Windows 10: "err_name_not_resolved" connect to Internet odd failure

Discus and support "err_name_not_resolved" connect to Internet odd failure in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; "Windows Update" as well as the Edge and Firefox web browsers are unable to connect to the Internet. "err_name_not_resolved" is the return of these two... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by stillmoving, Apr 2, 2019.

1. "err_name_not_resolved" connect to Internet odd failure

"Windows Update" as well as the Edge and Firefox web browsers are unable to connect to the Internet. "err_name_not_resolved" is the return of these two browsers.

BUT the Comodo Dragon Internet Browser IS able to connect to the Internet and all interaction with Internet locations work fine using that browser.

The Windows 10 computer is connected to the Internet through an Ethernet cable (not Wi Fi).

All the proposed solutions I have seen assume NO connection to the Internet. That does not apply in this odd situation.

Any tips?

:)

stillmoving, Apr 2, 2019

2. ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED

I get the following on Chrome when I try and click the listen live on a radio station website. I get it also on Bing, but with different wording. I have two computers one the link works and the other one I get the messages. Any one can tell me step by
    step on how to change this? I have done a lot of setting changes, internet searches, phone calls . . . Any help would be appreciated. This site can’t be reached
    websiteisblocked.com56821’s server IP address could not be found.

ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED

RandyNovak1, Apr 2, 2019
  3. Windows 10 Internet Connectivity Issues with various programs

Hi,

Apologies for the late reply.

Try the following steps:

I would suggest you to run Internet Connectivity troubleshooter:

Try the following steps:

• Click "Search" and type "Troubleshooting" without quotes and hit enter.

• Click “View All”

• Select "Internet Explorer connection"

• Click next to run the troubleshooter.

Regards,

Waseemulla S, Apr 2, 2019
  4. Nath Bea Win User

"err_name_not_resolved" connect to Internet odd failure

HTC 7 Mozart mobile not connecting to internet

Hello,

If you cannot connect to Wi-Fi or use the Mobile Data on your HTC 7 Mozart device, we suggest that you follow the steps given on
    Lumia troubleshooting and repair. After each step, check to see if your issue has been fixed.

• For issues connecting to Wi-Fi networks, select Connectivity > My phone has problems connecting to Wi-Fi networks, then follow the suggested steps provided.

• And for issues connecting to the internet using a mobile data connection, select
      Connectivity > I cannot connect to the internet using a mobile data connection. Make sure to select the next options given if the problem persists.

We're just here if you have further questions.

Regards.

Nath Bea, Apr 2, 2019
Thema:

"err_name_not_resolved" connect to Internet odd failure

1. "err_name_not_resolved" connect to Internet odd failure - Similar Threads - err_name_not_resolved connect Internet

2. "err_name_not_resolved" connect to Internet odd failure

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "err_name_not_resolved" connect to Internet odd failure: "Windows Update" as well as the Edge and Firefox web browsers are unable to connect to the Internet. "err_name_not_resolved" is the return of these two browsers. BUT the Comodo Dragon Internet Browser IS able to connect to the Internet and all interaction with Internet...
  3. Bluetooth failure to connect.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth failure to connect.: I can't get Bluetooth to connect to a Bluetooth speaker. I can see it in windows, it's paired but fails to connect when I try to connect. Can someone provide instructions to correct this? Thanks....
  4. connection failure

connection failure: cant connect to wifi but I'm able to connect to my phones hotspot I have done troubleshooting, I have reset the drivers and upgraded ,yet still I keep facing the same problem kindly help me with that...
  5. ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED

ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED: I get the following on Chrome when I try and click the listen live on a radio station website. I get it also on Bing, but with different wording. I have two computers one the link works and the other one I get the messages. Any one can tell me step by step on how to change...
  6. Odd internet tab on the top of my screen

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Odd internet tab on the top of my screen: Hello, I just downloaded a mod for a game off the internet and after I did I got this sketchy tab at the stop of my screen. I can't find out how to get rid of it and it is kind of annoying. I started up my anti-virus thing and it said that there was nothing found on my...
  7. ps4 connection failure

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ps4 connection failure: My ps4 hasn't connected to the internet for about 4/5 days,i have looked online for solutions which haven't worked. The BT hub i'm using sais the ps4 is connected and I can access some online pages when sony me all features are up and running, in green for go, Grrrrrr Dns...
  8. no internet connection

no internet connection: I'm having a problem where I occasionally lose my internet connection while browsing ... restarting the laptop fixes the error (DNS probe no internet connection found.) This occurs with both the Edge and Chrome browsers. This problem only happens on my laptop's wi-fi ......
  9. Odd internet behavior

Odd internet behavior: We recently had an upgrade to our DSL service from 3mbs to 25mbs which required the modem to be exchanged for a new one. Before the upgrade the internet was working as soon as the PC booted to the desktop. But now, once booted to desktop, it takes another 30 seconds before...
  10. unexpected failure of internet connection

unexpected failure of internet connection: I am posting this thread via W10 PRO, not my usual TP as the internet connection failed unexpectedly and I was unable to send any details to Microsoft. This is on the same pc, I have W7ult, W10 pro and 17063 fast track using different hdds. The pc is AMD based, has anyone...