Windows 10: erratic pointer

Discus and support erratic pointer in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; pointer going all over the place without me touching pad... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by keithwardNP, Nov 21, 2018.

1. erratic pointer

pointer going all over the place without me touching pad

:)

keithwardNP, Nov 21, 2018

2. Razer Taipan mouse pointer moving erratically after Windows 10 update

I'm using the Razer Taipan mouse. The mouse pointer has been moving erratically since the last Windows 10 update a few days.

Yesterday I called Razer support. They had me uninstall the software and also delete the mouse from the list of hardware in the control panel. Then I restarted my computer and reinstalled the software. That worked for all of yesterday. This morning the mouse
    pointer is moving erratically again.

I've followed the procedure from yesterday of uninstalling the software, removing the mouse from the list of hardware in the control panel, restarting the computer and reinstalling the software. This time it has not solved the problem.

Any suggestions?

LloydLeighton, Nov 21, 2018
  3. Erratic pointer movement

Hello All

I have a miserable problem with the touchpad pointer on my new Dell XPS 15.

When the pointer is in the BIOS screen it works perfectly (initially it was erratic there as well before the track pad was changed) as it does when ever within a programme window. However when the pointer is on the desk-top or lock screen it has a mind
    of its own.

The pointer has a delay then moves either fast or slow over the track traced on the pad or occasionally wherever it wishes.

A USB mouse works perfectly in all screens.

Dell have been excellent initially changing the trackpad unit and today, the battery (in case it was pressing on the underside of the track pad) and the motherboard. But all to no avail. I am to expect a call-back after the Christmas break!

Any help would be much appreciated.

A Merry Christmas to everyone and a Happy and Peaceful New Year to all.

Peter Armstrong

PeterJArmstrong, Nov 21, 2018
  4. sonofdodo Win User

erratic pointer

Erratic Pointer movement

My pointer moves erratically. When editing folder names the letters being typed just cancel out and restore to default, consequently, I have had to edit one or two words at a time store and start again from the last word edited. This happens in
    renaming folder titles only. There is no problem with Word documents.

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

sonofdodo, Nov 21, 2018
Thema:

erratic pointer

1. erratic pointer - Similar Threads - erratic pointer

2. Windows machine experiencing sudden shutdowns/black screens and erratic behaviour :...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows machine experiencing sudden shutdowns/black screens and erratic behaviour :...: 0x800f0805 Windows update errorAfter we collected the logs from the Windows machines, like UC Engine/NUCs, we discovered the same error on seven different sites, which is causing weird behavior on these machines and causing user inconvenience,and questioning the reliability...
  3. Windows machine experiencing sudden shutdowns/black screens and erratic behaviour :...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows machine experiencing sudden shutdowns/black screens and erratic behaviour :...: 0x800f0805 Windows update errorAfter we collected the logs from the Windows machines, like UC Engine/NUCs, we discovered the same error on seven different sites, which is causing weird behavior on these machines and causing user inconvenience,and questioning the reliability...
  4. Mouse pointer erratically changing from arrow pointer, to open hand, and hand with pointer...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse pointer erratically changing from arrow pointer, to open hand, and hand with pointer...: I’m on windows 10, and ONLY on the Edge browser does this happen. When my mouse is still, the cursor is an open hand . When my cursor goes over any text, a link, or any button, it starts erratically and very quickly changing through all of these mouse pointers. It is so...
  5. Mouse pointer erratically changing from arrow pointer, to open hand, and hand with pointer...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse pointer erratically changing from arrow pointer, to open hand, and hand with pointer...: I’m on windows 10, and ONLY on the Edge browser does this happen. When my mouse is still, the cursor is an open hand . When my cursor goes over any text, a link, or any button, it starts erratically and very quickly changing through all of these mouse pointers. It is so...
  6. Mouse pointer erratically changing from arrow pointer, to open hand, and hand with pointer...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Why does my mouse pointer move erratically?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my mouse pointer move erratically?: So every now and then, my mouse pointer has the zoomies and starts moving around erratically all over the screen. And the issue isn't from my wireless mouse because it still happens when I disconnect it, it's actually from my touchpad.And it's awful because I can't work with...
  8. Why does my mouse pointer move erratically?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does my mouse pointer move erratically?: So every now and then, my mouse pointer has the zoomies and starts moving around erratically all over the screen. And the issue isn't from my wireless mouse because it still happens when I disconnect it, it's actually from my touchpad.And it's awful because I can't work with...
  9. Mouse pointer moving erratically

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse pointer moving erratically: Hello: I have just installed Microsoft Precision mouse in a cleanly installed Windows 10, v 1909 with the help of a member of this forum (hsehestedt, thanks again). However, I now have a problem that I did not have in v 1803, namely, the pointer is stopping, then jumping...
  10. Razer Taipan mouse pointer moving erratically after Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Razer Taipan mouse pointer moving erratically after Windows 10 update: I'm using the Razer Taipan mouse. The mouse pointer has been moving erratically since the last Windows 10 update a few days. Yesterday I called Razer support. They had me uninstall the software and also delete the mouse from the list of hardware in the control panel. Then I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows updates make mouse erratic?