Windows 10: Erratic behavior of key combinations

Discus and support Erratic behavior of key combinations in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, I am making a custom keyboard layout with MSKLC 1.4 and I've come across some problems. First of all, the keyboard layout works fine in the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Javi Casas, Mar 29, 2020.

1. Erratic behavior of key combinations

Hello,

I am making a custom keyboard layout with MSKLC 1.4 and I've come across some problems. First of all, the keyboard layout works fine in the testing window, but some keys work, some don't anywhere else, mainly dead keys combinations. If this can be solved, I'll appreciate it.

To the main topic, I'm using a Spanish Spain keyboard layout, that features a tilde ~ when AltGr + 4 are pressed, but the expected behavior of pressing them twice to get two of them doesn't work. Instead, I have to press them several times, from 20 to 100 times to get a couple of them. Although holding them is easier and faster, I want to fix that problem.

I'll update with additional hardware information or other specs if needed. I'd like to be answered here i.e. not to be referred to other forums as previous answers I found, as their last post dates back to 2018.

Thanks in advance.

:)

Javi Casas, Mar 29, 2020
  2. BulldogXX Win User

WINDOWS 10 ERRATIC BEHAVIOR

There is no such utility, and if you're looking for help from your fellow Windows users you'll need to be a whole lot more specific than 'erratic behavior.'

BulldogXX, Mar 29, 2020
  3. WINDOWS 10 ERRATIC BEHAVIOR

I have upgraded to the new windows 10. I have not backed it up yet. I also have no restore points.. Is there a windows repair that will check the entire installation and find the problems causing erratic behavior?

PointOfView, Mar 29, 2020
  4. Erratic behavior of key combinations

Erratic Mouse behavior

Hi Diana,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

To have better clarity on the issue, answer the below-listed questions and get back to us.

1. What is the model number of your HP laptop?
    2. Which update did you install prior to this issue?
    3. Are you using an external mouse or the inbuilt Touchpad of the laptop?

I suggest you to follow the sections First, try checking your hardware and then
    Hardware Troubleshooter Drivers from
    Mouse, touchpad, and keyboard problems in Windows
    and see if you are facing the same issue.

Meanwhile, try the below methods and see if this helps.

Method 1: Reduce the Touchpad Sensitivity.

I would suggest you to follow the section Adjusting TouchPad or ClickPad pointing sensitivities from

TouchPad or ClickPad
    and reduce the sensitivity of the touchpad and check for the issue.

You can follow the section Opening the Touchpad Settings from the above link to open the Touchpad Settings.

Method 2: Reinstall the Touchpad Drivers.

Step 1: Press the Windows key and the
    R
    key from your keyboard and type Devmgmt.msc and hit
    Enter

Step 2: Double-click Mice and other pointing devices on the list to expand it.

Step 3: Right-click on Synaptics Pointing Device and choose
    Uninstall from the list of options and click on OK.

Step 4: Once the drivers have been successfully uninstalled,
    restart the computer once
    for the drivers to install automatically and check for the issue.

Method 3: Clean Boot.

If the above methods didn't work, then I would suggest you to perform a
    Clean Boot
    and check what exactly is causing the issue.

NOTE: A 'Clean Boot' starts Windows with a minimal set of drivers and startup programs, so that you can determine whether a background program is interfering with your game or program. Your computer may temporarily lose some functionality
    while in a clean boot environment, however, that functionality will return when you reset the computer to start normally after you have finished your troubleshooting.

If the Clean Boot works, then don't forget to place the computer to normal boot by going to 'Reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting' section in the Clean Boot link.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking Yes or No.

Shafeeq_Khan, Mar 29, 2020
Thema:

Erratic behavior of key combinations

1. Erratic behavior of key combinations - Similar Threads - Erratic behavior key

2. Erratic Behavior from Mouse and Keyboard

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Erratic Behavior from Mouse and Keyboard: Ever since upgrading all of my PC hardware, my mouse and keyboard start becoming completely erratic, but at random times. For example, whenever their issues start to occur, the same things will happen: Middle mouse button zooms instead of scrolls, keyboard won't allow typing...
  3. Erratic Behavior from Mouse and Keyboard

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Erratic Behavior from Mouse and Keyboard: Ever since upgrading all of my PC hardware, my mouse and keyboard start becoming completely erratic, but at random times. For example, whenever their issues start to occur, the same things will happen: Middle mouse button zooms instead of scrolls, keyboard won't allow typing...
  4. USB ports erratic behavior

USB ports erratic behavior: Hi, My computer runs Windows 10 Home version 1909. It is an AMD Ryzen 9 3900X @ 3,79 GHz, 64GB RAM and I use it as an audio workstation (I am an audio engineer). I was already having issues with my Kensington trackball: every once in a while it became unresponsive and I had...
  5. Erratic behavior, especially the cursor

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Erratic behavior, especially the cursor: I have an older Toshiba Satellite Laptop. It has Windows 10 Home. Intel core i5-4210U, 6 GB RAM, 750GB HD. Internet is via Wi-Fi. About 2 weeks ago, half of the key board stopped working... I have a mini keyboard so I plugged that it and was able to use. A few days ago,...
  6. Erratic mouse cursor behavior.

Erratic mouse cursor behavior.: My mouse is having a tendency to chage icons when transitioning from windows or over text. Gets stuck on different cusor icons and sometimes two parallel lines that are vertical. Ive checked windows updates and even done a reset of the pc resetting the OS....
  7. erratic screen behavior, windows 10

erratic screen behavior, windows 10: screen jumps around erratically and unpredictably, left to right and up to down. can you help with possible solution? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/erratic-screen-behavior-windows-10/a64c2218-3f20-4b8e-808a-476041184437
  8. Erratic Mouse behavior

Erratic Mouse behavior: Please help me.. I recently updated my HP laptop i have windows 10 and ever since the update my mouse/pointer have being behaving uncontrollably. it moves around without me touching opening tabs, open pages, my touch sometime stop working and the least shaking of the laptop a...
  9. Windows 10 erratic mouse behavior

Windows 10 erratic mouse behavior: Why won't Microsoft fix the erratic mouse behavior problems they introduced with their Windows 10 updates. Hundreds of thousands of users (perhaps millions) have complained and they are all using different mice on different types of computers. Microsoft keeps sending...
  10. Windows 10 erratic mouse behavior

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 erratic mouse behavior: Why won't Microsoft fix the erratic mouse behavior problems they introduced with their Windows 10 updates. Hundreds of thousands of users (perhaps millions) have complained and they are all using different mice on different types of computers. Microsoft keeps sending...