Windows 10: Erratic, jerky mouse behaviour

Discus and support Erratic, jerky mouse behaviour in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I'm using a Microsoft Windows wireless mouse with a Surface Pro. It's behaved perfectly until recently, when it suddenly has become erratic and jerky... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ChrisAxford, Jan 30, 2020.

1. Erratic, jerky mouse behaviour

I'm using a Microsoft Windows wireless mouse with a Surface Pro.

It's behaved perfectly until recently, when it suddenly has become erratic and jerky so I have difficulty in selecting icons, text, etc.

I have cleaned my mouse thoroughly, replaced the batteries, powered it and my surface pro off and on but this doesn't rectify the problem.

:)

ChrisAxford, Jan 30, 2020

2. Jerky Mouse after Win10 upgrade...

Hi Harshavardhan,

Same problem with me. I did what you said but still the mouse/coursr movement is erratic/jerky and makes working very difficult and frustrating.

Please provide a solutions.

Thanks.

JitendraTrivedi, Jan 30, 2020
  3. Sigurd Win User
    Erratic mouse movements

Since I carried out a clean re-installation, my mouse, a MS Wireless Mouse 5000, has displayed intermittent erratic and jerky movements. Sometimes it is OK, other times it can move in such coarse jerky movements that it is unusable. My Wacom pen on the other hand is smooth. I have tried disabling One Drive thinking it was a conflict of CPU time but that doesn't help. A different mmouse exhibits same problem, New batteries don't help. Googling for answers finds plenty of references to the issue (mostly dating back 2 - 3 years) but no solution.
    Any current views on the issue?

Sigurd, Jan 30, 2020
  4. Erratic, jerky mouse behaviour

Surface Pro 3 - Erratic cursor and window behaviour

I experience intermittent erratic cursor behaviour on my Surface Pro 3. Any open windows also reduce in size and expand again. I keep the computer updated and have switched locations to avoid any external interference.

I've read various reports on Touchscreen drives and updates etc but nothing seems to cure this erratic behaviour. Any suggestions?

Joe McDonnell (joe), Jan 30, 2020
Thema:

Erratic, jerky mouse behaviour

1. Erratic, jerky mouse behaviour - Similar Threads - Erratic jerky mouse

2. Search Best Match Erratic Behaviour

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Search Best Match Erratic Behaviour: Posted on Microsoft Community, but all I got was "update your system", "run the troubleshooter", and "run sfc". Here's my problem: Windows Search behaves differently every time I use it and it drives me insane. I open my applications via Windows Search, and sometimes it...
  3. Sleeping and Hibernating with Issues and Erratic Behaviour

in Windows 10 Support
    Sleeping and Hibernating with Issues and Erratic Behaviour: All or any of the following situations can happened when I try to put my computer either in sleep or hibernate mode. The computer seldom enters and stays in sleeping or hibernate mode until I awake it; The computer enters in sleeping or hibernate, stays for from a few...
  4. Erratic mouse

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Erratic mouse: Mouse is usb wired. Updates are on and since March 2020 my mouse starts jumping and clicking all over the screen, I have disabled the touch screen, the touch pad, but problem remains, weirdly,.... If I touch the screen with my other hand while mousing I am able to control...
  5. Windows Spotlight - Erratic Behaviour

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows Spotlight - Erratic Behaviour: Rather than add to the very long discussion threads on the subject of Windows Spotlight, I'm starting another to ask others whether they are experiencing Spotlight behaving erratically of late. Following problems some time ago with Spotlight not downloading and showing new...
  6. Wireless mouse erratic behaviour after the latest update.

Wireless mouse erratic behaviour after the latest update.: My wireless mouse is jumping the lines and goes back from its position and skips lines on its own.This is something new that I am experiencing after the latest window update on my new Dell laptop with windows 10 in built....
  7. Erratic mouse

Erratic mouse: I installed Windows 10 on day one or two of the upgrade and have been using it since on my Toshiba 64 bit laptop. It was an upgrade from 8.1. A note that this laptop is a touch screen that I cracked, disabling the touch function a year or so ago. No problems on Windows 8....
  8. Jerky Mouse

Jerky Mouse: I have windows 10 Pro 64 bit installed and since the installation my Logitech wireless mouse is now stuttering all the time. I purchased the latest MS wireless mouse, and it to is doing the same, I can't play games let alone click on anything to start. Sometimes it works ok,...
  9. Delete key erratic behaviour

in Windows 10 Support
    Delete key erratic behaviour: I am embarrassed to bring this up because win 10 is such an incredible and smooth experience with all the cortona stuff and your applications getting blocked by windows for your protection. I was on a night shift all alone and i was sort of half conscious installing my apps...
  10. Erratic standby behaviour in spite of settings...

in Windows 10 Support
    Erratic standby behaviour in spite of settings...: I have set my computer to go into standby after 30 minutes of inactivity (battery) or 45 minutes (power), but it is going into standby after 2 or 3 minutes. The screensaver is set to start after 30 minutes. I think I've double-checked every possibile option. I recently had...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. win 10 logitech mouse problems jurky

2. windows 10 jerky mouse

3. wireless mouse jerky windows 10

4. windows 10 mouse jerking,
  5. windows 10 mouse erratic and jerky,
  6. jerky wireless mouse movement