Windows 10: Erratic pinned E drive folder search

Discus and support Erratic pinned E drive folder search in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have pinned a link to a 'My Documents' folder on my E drive under Quick Access (file explorer). It's a WD 1TB SATA 3.5" that I use to store all my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by DogT, Mar 22, 2020.

1. DogT Win User

Erratic pinned E drive folder search

I have pinned a link to a 'My Documents' folder on my E drive under Quick Access (file explorer). It's a WD 1TB SATA 3.5" that I use to store all my data/pics/etc. I took this disk out of my old W7 computer and it did the same thing there. What is happening is when I click on the "My Documents' pinned folder, it takes me to the E drive and that folder, and the sub directories are not open. So I click on the arrow and it opens all the sub directories. I start scrolling down through the folder to find what I want and all of a sudden, it jumps back to 'My Documents'. The sub directories are still open, but I'm always having to scroll twice to get to where I want to go.

Why is it doing this? Same thing it did in W7 with their 'libraries' link, now it's just called Quick Access in w10, but appears to be the same thing, a sort of virtual link.

I'd like it to stop this double scrolling thing, real pain. Also is there any way for that 'My Doucments' folder to open with the sub directories showing all the time?

I was thinking about getting a new Samsung 500GB or 1TB SSD to replace that WD HDD. I'm always hearing that WD HDD spool up, but I have it set to sleep after 20min. Would the SSD be better?

W10 V1909 OS drive is a SSD Toshiba 250GB KBG30ZMV256G, HDD is WD10EZEX-00ZF5A0, 32GB Samsung RAM in an HP Pavillion 690-0073w semi-tower.

:)

2. enso Win User

Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

3. Hitesh12 Win User
    Cannot search in a specific folder [Windows 10]

THANKS A LOT !!

This worked like a charm. Now search is working perfectly

Thanks a lot Ruth, really appreciate your help

Hitesh12, Mar 22, 2020
  4. Erratic pinned E drive folder search

SEARCH DOES NOT WORK IN A PARTICULAR FOLDER IN WINDOWS 10

Sir

This said folder is in dropbox folder in f drive.. I tried the steps suggested by you but it does not workl. other folder in dropbox are showing proper search.

ASHWANI KUMAR JALEWA, Mar 22, 2020
Thema:

Erratic pinned E drive folder search

1. Erratic pinned E drive folder search - Similar Threads - Erratic pinned drive

2. e-drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    e-drive: I purchased a new computer and my e-drive is not showing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/e-drive/743d3371-9e8a-44a4-9cea-dc2b445985bc
  3. E drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    E drive: my cd rom/dvd wont read https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/e-drive/ea2eec48-a0c0-4201-a5a5-21508f72786c
  4. Windows C drive and E drive folder generated Automatically

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows C drive and E drive folder generated Automatically: Assalamu Alaikum.I am a windows 10 home user. I recently found that 3 folder automatically was generated in E drive associated with windows. At the very first when i bought it they were not there.The files are Wpsystem and windows appsAgain in C drive 4-5 folder has been...
  5. a windowsapp folder in E drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    a windowsapp folder in E drive: so there is a windows apps follder in my e drive i have taken full control of it and and found 2 folders one named "deleted" and other is "Mutablebackup" and both are empty folders.. Shall i delete it? is it safe to delete? i am scared that if i delete it it will corrupt...
  6. e drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    e drive: My e drive icon has a ? over it. How can I access this drive? I think it may be causing the DVDs not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/e-drive/7e53e266-d19a-4ce4-8689-c8956c5f8eb7
  7. Shortcut for folder on E drive to desktop on C drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Shortcut for folder on E drive to desktop on C drive: Hi guys, This is a little complicated I think. My C Driver is a 250GB SSD while my E Drive is a 500GB HDD. If I transfer folder from C onto E can I then create a shortcut for that folder to appear on C's desktop I am using the SSD for Windows 10 Professional while the HDD...
  8. Search Best Match Erratic Behaviour

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Search Best Match Erratic Behaviour: Posted on Microsoft Community, but all I got was "update your system", "run the troubleshooter", and "run sfc". Here's my problem: Windows Search behaves differently every time I use it and it drives me insane. I open my applications via Windows Search, and sometimes it...
  9. Windows Search Best Match Erratic Behaviour

in Cortana
    Windows Search Best Match Erratic Behaviour: Windows Search behaves differently every time I use it and it drives me insane. I open my applications via Windows Search, and sometimes it gets the job done and sometimes it does not. One example of problem: https://streamable.com/c5tlkq I turn on my laptop, press Win,...
  10. drive e:

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    drive e:: my drive E: says drive almost full but when i open it there is nothing inside its empty please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/drive-e/c5deff65-dc0e-4550-a695-6a93ba094995