chrome and other browsers

Hi,

I was facing this problem a couple of months ago.

After using my laptop for few hours, 3 or 4 for example, i suddenly get the page which says: this site can't be reached with the error Err_connection_failed.

In edge this problem comes under: hmmm... can t reached this page, with error: there was a temporary DNS error. Try refreshing the page. Error code : INET_E_RESOURCE_NOT_FOUND.

I have tried the solution that says to set search dns manual a give the dns address 8.8.8.8 8.8.4.4 but does not work

The only temporary solution is to reboot the computer. And again after few hours the problem return.

Sometimes when I'm playing an online game, I switch between the game and browse for some music or other activities but i face the problem. The strange thing is that the game sometimes continues running even when i start facing the error.

I hope you can help somehow because I'm starting to be desperate about solving this problem. I do not find an exact similar problem in threads like mine.

Thanks

:)

KaramEl Hachimi, Sep 21, 2018
  2. Arun B J Win User

Setting Chrome as my default browser - Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern regarding the issue that you are facing.

I would suggest you to try these steps to see if it resolves the issue.

• Go to Start > Settings > System.
    • Choose Default apps, then scroll down to
      Web browser.
    • Tap or click the browser that’s currently listed as your default, then choose Chrome from the list of apps

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Sep 21, 2018
  3. Issues with making chrome as default browser on Windows 10.

Hi Richard,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if there is change in system settings or default browser program is change correctly.

I suggest you to follow the steps to change the default browser as Chrome browser and check if it helps.

1. Type "Control Panel" without the quotes in search box and click on it.

2. Click on Programs.

3. Then click on Default Programs and click on
    Set Default Programs

4. Click on chrome browser from the list.

5. Click on Set this program as default.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with making default browser as chrome, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Sep 21, 2018
  4. Err_connection_failed in chrome and other browsers

Bing Hijacked my Chrome Browser

Hi Aiden,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

As you are facing issue with Browser homepage, do let us know the following to assist you better:

• Which browser pops-up after the Windows startup (Microsoft Edge/ Internet Explorer)?
    • Which is the default web browser on your computer?

I suggest you to make Google Chrome as a default web browser also, try to edit the home page in Google Chrome and check if it helps.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue to assist you further.

Deepika Gowda, Sep 21, 2018
Thema:

Err_connection_failed in chrome and other browsers

1. Err_connection_failed in chrome and other browsers - Similar Threads - Err_connection_failed chrome browsers

2. “ERR_CONNECTION_FAILED” on all browsers and apps that require internet connection.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    “ERR_CONNECTION_FAILED” on all browsers and apps that require internet connection.: Hi,I’ve been having this issue for the past week and every single solution I could find has not worked. Whenever I boot up my PC, my internet works just fine for about 20 minutes. After that, any application that requires internet that isn’t connected to Google just stops...
  3. “ERR_CONNECTION_FAILED” on all browsers and apps that require internet connection.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    “ERR_CONNECTION_FAILED” on all browsers and apps that require internet connection.: Hi,I’ve been having this issue for the past week and every single solution I could find has not worked. Whenever I boot up my PC, my internet works just fine for about 20 minutes. After that, any application that requires internet that isn’t connected to Google just stops...
  4. Browser(s) reporting ERR_CONNECTION_FAILED

in Browsers and Email
    Browser(s) reporting ERR_CONNECTION_FAILED: Hello! The system works fine until you let it set idle for a number of hours and then all of a sudden you cannot browse anywhere. Doesn't matter what browser, Edge, Chrome, Firefox they all give the same error. Even for localhost and the loopback. [img] [img] [img]...
  5. Err_connection_failed in chrome and other browsers. Only solution is to restart.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Err_connection_failed in chrome and other browsers. Only solution is to restart.: Here I am. 1 years after my first post and still no solution. So I'm going to repost: Hi, I was facing this problem a couple of months ago. After using my laptop for few hours, 3 or 4 for example, i suddenly get the page which says: this site can't be reached with the...
  6. Windows Spellchecker in Edge, Chrome, and other Chromium browsers

in Windows 10 News
    Windows Spellchecker in Edge, Chrome, and other Chromium browsers: Microsoft's decision to switch to Chromium as the source for the company's Edge browser has injected even more development resources into the project. One of the latest commits by Microsoft engineers introduces support for the Windows Spellchecker in Chromium. Any changes...
  7. Chrome Browser

in Windows 10 Customization
    Chrome Browser: When i click on the icon, it does not open! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/chrome-browser/143497a3-4579-42e0-bbaa-ac0d65d977cf
  8. Google Chrome Browser

in Browsers and Email
    Google Chrome Browser: Hello, How can I transfer all my Chrome settings, passwords to sites, bookmarks etc. from current computer (32bit) into a new one also windows 10 pro (64bit). Answers will be appreciated. Thanks 106507
  9. Chrome browser

in Browsers and Email
    Chrome browser: I have a shortcut to open my Chrome browser on my taskbar. Every time I open Chrome I get this pop-up message: [img] I then have to click "yes" for Chrome to open. My Chrome browser is up to date. This has only happened recently. Any idea what causes this annoyance?...
  10. Why not make Chrome and Firefox (and other Web browsers) portable?

in Browsers and Email
    Why not make Chrome and Firefox (and other Web browsers) portable?: People do not like having to sync their Web browsers due to security concerns, but wouldn't the ideal solution be to make them portable so we can store them as we like to have them configured on another drive or a partition that is independent of the OS? This goes for office...