Windows 10: ERR_SSL_BAD_RECORD_MAC_ALERT need some help fixing this.

Discus and support ERR_SSL_BAD_RECORD_MAC_ALERT need some help fixing this. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hey. il try and sum up what happened. today i updated windows to trying to get some stuff to run faster. after the update i kept getting... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MaxBardwell, Mar 19, 2020.

1. ERR_SSL_BAD_RECORD_MAC_ALERT need some help fixing this.

Hey. il try and sum up what happened. today i updated windows to trying to get some stuff to run faster. after the update i kept getting ERR_SSL_BAD_RECORD_MAC_ALERT when trying to get onto most sites id use in my day. it also blocked off some other online platform programs i would run. Iv been looking at fixes for this problem for hours now and iv tried allot of different stuff. Date and time is automatic and correct. all antivirus is off or gone. its not a specific to 1 browser and its not the router.

I got to the point where it such an issue that i just did a full clean install of windows. factory reset. i got all my files on a drive and saved what i needed. YET this problem persists even through a clean reinstall and total wipe of both C and D. I kinda need to use the computer for work and school so this is really a bit of an issue.

from what i can tell and from what iv been reading the issue probably stems from an issue with the computers security in relation to other sites. google works fine. in fact most sites work normally until i get to any sort of log in screen. Example would be i load the front page of netflix, enter my log in and password, and then it spits out the error message. it dose this with pretty much all sites that i would need to log in for. some sites are unaffected and other sites wont loud at all.

Yeah i would really appreciate some help with this. the computer is still rather new and is a good piece of hardware. i was going to try and get alot of time out of this purchase but if its not going to work then im not sure what im going to do.

so yeah its currently a 100% clean install of windows 10 with nothing else on it. and it will display ERR_SSL_BAD_RECORD_MAC_ALERT every time the internet gets involved.

more info has come in while writing this up. the laptop in question is an alien ware laptop. Iv seen a few posts talking about the wireless adaptors security settings. it could be linked to The Killer Control centre. not sure if that helps much but its a lead that i havnt explored fully yet so its worth posting. thanks for your time and i really hope i can get this sorted.

:)

MaxBardwell, Mar 19, 2020

2. help to remote connect

not sure how to use both programs u 2 suggested, i need more helpful steps thanks

Corduroy_Jr, Mar 19, 2020
  3. qubit Win User
    i update bios then black screen ???? pls help me 980ti

@smoka Great you fixed it and would be interesting to know how you did it. Care to list the basic steps you took to do it so that it can help others stuck in the same situation?

qubit, Mar 19, 2020
  4. zbook Win User

ERR_SSL_BAD_RECORD_MAC_ALERT need some help fixing this.

Programs not working

In post 26 there were steps listed to fix the operating system corruption.
    Are you able to follow them?
    In post 29 was the suggested dism repair command.

zbook, Mar 19, 2020
Thema:

ERR_SSL_BAD_RECORD_MAC_ALERT need some help fixing this.

1. ERR_SSL_BAD_RECORD_MAC_ALERT need some help fixing this. - Similar Threads - ERR_SSL_BAD_RECORD_MAC_ALERT need help

2. I just need some help fixing it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I just need some help fixing it: After I restored to another point and restarted I kept getting blue screened and I been stuck trying to deal with your pc couldn't start properly error code: 0xc0000001 for hours and can't seem to fix it....
  3. I just need some help fixing it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I just need some help fixing it: After I restored to another point and restarted I kept getting blue screened and I been stuck trying to deal with your pc couldn't start properly error code: 0xc0000001 for hours and can't seem to fix it....
  4. Need some help...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need some help...: So I tried resetting a laptop that used to be my brother's. After it was all done it brought me to the login screen with the same User Account. I tried using the password associated with it and it gave me an error saying "the user profile service failed the sign-in." I found...
  5. Need some helpful help

Need some helpful help: So I was trying to download an editing software, on my Window 10, but I couldn't install it because I was missing opencl.dll, but I found the opencl.dll in File Explorer, so i dragged it in the System32 file. But now i faced with a new problem. My new problem is "the...
  6. Problem with Wi-Fi adapter --> ERR_ssl_bad_record_mac_alert

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Problem with Wi-Fi adapter --> ERR_ssl_bad_record_mac_alert: Hello guys, I have a problem after reinstallation my Windows. My problem is that I can't use some of web pagesnot all of them or connect on web apps or games. I thought that problem is connected with previous version of Windows but I install new one and seems like it is...
  7. Problem with Wi-Fi adapter --> ERR_ssl_bad_record_mac_alert

Problem with Wi-Fi adapter --> ERR_ssl_bad_record_mac_alert: Hello guys, I have a problem after reinstallation my Windows. My problem is that I can't use some of web pagesnot all of them or connect on web apps or games. I thought that problem is connected with previous version of Windows but I install new one and seems like it is...
  8. Need help on fixing some issues with updating and the store

Need help on fixing some issues with updating and the store: [ATTACH] https://preview.redd.it/sdsn9ad17kp41.png?width=1923&format=png&auto=webp&s=847ef3bef449a1dc6a5d420a5dd6f5f10ede7795 So a few days ago I opened Minecraft and it wasn't loading, tried closing and opening it again numerous times but that didn't seem to fix it. So...
  9. ERR_SSL_BAD_RECORD_MAC_ALERT on windows 10

ERR_SSL_BAD_RECORD_MAC_ALERT on windows 10: Hi to everyone!! I recently bought a Dell Inspiron 15 3583 - i7-8565U - 16GB - 512GB SSD - Win 10 and whenever i try to reach some websites this problemERR_SSL_BAD_RECORD_MAC_ALERT can occur.The strange think is that this happens and then it can fix without any action from...
  10. Brand New System ERR_SSL_BAD_RECORD_MAC_ALERT and ERR_CONNECTION_RESET Errors

Brand New System ERR_SSL_BAD_RECORD_MAC_ALERT and ERR_CONNECTION_RESET Errors: So, I rebuilt my father's computer. New motherboard, processor, memory, the works. Only kept the hard drives and case/power supply. Had some difficulties at first, but in the end Windows 10 installed and activated just fine. Now I am attempting to Install Office, but...