Windows 10: erroneous notifications

Discus and support erroneous notifications in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I keep getting erroneous alerts about needing to update my security and version of windows. When i check for updates, everything shows green... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AMYKING5, Aug 1, 2020.

1. AMYKING5 Win User

erroneous notifications

I keep getting erroneous alerts about needing to update my security and version of windows. When i check for updates, everything shows green checkmarks, but the banners keep coming up on my load screen

:)

AMYKING5, Aug 1, 2020

2. (SOLVED/CLOSED)looking for help with Android phone CONSTANT wireless signal notification

Yeah, thats not a solution she is interested in......I've suggested that course of action. Thanks though.

Just to clarify, I feel that there MUST be a step, or series of steps to turn off JUST the wireless notification sound. Thats what Im driving @ here.

jboydgolfer, Aug 1, 2020
  3. Erroneous symbols at the bottom left corner of desktop icons

I'm running Windows 10 with the latest updates. A few days ago, the icons for objects on the desktop changed appearance. The icons are correct but
    all have a symbol at the bottom left corner:

• Shortcuts show the correct shortcut symbol
    • All files erroneously show a shortcut symbol
    • Almost all folders erroneously show a shortcut symbol
    • Some folders erroneously show "X"

The icons for files and folders (including the Desktop folder) displayed using File Explorer are all normal.

I would appreciate any suggestions.

KenSympson, Aug 1, 2020
  4. erroneous notifications

Microsoft News Notifications

Follow these steps to check if it works:

Step 1: Open the Windows Settings menu by pressing the Windows Key and “I,” or alternatively search for Settings in the Windows search bar and click the corresponding result.

Step 2: Click Notifications & Actions in the left-hand menu. This will take you to a screen providing access to all of the settings related to notifications and the Action Center.

Step 3: Click the System icon, then select Notifications and actions from the left-hand menu.

Step 4: Look for the Notifications subheading, where you will see a number of toggles for various types of notifications. The following is a list of the settings you can toggle on this screen:

• Get notifications from apps and other senders
    • Show notifications on the lock screen
    • Show alarms, reminders, and incoming VoIP calls on the lock screen
    • Hide notifications when duplicating my screen
    • Get tips, tricks, and suggestions as you use Windows
    You may just turn them off the notification as you need.

PeterPeng3, Aug 1, 2020
Thema:

erroneous notifications

1. erroneous notifications - Similar Threads - erroneous notifications

2. Cannot erase an erroneous logon persona at boot

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Cannot erase an erroneous logon persona at boot: Have tried all suggestions in MS forums for Win 10. Tried posting in the correct forum, but was locked. I cannot remove a erroneous logon logo presented at logon. I can't find it to erase it. I've tried all suggestions from MS community plus other google searches. None work....
  3. Registry entries deleted By erroneously

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Registry entries deleted By erroneously: I deleted Yellow and red Color Entries in autorun sysinternals Now in my laptop wifi Bluetooth keyboard touched HDD not working, device manager shows error code 32, events shows that device deleted. Please Help...
  4. Registry entries deleted By erroneously

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Registry entries deleted By erroneously: I deleted Yellow and red Color Entries in autorun sysinternals Now in my laptop wifi Bluetooth keyboard touched HDD not working, device manager shows error code 32, events shows that device deleted. Please Help...
  5. File explorer's Quick Access sidebar erroneous display of "Pinned" icon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File explorer's Quick Access sidebar erroneous display of "Pinned" icon: My Windows 11 is automatically showing the push pin icon for every folder listed in the Quick Access sidebar and every newly created folder is added to the list does not require multiple visits before being added to the list. Upon looking closer...when right-clicking on a...
  6. File explorer's Quick Access sidebar erroneous display of "Pinned" icon

File explorer's Quick Access sidebar erroneous display of "Pinned" icon: My Windows 11 is automatically showing the push pin icon for every folder listed in the Quick Access sidebar and every newly created folder is added to the list does not require multiple visits before being added to the list. Upon looking closer...when right-clicking on a...
  7. keyboard erroneous

in Windows 10 Gaming
    keyboard erroneous: My laptop keyboard seems to be not working. What can I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-erroneous/2efea7c4-8738-4333-b17e-d02e6d9fe5df
  8. keyboard erroneous

keyboard erroneous: My laptop keyboard seems to be not working. What can I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-erroneous/2efea7c4-8738-4333-b17e-d02e6d9fe5df
  9. keyboard erroneous

in Windows 10 Customization
  10. Win 11 reports erroneous space limitation and refuses to copy

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 11 reports erroneous space limitation and refuses to copy: I have a new Windows 11 computer and I am transferring data from both my old Win 10 machine via network shared folders and physical storage media external disc. USB. Regardless of which source I use, when I attempt to copy a large amount of data like an entire folder, the Win...