Windows 10: erroneous notifications

Discus and support erroneous notifications in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I keep getting erroneous alerts about needing to update my security and version of windows. When i check for updates, everything shows green... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AMYKING5, Aug 1, 2020.

1. AMYKING5 Win User

erroneous notifications

I keep getting erroneous alerts about needing to update my security and version of windows. When i check for updates, everything shows green checkmarks, but the banners keep coming up on my load screen

:)

AMYKING5, Aug 1, 2020

2. (SOLVED/CLOSED)looking for help with Android phone CONSTANT wireless signal notification

Yeah, thats not a solution she is interested in......I've suggested that course of action. Thanks though.

Just to clarify, I feel that there MUST be a step, or series of steps to turn off JUST the wireless notification sound. Thats what Im driving @ here.

jboydgolfer, Aug 1, 2020
  3. Erroneous symbols at the bottom left corner of desktop icons

I'm running Windows 10 with the latest updates. A few days ago, the icons for objects on the desktop changed appearance. The icons are correct but
    all have a symbol at the bottom left corner:

• Shortcuts show the correct shortcut symbol
    • All files erroneously show a shortcut symbol
    • Almost all folders erroneously show a shortcut symbol
    • Some folders erroneously show "X"

The icons for files and folders (including the Desktop folder) displayed using File Explorer are all normal.

I would appreciate any suggestions.

KenSympson, Aug 1, 2020
  4. erroneous notifications

Microsoft News Notifications

Follow these steps to check if it works:

Step 1: Open the Windows Settings menu by pressing the Windows Key and “I,” or alternatively search for Settings in the Windows search bar and click the corresponding result.

Step 2: Click Notifications & Actions in the left-hand menu. This will take you to a screen providing access to all of the settings related to notifications and the Action Center.

Step 3: Click the System icon, then select Notifications and actions from the left-hand menu.

Step 4: Look for the Notifications subheading, where you will see a number of toggles for various types of notifications. The following is a list of the settings you can toggle on this screen:

• Get notifications from apps and other senders
    • Show notifications on the lock screen
    • Show alarms, reminders, and incoming VoIP calls on the lock screen
    • Hide notifications when duplicating my screen
    • Get tips, tricks, and suggestions as you use Windows
    You may just turn them off the notification as you need.

PeterPeng3, Aug 1, 2020
Thema:

erroneous notifications

1. erroneous notifications - Similar Threads - erroneous notifications

2. Settings - erroneous message

in Windows 10 Customization
    Settings - erroneous message: I run Windows 10 Pro. The Windows Update screen in Settings displays a senseless message "*Some settings are managed by your organisation". However, I am not part of any organisation as it is my home laptop and has never been part of any organisation. Why does it display this...
  3. Kernel-Power Event 41 63 Caused by Erroneous Windows CPU Critical and Hot Temperatures

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Kernel-Power Event 41 63 Caused by Erroneous Windows CPU Critical and Hot Temperatures: I finished my build last night https://pcpartpicker.com/list/R93zrV + 3 noctua case fans that I didn't put on the list, installed AMD and Gigabyte drivers. It was running fine under light gaming load Destiny 2 at 1440p with CPU and GPU just under 65C, well within safe ranges....
  4. Erroneous virtual desktops

in Windows 10 Customization
    Erroneous virtual desktops: I use virtual desktops often and for several months I've noticed a problem when switching from on to the other using the keyboard shortcuts. Often I switch from the #1 desktop to the #2 desktop and the first desktop slides over and corrupts the change by appearing there also....
  5. WIndows Update stalled on erroneous update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    WIndows Update stalled on erroneous update: This is what I get when I run Windows update: [img] The problem is, I do not have Office XP installed on my system (Win10/64 current version) and never have had it installed. My concern is this problem will prevent me from getting any future updates. I can find no traces...
  6. Windows 10 Pro erroneous restart to update message blocks other updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Pro erroneous restart to update message blocks other updates: Windows 10 Insider Preview 19041.1 vb_release restart to update message appears continuously despite many repeated restarts and update and shutdown actions. So far MS advisors have not provided a solution. The MS Windows update assistant doesn't solve the problem because it...
  7. Erroneous wallpapers synced - how to stop *only* wallpapers from syncing?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Erroneous wallpapers synced - how to stop *only* wallpapers from syncing?: Whilst I generally appreciate the syncing of settings between my various Windows 10 devices it has occured more than once that Windows synced the wrong wallpaper to my other devices. Sometimes, I misclick and set a picture as my wallpaper instead of editing it through the...
  8. Erroneously merged folders in Win 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Erroneously merged folders in Win 10: I erroneously moved a mobile device folder G:\ into another drive location (F:) and now they have merged into G:\ (F:). Then somehow it copied itself so now I have 2 versions of the same merger. How may I separate these folders again? In WMP 12, I now have 2 G:\ folders...
  9. Network status erroneously says not connected

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network status erroneously says not connected: [ATTACH] Here's the problem: Network status says not connected even if I really am. I can connect to the internet through Chrome and Internet Explorer, google drive is able to sync, and OneDrive is also connected but I can't connect to Office Online through any of the Office...
  10. Erroneous message

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Erroneous message: Message says the scanner is not connected or someone else is using it...which is not the case. I have checked all connections. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/erroneous-message/16889afa-e61e-43f1-bd12-56ebd676d4fc