Windows 10: Erroneous wallpapers synced - how to stop *only* wallpapers from syncing?

Discus and support Erroneous wallpapers synced - how to stop *only* wallpapers from syncing? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Whilst I generally appreciate the syncing of settings between my various Windows 10 devices it has occured more than once that Windows synced the wrong... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Firun82, Jan 2, 2020.

1. Erroneous wallpapers synced - how to stop *only* wallpapers from syncing?

Whilst I generally appreciate the syncing of settings between my various Windows 10 devices it has occured more than once that Windows synced the wrong wallpaper to my other devices. Sometimes, I misclick and set a picture as my wallpaper instead of editing it through the context menu, causing it to be synced and set as active on other devices despite me reverting to my old wallpaper. Windows seems to become confused sometimes, and said wrongly set wallpaper continues to be set to all kinds of devices on my next boot.

Is there some way to disable this functionality? I'd rather not globally disable theme syncing because I quite like synching colors and everything else, but as a hobby photographer I would appreciate not having private pictures set as a wallpaper to my laptop automatically after I edited them on my PC and erroneously setting them.

Is that possible? Shouldn't there be a registry key or something...?

submitted by /u/Firun82
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Firun82, Jan 2, 2020

2. Synced Wallpapers

So I had a work laptop that I created a wallpaper on that I really liked. This wallpaper was synced through out all of the machines that I logged into. I think switched jobs and no longer have access to the original file that I created this wallpaper from.
    Is there a way for me to save the synced wallpaper from the other machines that is is synced to?

EricHardman, Jan 2, 2020
  3. sync / wallpaper change

Hi,

Your current system may have downloaded an update that caused your wallpaper to revert to the previous one.

Regarding your files, they will not automatically sync if you haven't set your account with OneDrive on your computer.

We suggest that you change your wallpaper, then restart your computer. This will help us to further identify if there's an issue with your system.

Regards.

Engelsen Fad, Jan 2, 2020
  4. Erroneous wallpapers synced - how to stop *only* wallpapers from syncing?

sync / wallpaper change

i did new windows yesterday night and everything was fine but when i update something in app store it asked me to sign in with hotmail account i did then once i complete my work i shut down the pc

after 1 hour when i checked my wallpaper was changed it was showing me the one which i used last time in hotmail account

it means it sync my wallpaper from hotmail account ???? does it also sync files ? or only themes or wallpaper

is it true that sync option exist ?

i m worry

MusicMaker_929, Jan 2, 2020
Thema:

Erroneous wallpapers synced - how to stop *only* wallpapers from syncing?

1. Erroneous wallpapers synced - how to stop *only* wallpapers from syncing? - Similar Threads - Erroneous wallpapers synced

2. Retrieving a lost wallpaper from the cloud sync

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Retrieving a lost wallpaper from the cloud sync: I once made a unique wallpaperthen I cloned my OS drive to an SSD because of course I was gonna do thatbut, stuff went wrong, and data got lostbut, Microsoft saved my custom wallpaper on cloud sync, so it's still technically in existence, right?but, alas, I have no clue how...
  3. Retrieving a lost wallpaper from the cloud sync

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Retrieving a lost wallpaper from the cloud sync: I once made a unique wallpaperthen I cloned my OS drive to an SSD because of course I was gonna do thatbut, stuff went wrong, and data got lostbut, Microsoft saved my custom wallpaper on cloud sync, so it's still technically in existence, right?but, alas, I have no clue how...
  4. Wallpaper Synced with Work Machine

in Windows 10 Customization
    Wallpaper Synced with Work Machine: Realized this is quite long winded I like to elaborate extensively when telling stories, Missus hates it lol. Added a tldr at the bottom.Hi guys, So I have a home Gaming PC on Win 10 which is logged in using my Microsoft account.Has been for a while and I haven't had any...
  5. How to disable wallpaper sync?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to disable wallpaper sync?: Hi all, I want to disable the wallpaper sync. Because I want different wallpapers on my copmuter and Laptop. I found on google where to disable it the settings but I can't change anything and I should contact the systemadmin. I am the Admin on both devices. Does someone has...
  6. Background (Wallpaper) not syncing, even though sync function is on

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Background (Wallpaper) not syncing, even though sync function is on: I'm running Windows 10 1903 (OS Build 18362.388 I remember, in the early days of Windows 10 if you had more than one computer with Windows 10 on it when you changed the background on one computer the background on the the other computer would automatically change to that...
  7. Background (Wallpaper) not syncing, even though sync function is on

in Windows 10 Support
    Background (Wallpaper) not syncing, even though sync function is on: I'm running Windows 10 1903 (OS Build 18362.388 I remember, in the early days of Windows 10 if you had more than one computer with Windows 10 on it when you changed the background on one computer the background on the the other computer would automatically change to that...
  8. Sync Desktop and Lock-screen Wallpaper?

Sync Desktop and Lock-screen Wallpaper?: Hello everyone, My problem is that for my laptop's desktop I use the "Background Slideshow" option to cycle through my wallpapers every hour and I would really love it if my lock-screen used the same wallpapers as my desktop in a synchronized way. I have searched...
  9. Wallpaper not syncing across computers

Wallpaper not syncing across computers: Hi, I have a weird problem. I log into my laptop and PC with the same MS account and have sync everything ticked on both computers. So, in theory, the theme should sync between them, correct? Well, I use the folder C:\Users\username\Pictures\Wallpapers to store over 300...
  10. Windows 10 wallpaper sync

Windows 10 wallpaper sync: Something that works some times and doesn't work other times. Two Windows 10 computers on the same workgroup and signed into the same Microsoft account and operating through the same router and sharing the same Internet account. All Windows 10 sync settings are turned on...