Windows 10: Errant email address in Windows Explorer context menu

Discus and support Errant email address in Windows Explorer context menu in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I've attached a screenshot of the problem I'm describing. When I right-click a file in Windows Explorer, then click the "Share" option, this box... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by prcsn8r, Nov 27, 2020.

1. prcsn8r Win User

Errant email address in Windows Explorer context menu

I've attached a screenshot of the problem I'm describing. When I right-click a file in Windows Explorer, then click the "Share" option, this box appears with this shaded-out email address. I need to make that email address go away.

It's an address that's been previously associated with shares and various emails, but I'm very much no longer associated with that person and need to be assured that my affairs are secure from any intrusion. From where does that entry originate anyhow? I'm concerned that I might need to purge some entry elsewhere. Any help is appreciated. Errant email address in Windows Explorer context menu b874a585-71fb-4483-ab7c-9a7eee52059f?upload=true.jpg

:)

prcsn8r, Nov 27, 2020

2. old email addresses

Thank you for updating me HA.111

Here is the step to remove that old email address.

Start typing an email address into the “To” field. As soon as you see the old email address being recommended as one of the potential candidates, use the down arrow key to scroll through the list of suggestions. Once you highlight the old email address, type
    the delete key. In many cases, this will actually remove the entry not only from the current list of suggestions but from future suggestions as well. You may even find that as you mouse over the drop-down list the highlighted item will have an “x” to explicitly
    allow you to delete it.

Just do this step and your good to go.

Continue to have an escellent day HA.111

Best regards,

Anthony C. De Jesus

Independent Advisor

Anthony1129, Nov 27, 2020
  3. JustNoOne Win User
    Context Menus in File Explorer not rendering properly

I get the same issue too.

From a clean install, I installed the following that added context menu entries (can't remember if there's more as I'm being affected by it now):

• dropbox
    • google drive
    • bit defender
    • visual studio code
    • vlc
    I notice that this usually happens when I'm performing large copy operations between drives (60k+ files, 100+ gb). It's sporadic, but tends to occur more often when it has stalled or is going through a large number of tiny files (transfer speed is reported
    as 0 b/s to 20kb/s).

All other context menus are fine (including file explorer's address bar).

JustNoOne, Nov 27, 2020
  4. Errant email address in Windows Explorer context menu

Custom context menu entries

So, just throwing this out there, in case somone knows.

I have added a custom context menu entry for the program rightload, since by default the menu is broken in vistax64.

It works pefect with single files, but when I select mutiple files and try to open, I get mutiple instances of the program (which makes sense), here is my entry:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Rightload\Rightload.exe --server=1 --autostart %1

So the %1 passes the filename to the program, and when I select multiple files it is just opening multiple instances of rightload each with a different file.

What I'd like to do is be able to pass a list of the files selected to the program. Since I know it is capable of uploading multiple files from the context menu, all in one instance.

So, is there something I can pass besides %1 that will do this? I have looked around and can't seem to find an answer anywhere... *Frown Errant email address in Windows Explorer context menu :(

ArmoredCavalry, Nov 27, 2020
Thema:

Errant email address in Windows Explorer context menu

1. Errant email address in Windows Explorer context menu - Similar Threads - Errant email address

2. Windows Explorer Context Menu icons are not Showing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Explorer Context Menu icons are not Showing: Please Help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-explorer-context-menu-icons-are-not/a350ccea-e48f-4a68-bbeb-f2b1fbf569ba
  3. Windows Explorer Context Menu icons are not Showing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Explorer Context Menu icons are not Showing: Please Help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-explorer-context-menu-icons-are-not/a350ccea-e48f-4a68-bbeb-f2b1fbf569ba
  4. Windows 11 Explorer crashing on Context menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Explorer crashing on Context menu: After updating from Windows 10 all worked perfect to Windows 11 the Explorer looks different in case of reduced menus. But on advanced menu, I can see old and default context entries like on 7Zip again. Unfortunately the Explorer crashes as soon as I click right on a zip...
  5. Windows 11 Explorer crashing on Context menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Explorer crashing on Context menu: After updating from Windows 10 all worked perfect to Windows 11 the Explorer looks different in case of reduced menus. But on advanced menu, I can see old and default context entries like on 7Zip again. Unfortunately the Explorer crashes as soon as I click right on a zip...
  6. Remove Email Addresses from "Share with" Context Menu?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Remove Email Addresses from "Share with" Context Menu?: [img] How do I remove these? I mainly want to remove the hotmail address. I tried deleting it from netplwiz and rebooting, but it still shows up. I no longer use that email and I want it deleted from that context menu. 92085
  7. arrows disappeared in windows explorer context menu

in Windows 10 Support
    arrows disappeared in windows explorer context menu: Hi everybody, I experienced a problem: I decided to get rid of some of my typefaces. I had so much of them. But I may have uninstalled a system typeface, since I got empty vertical rectangle instead of arrows. What could I do? Thank you [img] 53558
  8. Right click context menu for explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Right click context menu for explorer: Trying to create a Right click context menu for explorer. I used to be able to launch VLC mediaplayer by right clicking on a Video_ts folder and chose play with VLC, seems to have gone for some reason...tried a few programs to help me with this but no luck yet....just tried...
  9. Email - Add to Context Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Email - Add to Context Menu in Windows 10: How to: Email - Add to Context Menu in Windows 10 How to Add Email to Context Menu in Windows 10 [img] Information You can use Email from the Share tab in the ribbon of File Explorer by default when you have files and/or folders selected. It allows you to send the...
  10. Windows Explorer Context Menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Explorer Context Menu: Windows Explorer Context Menu Add custom items to Windows Explorer shell context menu easily with Explorer Context Menu. Easy to start (just install), easy to add your menu items (just one line of template code for every menu item), easy to use (.Net C#, VB, etc.) easy to...