Windows 10: Erroneous message

Discus and support Erroneous message in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Message says the scanner is not connected or someone else is using it...which is not the case. I have checked all connections.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by CarlottaLaNier, Apr 3, 2019.

1. Erroneous message

Message says the scanner is not connected or someone else is using it...which is not the case. I have checked all connections.

:)

CarlottaLaNier, Apr 3, 2019

2. Erroneous symbols at the bottom left corner of desktop icons

I'm running Windows 10 with the latest updates. A few days ago, the icons for objects on the desktop changed appearance. The icons are correct but
    all have a symbol at the bottom left corner:

• Shortcuts show the correct shortcut symbol
    • All files erroneously show a shortcut symbol
    • Almost all folders erroneously show a shortcut symbol
    • Some folders erroneously show "X"

The icons for files and folders (including the Desktop folder) displayed using File Explorer are all normal.

I would appreciate any suggestions.

KenSympson, Apr 3, 2019
  3. Mussels Win User
    the witcher demo

^ what they said will both work. i suggest updating directX, and in the future please try and list the exact error message... and i want a muffin.

Mussels, Apr 3, 2019
  4. bogmali Win User

Erroneous message

Private Message Notifications

Not a bad feature suggestion as it saves you time getting to the gist of the message. EVGA, Anandtech, and OCN has the feature on their site.

bogmali, Apr 3, 2019
Thema:

Erroneous message

1. Erroneous message - Similar Threads - Erroneous message

2. Cannot erase an erroneous logon persona at boot

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Cannot erase an erroneous logon persona at boot: Have tried all suggestions in MS forums for Win 10. Tried posting in the correct forum, but was locked. I cannot remove a erroneous logon logo presented at logon. I can't find it to erase it. I've tried all suggestions from MS community plus other google searches. None work....
  3. Registry entries deleted By erroneously

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Registry entries deleted By erroneously: I deleted Yellow and red Color Entries in autorun sysinternals Now in my laptop wifi Bluetooth keyboard touched HDD not working, device manager shows error code 32, events shows that device deleted. Please Help...
  4. Registry entries deleted By erroneously

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Registry entries deleted By erroneously: I deleted Yellow and red Color Entries in autorun sysinternals Now in my laptop wifi Bluetooth keyboard touched HDD not working, device manager shows error code 32, events shows that device deleted. Please Help...
  5. File explorer's Quick Access sidebar erroneous display of "Pinned" icon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File explorer's Quick Access sidebar erroneous display of "Pinned" icon: My Windows 11 is automatically showing the push pin icon for every folder listed in the Quick Access sidebar and every newly created folder is added to the list does not require multiple visits before being added to the list. Upon looking closer...when right-clicking on a...
  6. File explorer's Quick Access sidebar erroneous display of "Pinned" icon

File explorer's Quick Access sidebar erroneous display of "Pinned" icon: My Windows 11 is automatically showing the push pin icon for every folder listed in the Quick Access sidebar and every newly created folder is added to the list does not require multiple visits before being added to the list. Upon looking closer...when right-clicking on a...
  7. keyboard erroneous

keyboard erroneous: My laptop keyboard seems to be not working. What can I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-erroneous/2efea7c4-8738-4333-b17e-d02e6d9fe5df
  8. keyboard erroneous

in Windows 10 Customization
    keyboard erroneous: My laptop keyboard seems to be not working. What can I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-erroneous/2efea7c4-8738-4333-b17e-d02e6d9fe5df
  9. Settings - erroneous message

in Windows 10 Customization
    Settings - erroneous message: I run Windows 10 Pro. The Windows Update screen in Settings displays a senseless message "*Some settings are managed by your organisation". However, I am not part of any organisation as it is my home laptop and has never been part of any organisation. Why does it display this...
  10. Windows 10 Pro erroneous restart to update message blocks other updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Pro erroneous restart to update message blocks other updates: Windows 10 Insider Preview 19041.1 vb_release restart to update message appears continuously despite many repeated restarts and update and shutdown actions. So far MS advisors have not provided a solution. The MS Windows update assistant doesn't solve the problem because it...