Windows 10: Erroneous Windows 11 Upgrade Notice??

Discus and support Erroneous Windows 11 Upgrade Notice?? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Today received a prompt below in via Update that my PC is eligible for an upgrade to Win 11. My PC is running Win 10 Pro on an IntelR CoreTM i7-4790... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by rrobes53, Jun 8, 2022.

1. rrobes53 Win User

Erroneous Windows 11 Upgrade Notice??

Today received a prompt below in via Update that my PC is eligible for an upgrade to Win 11. My PC is running Win 10 Pro on an IntelR CoreTM i7-4790 CPU @ 3.60GHz. which isn't a supported Win 11 CPU, it also doesn't meet the Secure Boot or TPM 2.0 requirements.When selecting the "Stay on Windows 10 for now" option as shown, Update goes to another Update screen minus the Win 11 announcement and proceeds to message that yes, I'm eligible for the Win 11 upgrade and send me back to the below screen.Unless there have been requirement changes, it appears that Update is recommending this upgr

:)

rrobes53, Jun 8, 2022

2. Erroneous symbols at the bottom left corner of desktop icons

I'm running Windows 10 with the latest updates. A few days ago, the icons for objects on the desktop changed appearance. The icons are correct but
    all have a symbol at the bottom left corner:

• Shortcuts show the correct shortcut symbol
    • All files erroneously show a shortcut symbol
    • Almost all folders erroneously show a shortcut symbol
    • Some folders erroneously show "X"

The icons for files and folders (including the Desktop folder) displayed using File Explorer are all normal.

I would appreciate any suggestions.

KenSympson, Jun 8, 2022
  3. Karla Alm Win User
    Adobe Flash message in IE 11

Hi Sandra,

To help you out with your concern, we suggest that you disable the add-ons in Internet Explorer 11. For step by step instructions, go to this

link
    , then look for the title Turning off and removing add-ons.

We also suggest that you reset Internet Explorer 11 through these steps:

• Go to Internet Explorer then click the Gear icon.
    • Choose Internet options > Advanced.
    • Click Reset.

(Note: If you have added Favorites, back up them first before resetting the browser. )

Should you need further assistance, let us know.

Regards.

Karla Alm, Jun 8, 2022
  4. Erroneous Windows 11 Upgrade Notice??

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jun 8, 2022
Thema:

Erroneous Windows 11 Upgrade Notice??

1. Erroneous Windows 11 Upgrade Notice?? - Similar Threads - Erroneous Upgrade Notice

2. keyboard erroneous

in Windows 10 Gaming
    keyboard erroneous: My laptop keyboard seems to be not working. What can I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-erroneous/2efea7c4-8738-4333-b17e-d02e6d9fe5df
  3. keyboard erroneous

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    keyboard erroneous: My laptop keyboard seems to be not working. What can I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-erroneous/2efea7c4-8738-4333-b17e-d02e6d9fe5df
  4. keyboard erroneous

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Erroneous Windows 11 Upgrade Notice??

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Erroneous Windows 11 Upgrade Notice??: Today received a prompt below in via Update that my PC is eligible for an upgrade to Win 11. My PC is running Win 10 Pro on an IntelR CoreTM i7-4790 CPU @ 3.60GHz. which isn't a supported Win 11 CPU, it also doesn't meet the Secure Boot or TPM 2.0 requirements.When selecting...
  6. erroneous notifications

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    erroneous notifications: I keep getting erroneous alerts about needing to update my security and version of windows. When i check for updates, everything shows green checkmarks, but the banners keep coming up on my load screen...
  7. Erroneous virtual desktops

in Windows 10 Customization
    Erroneous virtual desktops: I use virtual desktops often and for several months I've noticed a problem when switching from on to the other using the keyboard shortcuts. Often I switch from the #1 desktop to the #2 desktop and the first desktop slides over and corrupts the change by appearing there also....
  8. On screen notice to upgrade windows 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    On screen notice to upgrade windows 10: Is this really from Microsoft, i entered upgrade and twice it stopped at 91%. Setting were changed, computer is slow operating Word and Excel wont respond. Cannot access wireless....
  9. Erroneous message

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Erroneous message: Message says the scanner is not connected or someone else is using it...which is not the case. I have checked all connections. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/erroneous-message/16889afa-e61e-43f1-bd12-56ebd676d4fc
  10. An erroneous state location

in Cortana
    An erroneous state location: Why am I getting two different home address state locations when I am entering personal information into drop down menus on certain web sites. One state location is correct, but the other is in another state all together. I suspect my computer profile is incorrect, but I do...