Windows 10: Erratic Mouse and disabled part time keyboard use

Discus and support Erratic Mouse and disabled part time keyboard use in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; [img] I upgraded my windows 7 to this version of windows 10 today. my keyboard sometimes just does not want to work and my mouse randomly does not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DonMurray, Jul 16, 2019.

1. DonMurray Win User

Erratic Mouse and disabled part time keyboard use

Erratic Mouse and disabled part time keyboard use [​IMG]

I upgraded my windows 7 to this version of windows 10 today. my keyboard sometimes just does not want to work and my mouse randomly does not move reliably.
    Any ideas how to fix this ? Start over with A differnt install CD or version ? I find many outdated fixes in my search.
    Thank you

Skylake Specification Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700K CPU @ 4.00GHz
    GA-Z17OX- ultra Gaming
    Northbridge Intel Skylake rev. 07Southbridge Intel Z170 rev. 31Graphic Interface PCI-Express
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 Ti

and I have this :
    DONS980T-PC.txt

:)

DonMurray, Jul 16, 2019
  2. Sigurd Win User

Erratic keyboard and mouse response

I have a new Chillblast PC - about a month old. Checks show no specific problems, bu in the last week or so the keyboard is erratic in its response. Perform /report shows all OK apart for a Bluetooth problem. Sometimes it works without problems; other times it freezes for a couple of seconds and then catches up with my typing. Mouse similarly is erratic - sometimes movement is jerky.
    Both K'bd and mouse are a few years old and are wireless (MS Comfort 5000). However trying with the dongle in different USB ports makes no difference. I have uninstalled, downloaded latest and re-installed drivers and software for them. No help. Perform run again showed Bluetooth issue but I have also tried an old wired KB'd and that too exhibited the problem.

I suspect the problem is probably a software one but it would be useful before tackling Chillblast to know if there is a hardware issue.

Any recommendations for an app that can carry out relevant hardware checks? I know there are several around. Any other suggestions re possible causes welcome!

Sigurd, Jul 16, 2019
  3. disabled mouse and keyboard

Hello Peter,

An outdated or incompatible mouse driver can be one of the factors why this issue occurs. To assist you with your concern, we recommend that you follow these steps to check if the device is recognized correctly in Device Manager. To do this, follow the steps
    below:

• In the Search box, type Device Manager and press
      Enter.
    • Navigate to Mice and other pointing devices.
    • A yellow exclamation means that the mouse driver is not installed properly. You can right-click and select
      Uninstall.
    • Right-click on Mice and other pointing devices and select
      Scan for hardware change.
    • If the yellow exclamation mark still exists, go to their support site to search your product name and find the corresponding mouse driver to install and update.
    • You may re-do the steps 1 to 5 to check for the keyboard.

Note: If there are no pointing devices and keyboard, it indicates that there is no mouse and keyboard configured or it is a mouse and keyboard hardware failure. We suggest that you contact your system manufacturer to report
    the status of those devices to identify if these are hardware related issue.

Feel free to post back for an update with the outcome and let us know if you need more help.

Zedrick Del, Jul 16, 2019
  4. Erratic Mouse and disabled part time keyboard use

Razer Taipan mouse pointer moving erratically after Windows 10 update

I'm using the Razer Taipan mouse. The mouse pointer has been moving erratically since the last Windows 10 update a few days.

Yesterday I called Razer support. They had me uninstall the software and also delete the mouse from the list of hardware in the control panel. Then I restarted my computer and reinstalled the software. That worked for all of yesterday. This morning the mouse
    pointer is moving erratically again.

I've followed the procedure from yesterday of uninstalling the software, removing the mouse from the list of hardware in the control panel, restarting the computer and reinstalling the software. This time it has not solved the problem.

Any suggestions?

LloydLeighton, Jul 16, 2019
Thema:

Erratic Mouse and disabled part time keyboard use

1. Erratic Mouse and disabled part time keyboard use - Similar Threads - Erratic Mouse disabled

2. Erratic Behavior from Mouse and Keyboard

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Erratic Behavior from Mouse and Keyboard: Ever since upgrading all of my PC hardware, my mouse and keyboard start becoming completely erratic, but at random times. For example, whenever their issues start to occur, the same things will happen: Middle mouse button zooms instead of scrolls, keyboard won't allow typing...
  3. Erratic Behavior from Mouse and Keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Erratic Behavior from Mouse and Keyboard: Ever since upgrading all of my PC hardware, my mouse and keyboard start becoming completely erratic, but at random times. For example, whenever their issues start to occur, the same things will happen: Middle mouse button zooms instead of scrolls, keyboard won't allow typing...
  4. Erratic Behavior from Mouse and Keyboard

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Keyboard lag/unresponsive, mouse is erratic

Keyboard lag/unresponsive, mouse is erratic: Microsoft Surface Pro 3 Microsoft comfort keyboard and mouse 5050 Sabrent ds-rica universal docking station most current driver Acer connected to dock via vga to dvi converterand benqconnected to dock with hdmimonitors. Graphics driver no better drivers available...
  6. Erratic Mouse

in Windows 10 Customization
    Erratic Mouse: My mouse is very erratic. How can I get control of it? Bob https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/erratic-mouse/c4363f64-4279-4012-bb61-7ef87ea54845
  7. Erratic mouse

Erratic mouse: Mouse is usb wired. Updates are on and since March 2020 my mouse starts jumping and clicking all over the screen, I have disabled the touch screen, the touch pad, but problem remains, weirdly,.... If I touch the screen with my other hand while mousing I am able to control...
  8. Mouse or keyboard acting erratically

Mouse or keyboard acting erratically: I am using the latest version of Windows 10. My computer, keyboard and mouse had been acting fine up until the last few days. Nothing that I know of in my environment has changed. When I go to type anything, specifically while on the internet, the cursor just sits there...
  9. Erratic keyboard and mouse response

Erratic keyboard and mouse response: I have a new Chillblast PC - about a month old. Checks show no specific problems, bu in the last week or so the keyboard is erratic in its response. Perform /report shows all OK apart for a Bluetooth problem. Sometimes it works without problems; other times it freezes for a...
  10. Erratic mouse

Erratic mouse: I installed Windows 10 on day one or two of the upgrade and have been using it since on my Toshiba 64 bit laptop. It was an upgrade from 8.1. A note that this laptop is a touch screen that I cracked, disabling the touch function a year or so ago. No problems on Windows 8....