Windows 10: Erratic Complete Startup on New Win10 Install

Discus and support Erratic Complete Startup on New Win10 Install in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; My current win10 install on a Dell T3500 was becoming slow, with noticeable time needed to switch to an open Microsoft Word document after viewing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Jim8080, Jan 14, 2019.

1. Jim8080 Win User

Erratic Complete Startup on New Win10 Install

My current win10 install on a Dell T3500 was becoming slow,
    with noticeable time needed to switch to an open Microsoft Word document after
    viewing Firefox, oddball activities with some app’s, etc.

I decided to perform a win10 reinstall using the Media
    creation tool on a separate Seagate Barracuda 1tb hard drive. Both drives are
    connected to my Dell T3500, and I use Setup to switch between them. The new drives runs fine, with none of the
    problems I had earlier. It is a recent reinstall, and I’m still adding app’s.

There is one problem, the second drive doesn’t always start
    completely, hanging at the black screen with the blue window and the rotating
    dots. If I continue to wait, the hard drive activity light turns off. I can always start by using a hard shutdown about three times and then clicking the restart button in the Automatic Repair screen.
    It is an erratic problem, sometimes in one startup, and maybe 10
    startups or more other times.

Fast startup is disabled.
    I used SeaTools to check bad sectors.

Any suggestions? I’m ready to switch to the new drive, but not with this issue.
    Jim

:)

Jim8080, Jan 14, 2019
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Erratic Complete Startup on New Win10 Install :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Jan 14, 2019
  3. Avedis53 Win User
    Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Jan 14, 2019
  4. dotmarty Win User

Windows 10 - cannot add exec to Startup in Task Manager

I purchased a new computer with Windows 10 already installed. I am trying to add an exec to the startup list but Win10 will not accept it. The exec runs successfully on my Windows 10 machine if I start it manually.

Steps I've taken: Task Manager, Startup Tab, File>Run New Task. (browse to location, select.) It will start immediately, but does not show up on the list to autostart, nor does it start on reboot.

Any suggestions?

dotmarty, Jan 14, 2019
Thema:

1. Erratic Complete Startup on New Win10 Install - Similar Threads - Erratic Complete Startup

2. Startup erratic

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Startup erratic: At wits' end.This has been going on for months.Had it looked at by a certified Asus lab, which only yielded a small hole in my pocket, and no improvement in the patient's state.SystemRunning windows 11, but problem dates from my windows 10 days.Asus laptop: VivoBook_ASUS...
  3. Startup erratic

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Startup erratic: At wits' end.This has been going on for months.Had it looked at by a certified Asus lab, which only yielded a small hole in my pocket, and no improvement in the patient's state.SystemRunning windows 11, but problem dates from my windows 10 days.Asus laptop: VivoBook_ASUS...
  4. win10 erratic keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    win10 erratic keyboard: Hiswappeeeed keyyyyybarrrrrd didnt fix itkeeeeborddddd reeeeeeeeeeepair in control panel didntttttt fix itfrustratinghhhhhhelp https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win10-erratic-keyboard/19336873-c19c-4c53-a44f-6e107ce22182
  5. win10 erratic keyboard

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    win10 erratic keyboard: Hiswappeeeed keyyyyybarrrrrd didnt fix itkeeeeborddddd reeeeeeeeeeepair in control panel didntttttt fix itfrustratinghhhhhhelp https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win10-erratic-keyboard/19336873-c19c-4c53-a44f-6e107ce22182
  6. win10 erratic keyboard

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. New hard drive, Win10 ISO won't complete installation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    New hard drive, Win10 ISO won't complete installation: Five year old Dell XPS 8900 desktop with OEM Win10. I immediately added a 240 GB SanDisk SSD as my (C:/) Windows drive and put (most) all my data on the OEM 1TB Seagate HDD (D:/ drive). Turns out there's a small bit of data I'd like to recover from old C drive, but nothing...
  8. New Win10 Install - hangs on blue Windows logo at startup

in Windows 10 Support
    New Win10 Install - hangs on blue Windows logo at startup: I reinstalled Windows10 from scratch yesterday (this is the 5th time this year). It installed fine. But on a cold startup it will get stuck at the black screen with the Blue Windows logo and no spinner. This happens about 50% of the time. If I reset the computer sometimes I...
  9. Startup Not Working on New Win10 PC

in Windows 10 Support
    Startup Not Working on New Win10 PC: I am trying to set up a new Win10 PC. It’s an HP All-in-One Desktop (model 23-q112) with a Touchscreen. I don’t want to use Touch, so I disabled it in Device Manager. For some reason, Touch was enabled again a few restarts later. It may have happened via Windows Update; I’m...
  10. Win10 erratic response from cursor

in Windows 10 Support
    Win10 erratic response from cursor: Posted in wrong forum. Reposted in system performance. 23172