Windows 10: Erroneously merged folders in Win 10

Discus and support Erroneously merged folders in Win 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I erroneously moved a mobile device folder G:\ into another drive location (F:) and now they have merged into G:\ (F:). Then somehow it copied itself... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DanielMettner, Nov 24, 2019.

1. Erroneously merged folders in Win 10

I erroneously moved a mobile device folder G:\ into another drive location (FErroneously merged folders in Win 10 :) and now they have merged into G:\ (FErroneously merged folders in Win 10 :).
    Then somehow it copied itself so now I have 2 versions of the same merger.
    How may I separate these folders again?
    In WMP 12, I now have 2 G:\ folders in the library - one has all my music files stored there.
    How might I remove these folders from WMP?

:)

DanielMettner, Nov 24, 2019

2. Erroneous symbols at the bottom left corner of desktop icons

I'm running Windows 10 with the latest updates. A few days ago, the icons for objects on the desktop changed appearance. The icons are correct but
    all have a symbol at the bottom left corner:

• Shortcuts show the correct shortcut symbol
    • All files erroneously show a shortcut symbol
    • Almost all folders erroneously show a shortcut symbol
    • Some folders erroneously show "X"

The icons for files and folders (including the Desktop folder) displayed using File Explorer are all normal.

I would appreciate any suggestions.

KenSympson, Nov 24, 2019
  3. Jason Win User
    WIndows 10, copy/merge folder dialog option backwards?

Steps to Reproduce

• Set Windows Explorer Options to "Hide folder merge conflicts" unchecked
    • Create a folder called folderA
    • Create a folder called folderB
    • Copy folderA to folderB
    • Move folderA to folderB

Actual

• Nothing happens

Now try this:

• Set Windows Explorer Options to "Hide folder merge conflicts" checked
    • Create a folder called folderA
    • Create a folder called folderB
    • Copy folderA to folderB
    • Move folderA to folderB

Actual

• The merge dialog appears

QUESTIONS:

• Shouldn't setting "Hide folder merge conflicts" to be unchecked mean that the dialog should appear, rather than the opposite?
    • If there is a merge conflict, is is normal for it to fail silently?

Jason, Nov 24, 2019
  4. Erroneously merged folders in Win 10

Folder merge is broken in Windows 10

This is the correct solution.

• Open an Explorer window and click the View tab. Click Folder Options.
    • In the Folder Options window, click the View tab.
    • Uncheck "Hide folder merge conflicts."
    • Click Apply, then OK.

GaryWorthing, Nov 24, 2019
Thema:

Erroneously merged folders in Win 10

1. Erroneously merged folders in Win 10 - Similar Threads - Erroneously merged folders

2. keyboard erroneous

in Windows 10 Gaming
    keyboard erroneous: My laptop keyboard seems to be not working. What can I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-erroneous/2efea7c4-8738-4333-b17e-d02e6d9fe5df
  3. keyboard erroneous

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    keyboard erroneous: My laptop keyboard seems to be not working. What can I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-erroneous/2efea7c4-8738-4333-b17e-d02e6d9fe5df
  4. keyboard erroneous

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. erroneous notifications

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    erroneous notifications: I keep getting erroneous alerts about needing to update my security and version of windows. When i check for updates, everything shows green checkmarks, but the banners keep coming up on my load screen...
  6. Merge Document Folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Merge Document Folders: Runing Win 10 1909 I have the normal Documents folder in Local Disc C:\users/owner/documents. I also have created a Documents folder in another drive E. I want to move the content on E to the other Documents folder. What is the correct procedure so I don't lost any links to...
  7. Merging folders and files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Merging folders and files: I have recently installed windows 10. I have 3 hard drives and move and update many files and folders between the drives. Windows 10 wont let me do this. What am I doing wrong ?...
  8. Merging files and folders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Merging files and folders: I thought I might number my steps to make it less confusing, I hope so anyway. I'd started using OneDrive to store folders until I ran out of space. Then I started using Google Drive, so I moved my files over until I saw that DropBox was promoting a lot of space for free....
  9. Erroneous message

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Erroneous message: Message says the scanner is not connected or someone else is using it...which is not the case. I have checked all connections. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/erroneous-message/16889afa-e61e-43f1-bd12-56ebd676d4fc
  10. Merging two win 10 installations??

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Merging two win 10 installations??: Recently the processor on one of my computers fried and there is quite a bit of software and saved files stored on that computer's HDD. I have another computer that is running the same version of windows, I have already physically installed the HDD from the unusable computer...