Windows 10: Erratic pinned E drive folder search

Discus and support Erratic pinned E drive folder search in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have pinned a link to a 'My Documents' folder on my E drive under Quick Access (file explorer). It's a WD 1TB SATA 3.5" that I use to store all my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by DogT, Mar 22, 2020.

1. DogT Win User

Erratic pinned E drive folder search

I have pinned a link to a 'My Documents' folder on my E drive under Quick Access (file explorer). It's a WD 1TB SATA 3.5" that I use to store all my data/pics/etc. I took this disk out of my old W7 computer and it did the same thing there. What is happening is when I click on the "My Documents' pinned folder, it takes me to the E drive and that folder, and the sub directories are not open. So I click on the arrow and it opens all the sub directories. I start scrolling down through the folder to find what I want and all of a sudden, it jumps back to 'My Documents'. The sub directories are still open, but I'm always having to scroll twice to get to where I want to go.

Why is it doing this? Same thing it did in W7 with their 'libraries' link, now it's just called Quick Access in w10, but appears to be the same thing, a sort of virtual link.

I'd like it to stop this double scrolling thing, real pain. Also is there any way for that 'My Doucments' folder to open with the sub directories showing all the time?

I was thinking about getting a new Samsung 500GB or 1TB SSD to replace that WD HDD. I'm always hearing that WD HDD spool up, but I have it set to sleep after 20min. Would the SSD be better?

W10 V1909 OS drive is a SSD Toshiba 250GB KBG30ZMV256G, HDD is WD10EZEX-00ZF5A0, 32GB Samsung RAM in an HP Pavillion 690-0073w semi-tower.

:)

2. enso Win User

Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

3. Hitesh12 Win User
    Cannot search in a specific folder [Windows 10]

THANKS A LOT !!

This worked like a charm. Now search is working perfectly

Thanks a lot Ruth, really appreciate your help

Hitesh12, Mar 22, 2020
  4. Erratic pinned E drive folder search

SEARCH DOES NOT WORK IN A PARTICULAR FOLDER IN WINDOWS 10

Sir

This said folder is in dropbox folder in f drive.. I tried the steps suggested by you but it does not workl. other folder in dropbox are showing proper search.

ASHWANI KUMAR JALEWA, Mar 22, 2020
Thema:

Erratic pinned E drive folder search

1. Erratic pinned E drive folder search - Similar Threads - Erratic pinned drive

2. should I relocate users folders to drive E: or create folders

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    should I relocate users folders to drive E: or create folders: Thanks to all your help, I’ve managed to clean install win 10 and rebuild all my win 7 programs on three PCs. My last task is to decide whether to mimic the win 7 setup on my big video editing machine. In its win 7 incarnation, the \users\ and \users\public folders were on...
  3. E: DRIVE

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    E: DRIVE: How do I format a cdrw? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/e-drive/11a4e87a-6172-4d8d-84f2-beb073893307
  4. E mail folders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    E mail folders: Cam I set up an account in Mail that will automatically sync folders and their contents from that account ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-outlook_mail/e-mail-folders/4796ba08-5d2d-4bb2-abf4-4b43d02666d7
  5. local drive E

local drive E: my e drive claims to be out of space yet has no folders to show & therefore no possibility to delete, so how can i free up space on local drive E so that the massage of low disc space shouldn't pop up every 2 min....
  6. E drive is full

E drive is full: Microsoft, why don't you fix this problem. You do everything else remotely. Please fix the problem that concerns "my E drive is full" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/e-drive-is-full/7efe3f7a-b04b-4c36-890f-9d21ca1f9a59
  7. drive e:

drive e:: my drive E: says drive almost full but when i open it there is nothing inside its empty please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/drive-e/c5deff65-dc0e-4550-a695-6a93ba094995
  8. E drive not working

E drive not working: My E drive will not read CDs or allow me to burn to any new ones. Where do I go to check and see what the settings are, and what should that be set at? 102081
  9. Opening E drive

Opening E drive: When I put a CD or DVD I want to look at in the E drive, I'm not seeing any way to open it. What do I need to look at to do that? Shouldn't there be some sort of icon or notification? 39854
  10. 'Pin to taskbar' Folder and Drive in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    'Pin to taskbar' Folder and Drive in Windows 10: How to: 'Pin to taskbar' Folder and Drive in Windows 10 How to 'Pin to taskbar' Folder and Drive in Windows 10 [img] Information When you drag a folder or drive on the taskbar, they get a "Pin to File Explorer" in the jump list option by default. While you could...