Windows 10: Erratic behavior, especially the cursor

Discus and support Erratic behavior, especially the cursor in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have an older Toshiba Satellite Laptop. It has Windows 10 Home. Intel core i5-4210U, 6 GB RAM, 750GB HD. Internet is via Wi-Fi. About 2 weeks ago,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Maynard68, Jul 16, 2020.

1. Maynard68 Win User

Erratic behavior, especially the cursor

I have an older Toshiba Satellite Laptop. It has Windows 10 Home. Intel core i5-4210U, 6 GB RAM, 750GB HD. Internet is via Wi-Fi.

About 2 weeks ago, half of the key board stopped working... I have a mini keyboard so I plugged that it and was able to use. A few days ago, crazy stuff started happening with the cursor. I immediately thought some kind of virus so I ran every piece of malware remove software I could find... nothing significant found.

What I would see.... if I double clicked on a desktop icon, the icon all the way to the right on that line would open. If I try to watch a video, I could open the viewer but once I hit play the video runs in super fast speed all the way to the end, no stopping it. If I open a web page and click any where on that document, the cursor scrolls all the way to the end. If I open a folder with several files, doesn't matter which one I click on, the cursor goes to the last one.

I removed all the important stuff and did a complete reset of the laptop. I added all my usual stuff including google Chrome. Almost immediately, I had the same problem. I've spent many hours troubleshooting via guides found via google. I have changed the mouse, changed the battery, turned off the touchpad, removed/reinstalled the mouse software, updated all drivers... everything someone thought I should try, I tried it. I still had the same problem.

Today I did a full reset again, this time I didn't add anything. Only thing on this laptop now if the stuff you get when you reinstall windows 10. I did run the windows update,. I opened a desktop Text document, typed in about 50 characters.... same problem. Click on any one characters, cursor flies to the right. Opened the supplied Microsoft browser.... same problem as before.

I need help, where do I go next?

:)

Maynard68, Jul 16, 2020
  2. BulldogXX Win User

WINDOWS 10 ERRATIC BEHAVIOR

There is no such utility, and if you're looking for help from your fellow Windows users you'll need to be a whole lot more specific than 'erratic behavior.'

BulldogXX, Jul 16, 2020
  3. erratic cursor

erratic cursor stops typing and moves to top left or right I have changed to a wired mouse from wireless but still happens with and with out mouse, cannot get any thing done

John

JSaunders 51, Jul 16, 2020
  4. Erratic behavior, especially the cursor

Surface Pro 3 - Erratic cursor and window behaviour

I experience intermittent erratic cursor behaviour on my Surface Pro 3. Any open windows also reduce in size and expand again. I keep the computer updated and have switched locations to avoid any external interference.

I've read various reports on Touchscreen drives and updates etc but nothing seems to cure this erratic behaviour. Any suggestions?

Joe McDonnell (joe), Jul 16, 2020
Thema:

Erratic behavior, especially the cursor

1. Erratic behavior, especially the cursor - Similar Threads - Erratic behavior especially

2. Erratic Cursor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Erratic Cursor: All of a sudden, my cursor has gone crazy. It will go into a continuous scroll pattern. It will print the letters in a word I enter...backwards. It will not stay where I put it. We purchased a new Mouse and that did nothing. We have done shutdown many times...power off. I...
  3. Erratic Cursor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Erratic Cursor: All of a sudden, my cursor has gone crazy. It will go into a continuous scroll pattern. It will print the letters in a word I enter...backwards. It will not stay where I put it. We purchased a new Mouse and that did nothing. We have done shutdown many times...power off. I...
  4. Erratic Behavior from Mouse and Keyboard

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Erratic Behavior from Mouse and Keyboard: Ever since upgrading all of my PC hardware, my mouse and keyboard start becoming completely erratic, but at random times. For example, whenever their issues start to occur, the same things will happen: Middle mouse button zooms instead of scrolls, keyboard won't allow typing...
  5. USB ports erratic behavior

USB ports erratic behavior: Hi, My computer runs Windows 10 Home version 1909. It is an AMD Ryzen 9 3900X @ 3,79 GHz, 64GB RAM and I use it as an audio workstation (I am an audio engineer). I was already having issues with my Kensington trackball: every once in a while it became unresponsive and I had...
  6. Erratic behavior of key combinations

in Windows 10 Customization
    Erratic behavior of key combinations: Hello, I am making a custom keyboard layout with MSKLC 1.4 and I've come across some problems. First of all, the keyboard layout works fine in the testing window, but some keys work, some don't anywhere else, mainly dead keys combinations. If this can be solved, I'll...
  7. Erratic mouse cursor behavior.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Erratic mouse cursor behavior.: My mouse is having a tendency to chage icons when transitioning from windows or over text. Gets stuck on different cusor icons and sometimes two parallel lines that are vertical. Ive checked windows updates and even done a reset of the pc resetting the OS....
  8. erratic screen behavior, windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    erratic screen behavior, windows 10: screen jumps around erratically and unpredictably, left to right and up to down. can you help with possible solution? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/erratic-screen-behavior-windows-10/a64c2218-3f20-4b8e-808a-476041184437
  9. Erratic Mouse behavior

Erratic Mouse behavior: Please help me.. I recently updated my HP laptop i have windows 10 and ever since the update my mouse/pointer have being behaving uncontrollably. it moves around without me touching opening tabs, open pages, my touch sometime stop working and the least shaking of the laptop a...
  10. Windows 10 erratic mouse behavior

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 erratic mouse behavior: Why won't Microsoft fix the erratic mouse behavior problems they introduced with their Windows 10 updates. Hundreds of thousands of users (perhaps millions) have complained and they are all using different mice on different types of computers. Microsoft keeps sending...