Windows 10: ERR_GFX_D3D_INIT - Iris XE graphics

Discus and support ERR_GFX_D3D_INIT - Iris XE graphics in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi! I have a Lenovo ThinkBook 15 G2 ITL notebook, with i5-1135G7 CPU, and Iris XE graphics.My problem is, when I'm playing with the legally bought GTA... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by PacificEvo, May 25, 2021.

1. ERR_GFX_D3D_INIT - Iris XE graphics

Hi! I have a Lenovo ThinkBook 15 G2 ITL notebook, with i5-1135G7 CPU, and Iris XE graphics.My problem is, when I'm playing with the legally bought GTA ONLINE, after some time i got an error message mentioned in the title. In the event viewer I see an error telling me, "display driver igfx stopped responding and has successfully recovered". But even thoe the driver is "recovered", the game exists instantly. When we bought the PC, it worked perfectly, for about a month, and then we had started getting this message. The notebook came, with a preinstalled version of Win 10 Pro. When the

:)

PacificEvo, May 25, 2021
  2. Brink Win User

Intel launched Intel Iris Xe MAX graphics for thin-and-light laptops

Source: https://newsroom.intel.com/news/iris...ics-deep-link/

Brink, May 25, 2021
  3. harrymc Win User
    Win 10 (SP4) Iris Pro Graphics 540 - manually set resolution?

I believe that the problem is with the Iris Graphics 540 card.

It seems that displays can only be connected to it using
    DisplayPort 1.2 / eDP 1.3 which maxes out at 3840 x 2160 @ 60 Hz,
    or using HDMI limited to the older version 1.4a which also maxes out
    at 3840 x 2160 @ 30 Hz.

You might try to use the less-limited HDMI 2.0
    by adding a DisplayPort converter that supports it.
    Such converters may be bought in stores or on Internet shopping websites.

Or if possible for your computer, add/replace the video card.

(Edit: The last sentence was written before I knew the post was about the Surface Pro.)

Sources:

harrymc, May 25, 2021
  4. ERR_GFX_D3D_INIT - Iris XE graphics

Cannot install Windows 10 1511 10586 update - Intel Iris Graphics 5100 not compatible

I have Mac Mini with Windows 10 in Boot Camp.

Windows 10 Update to version 1511 10586 fails with error:

ERR_GFX_D3D_INIT - Iris XE graphics VYEWX.png

I tried following:

Dalija Prasnikar, May 25, 2021
Thema:

ERR_GFX_D3D_INIT - Iris XE graphics

1. ERR_GFX_D3D_INIT - Iris XE graphics - Similar Threads - ERR_GFX_D3D_INIT Iris graphics

2. Anyone have any experience with Intel Iris Xe?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Anyone have any experience with Intel Iris Xe?: I might be getting a new computer in the near future, and one of the ones I'm looking at has the Iris Xe video built into the CPU instead of a dedicated graphics card. I don't play the newer, high end games. In fact, the only two games I'm concerned about are from 2005 and...
  3. Game settings showing iris xe as "bad" graphics card

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game settings showing iris xe as "bad" graphics card: is this normal or what should i install to fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/game-settings-showing-iris-xe-as-bad-graphics-card/a8db91b3-69a3-47b2-8c84-71579835ecb2
  4. Game settings showing iris xe as "bad" graphics card

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Game settings showing iris xe as "bad" graphics card: is this normal or what should i install to fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/game-settings-showing-iris-xe-as-bad-graphics-card/a8db91b3-69a3-47b2-8c84-71579835ecb2
  5. Intel Iris Xe not running games as it's expected to

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Intel Iris Xe not running games as it's expected to: I have an Acer Travel Mate P2 laptop with intel i5 11th gen and IntelR IrisR Xe Graphics ‎PS5.0/VS5.0‎.I tried running light games as pes 2017/2016 and in the settings, it's showing me that I have a bad graphics card while when I looked it up I found out that I can normally...
  6. Intel Iris Xe not running games as it's expected to

Intel Iris Xe not running games as it's expected to: I have an Acer Travel Mate P2 laptop with intel i5 11th gen and IntelR IrisR Xe Graphics ‎PS5.0/VS5.0‎.I tried running light games as pes 2017/2016 and in the settings, it's showing me that I have a bad graphics card while when I looked it up I found out that I can normally...
  7. Video TDR Failure on i5-1135G7, Intel iRIS xe

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Video TDR Failure on i5-1135G7, Intel iRIS xe: Around a week ago my computer has been getting a blue screen of death with the message "Video TDR Failure" and "igdkmdn64.sys". Reading online it says that it has to do with corrupted drivers but uninstalling the drivers and installing them again didn't solve the issue. My...
  8. More Intel Iris Xe Graphics Related BSoDs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    More Intel Iris Xe Graphics Related BSoDs: 2 days ago I had been in touch with the community. An independent advisor helped me and I had no BSoDs since, until 5 minutes ago.The minidump files are in the OneDrive link: https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ak0AlCSwJ15ekwfUGmohpEgqaDvy?e=hnmp5Kand the thread from 2 days ago:...
  9. More Intel Iris Xe Graphics Related BSoDs

More Intel Iris Xe Graphics Related BSoDs: 2 days ago I had been in touch with the community. An independent advisor helped me and I had no BSoDs since, until 5 minutes ago.The minidump files are in the OneDrive link: https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ak0AlCSwJ15ekwfUGmohpEgqaDvy?e=hnmp5Kand the thread from 2 days ago:...
  10. Intel launched Intel Iris Xe MAX graphics for thin-and-light laptops

in Windows 10 News
    Intel launched Intel Iris Xe MAX graphics for thin-and-light laptops: [media] What’s New: Today, Intel launched Intel® Iris® Xe MAX graphics, designed for thin-and-light laptops and now available from partners. Intel Iris Xe MAX graphics is based on the same Xe-LP microarchitecture used for Intel Iris Xe graphics in 11th Gen...