Windows 10: Erratic keyboard and mouse response

Discus and support Erratic keyboard and mouse response in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a new Chillblast PC - about a month old. Checks show no specific problems, bu in the last week or so the keyboard is erratic in its response.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Sigurd, Jul 12, 2019.

1. Sigurd Win User

Erratic keyboard and mouse response

I have a new Chillblast PC - about a month old. Checks show no specific problems, bu in the last week or so the keyboard is erratic in its response. Perform /report shows all OK apart for a Bluetooth problem. Sometimes it works without problems; other times it freezes for a couple of seconds and then catches up with my typing. Mouse similarly is erratic - sometimes movement is jerky.
    Both K'bd and mouse are a few years old and are wireless (MS Comfort 5000). However trying with the dongle in different USB ports makes no difference. I have uninstalled, downloaded latest and re-installed drivers and software for them. No help. Perform run again showed Bluetooth issue but I have also tried an old wired KB'd and that too exhibited the problem.

I suspect the problem is probably a software one but it would be useful before tackling Chillblast to know if there is a hardware issue.

Any recommendations for an app that can carry out relevant hardware checks? I know there are several around. Any other suggestions re possible causes welcome!

:)

Sigurd, Jul 12, 2019

2. keyboard and mouse not working

Hi Chrystal,

For us to properly isolate the issue with your keyboard and mouse, we would like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue (e.g., updates, software installation)?
    • Are you using a wired or wireless keyboard and mouse?
    • Have you tried using a different keyboard and mouse? If yes, how was it?
    • Have you tried using your keyboard and mouse to another computer? If yes, what is the result?
    • To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

As an initial troubleshooting, we suggest that you try updating your keyboard and mouse drivers to resolve the issue. You may also check and follow the troubleshooting steps in this
    article.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Jul 12, 2019
  3. Issues with the On screen keyboard and mouse pointer.

I am running Windows 10 on my desktop. Soon after I boot up my computer, the virtual keyboard and mouse begins to
    randomly pop-up. At the same time, my wireless mouse (Logitech product) begins to
    behave erratically (cursor rapidly blinking on and off and not responsive to mouse movements)! Suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Robert McKethan

Orginal title:Windows 10 keyboard and Calendar

RobertMcKethan, Jul 12, 2019
  4. Erratic keyboard and mouse response

Erratic Mouse

Greg

Thanks for your response.

Now that I have submitted a question the circles are gone and the mouse appears to be working properly. At least for the time being.

To answer some of your questions:

When did it last work correctly? About three weeks ago started to act erratic just as I describled but with one circle.

I replaced the battery in the mouse and tried it in a different usb with no change.

I tried a different wireless mouse yesterday and the problem was still present.

I have uninstalled the mouse driver and reinstalled from Microsoft web page.

I currently traveling and will work with the rest of your suggestions if the problem comes back.

Thanks for responding.

r/

Richard Stocker, Jul 12, 2019
Thema:

Erratic keyboard and mouse response

1. Erratic keyboard and mouse response - Similar Threads - Erratic keyboard mouse

2. Erratic Behavior from Mouse and Keyboard

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Erratic Behavior from Mouse and Keyboard: Ever since upgrading all of my PC hardware, my mouse and keyboard start becoming completely erratic, but at random times. For example, whenever their issues start to occur, the same things will happen: Middle mouse button zooms instead of scrolls, keyboard won't allow typing...
  3. Erratic Behavior from Mouse and Keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Erratic Behavior from Mouse and Keyboard: Ever since upgrading all of my PC hardware, my mouse and keyboard start becoming completely erratic, but at random times. For example, whenever their issues start to occur, the same things will happen: Middle mouse button zooms instead of scrolls, keyboard won't allow typing...
  4. Erratic Behavior from Mouse and Keyboard

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Delayed keyboard and mouse response

Delayed keyboard and mouse response: I have an Acer Aspire V5 that was donated to me from a friend, The laptop came with Windows 8, but has been updated to windows 10. Since it has been in my possession it has had a 3-4sometimes up to 10 second delay when using keyboard or mouse. I have used troubleshoot for...
  6. Keyboard lag/unresponsive, mouse is erratic

Keyboard lag/unresponsive, mouse is erratic: Microsoft Surface Pro 3 Microsoft comfort keyboard and mouse 5050 Sabrent ds-rica universal docking station most current driver Acer connected to dock via vga to dvi converterand benqconnected to dock with hdmimonitors. Graphics driver no better drivers available...
  7. Erratic mouse

Erratic mouse: Mouse is usb wired. Updates are on and since March 2020 my mouse starts jumping and clicking all over the screen, I have disabled the touch screen, the touch pad, but problem remains, weirdly,.... If I touch the screen with my other hand while mousing I am able to control...
  8. Mouse and Keyboard response / lag

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mouse and Keyboard response / lag: So i've been struggling with this problem for around 1 week+. It all started one day when i started my csgo and from the begining i feel like my mouse response is not so good, like i am aiming, but the mouse could not respond so well to me like it should be. Also the keyboard...
  9. Mouse and Keyboard response / lag

Mouse and Keyboard response / lag: So i've been struggling with this problem for around 1 week+. It all started one day when i started my csgo and from the begining i feel like my mouse response is not so good, like i am aiming, but the mouse could not respond so well to me like it should be. Also the keyboard...
  10. Mouse or keyboard acting erratically

Mouse or keyboard acting erratically: I am using the latest version of Windows 10. My computer, keyboard and mouse had been acting fine up until the last few days. Nothing that I know of in my environment has changed. When I go to type anything, specifically while on the internet, the cursor just sits there...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Keyboard and mouse erratic

2. erratic keyboard responses to keystrokes?