Windows 10: "err_name_not_resolved" connect to Internet odd failure

Discus and support "err_name_not_resolved" connect to Internet odd failure in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; "Windows Update" as well as the Edge and Firefox web browsers are unable to connect to the Internet. "err_name_not_resolved" is the return of these two... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by stillmoving, Apr 4, 2019.

1. "err_name_not_resolved" connect to Internet odd failure

"Windows Update" as well as the Edge and Firefox web browsers are unable to connect to the Internet. "err_name_not_resolved" is the return of these two browsers.

BUT the Comodo Dragon Internet Browser IS able to connect to the Internet and all interaction with Internet locations work fine using that browser.

The Windows 10 computer is connected to the Internet through an Ethernet cable (not Wi Fi).

All the proposed solutions I have seen assume NO connection to the Internet. That does not apply in this odd situation.

Any tips?

:)

stillmoving, Apr 4, 2019

2. ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED

I get the following on Chrome when I try and click the listen live on a radio station website. I get it also on Bing, but with different wording. I have two computers one the link works and the other one I get the messages. Any one can tell me step by
    step on how to change this? I have done a lot of setting changes, internet searches, phone calls . . . Any help would be appreciated. This site can’t be reached
    websiteisblocked.com56821’s server IP address could not be found.

ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED

RandyNovak1, Apr 4, 2019
  3. Windows 10 Internet Connectivity Issues with various programs

Hi,

Apologies for the late reply.

Try the following steps:

I would suggest you to run Internet Connectivity troubleshooter:

Try the following steps:

• Click "Search" and type "Troubleshooting" without quotes and hit enter.

• Click “View All”

• Select "Internet Explorer connection"

• Click next to run the troubleshooter.

Regards,

Waseemulla S, Apr 4, 2019
  4. Nath Bea Win User

"err_name_not_resolved" connect to Internet odd failure

HTC 7 Mozart mobile not connecting to internet

Hello,

If you cannot connect to Wi-Fi or use the Mobile Data on your HTC 7 Mozart device, we suggest that you follow the steps given on
    Lumia troubleshooting and repair. After each step, check to see if your issue has been fixed.

• For issues connecting to Wi-Fi networks, select Connectivity > My phone has problems connecting to Wi-Fi networks, then follow the suggested steps provided.

• And for issues connecting to the internet using a mobile data connection, select
      Connectivity > I cannot connect to the internet using a mobile data connection. Make sure to select the next options given if the problem persists.

We're just here if you have further questions.

Regards.

Nath Bea, Apr 4, 2019
Thema:

"err_name_not_resolved" connect to Internet odd failure

1. "err_name_not_resolved" connect to Internet odd failure - Similar Threads - err_name_not_resolved connect Internet

2. Odd Internet Connection Event

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Odd Internet Connection Event: Dear MSCSI have been having an issue with something else today and I was "Live Chatting" with a company when I noticed that this PC was showing that I was disconnected, but I was still able to chat and receive replies.While I started writing this to you, I took a screen shot...
  3. Odd Internet Connection Event

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Odd Internet Connection Event: Dear MSCSI have been having an issue with something else today and I was "Live Chatting" with a company when I noticed that this PC was showing that I was disconnected, but I was still able to chat and receive replies.While I started writing this to you, I took a screen shot...
  4. Odd Internet Connection Event

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Internet acting odd

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Internet acting odd: Hello all. My PC (Windows 10 64) has been running slow lately, and today it has gotten considerably worse. I am connected to my home WiFi and get an okay speed. Apps like discord and Spotify are stuck on loading, and same for many websites. Spotify gives me a “app not allowed...
  6. Internet Connectivity Failure

Internet Connectivity Failure: For over a year my PC has experienced intermittent connectivity issues. I am using a WiFi adapter, the computer is in the basement while the router is on the second floor. I do not believe this is a WiFi signal issue because my device is the only one experiencing these...
  7. "err_name_not_resolved" connect to Internet odd failure

in Windows 10 Support
    "err_name_not_resolved" connect to Internet odd failure: "Windows Update" as well as the Edge and Firefox web browsers are unable to connect to the Internet. "err_name_not_resolved" is the return of these two browsers. BUT the Comodo Dragon Internet Browser IS able to connect to the Internet and all interaction with Internet...
  8. ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED

ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED: I get the following on Chrome when I try and click the listen live on a radio station website. I get it also on Bing, but with different wording. I have two computers one the link works and the other one I get the messages. Any one can tell me step by step on how to change...
  9. Odd internet behavior

Odd internet behavior: We recently had an upgrade to our DSL service from 3mbs to 25mbs which required the modem to be exchanged for a new one. Before the upgrade the internet was working as soon as the PC booted to the desktop. But now, once booted to desktop, it takes another 30 seconds before...
  10. unexpected failure of internet connection

unexpected failure of internet connection: I am posting this thread via W10 PRO, not my usual TP as the internet connection failed unexpectedly and I was unable to send any details to Microsoft. This is on the same pc, I have W7ult, W10 pro and 17063 fast track using different hdds. The pc is AMD based, has anyone...