Windows 10: Error 0*800701B1: A device which does not exist was specified.

Discus and support Error 0*800701B1: A device which does not exist was specified. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; When I am connecting my Lenovo F510 2TB HDD to the USB 3.0 port of my PC Cabinet : * First it is taking some time to detect and while I am trying to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by BibhutiMahanta, Feb 4, 2021.

1. Error 0*800701B1: A device which does not exist was specified.

When I am connecting my Lenovo F510 2TB HDD to the USB 3.0 port of my PC Cabinet :

* First it is taking some time to detect and while I am trying to transfer any file, it is showing the below error:

[COLOR=rgba215, 57, 0, 1]Error 0*800701B1: A device which does not exist was specified.[/COLOR]

* And after this. the HDD is connecting and disconnecting automatically.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

* This HDD is working perfectly fine in USB 2.0 port and USB 3.0 port of my laptop but it does not with the USB 3.0 port of the PC Cabinet.

* Also other USB 3.0 flash drives are working fine with that particular 3.0 but don't know what is happening with Lenovo HDD.

** Please help me solve this issue and let me know if this is a windows software_driver issue/hardware issue/USB 3.0 port issue or HDD issue?

Thank You.

:)

BibhutiMahanta, Feb 4, 2021
  2. CountMike Win User

AMD Chipset Install Error: 1316, The Specified Account Already Exists

In Device manager, most of those from that list are signed as Microsoft drivers, probably for compatibility purposes, just like disk drive drivers.
    These are only ones from that list that I can find that is signed as AMD.

Error 0*800701B1: A device which does not exist was specified. [​IMG]

CountMike, Feb 4, 2021
  3. iamc3k Win User
    AMD Chipset Install Error: 1316, The Specified Account Already Exists

@CountMike,

Thanks.

The link, here: How To Fix "Error 1316. The Specified Account Already Exists" Issue in Windows 10

It's a bit too generic. The first step, regedit the software key by deleting all "AMD" seems a bit fraught with peril. *Wink

I'll try to uninstall the v2.04.04.111 via the control panel and then install v2.10.13.408.

The Chipset IO folder you posted an image of has 22 sub-directories. Yet, the installer only shows 6 items being updated (Power Plan, GPIO, PSP, SMBus, PCI Device, and GPIO (Promentory) ). That's where I'm puzzled by the manual option. If I open up device manager, I'm thinking I should go through a LOT of them, but I don't know exactly which ones (devices in device manager) correspond to the 6 items that AMD updater shows on its update (the image with the selectable six items).

Have I made sense?

Thanks,
    Ken

iamc3k, Feb 4, 2021
  4. KajLi1 Win User

Error 0*800701B1: A device which does not exist was specified.

A device which does not exist was specified.

Im installing windows 10 from a bootable USB and in the page where you choose a partition i went to the command prompt. In there i wanted to clean a disk but then it sais. (DiskPart has encountered an error: An device which does not exist was specified.
    See the System Event Log for more information.)

Anyone know how i could do?

KajLi1, Feb 4, 2021
Thema:

Error 0*800701B1: A device which does not exist was specified.

1. Error 0*800701B1: A device which does not exist was specified. - Similar Threads - Error 0*800701B1 device

2. A device which does not exist was specified

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A device which does not exist was specified: I ran into this error - A device which does not exist was specified - while trying to access an SSD from Windows console running a directory listing. I believe the sequence of events leading up to it was the SSD wasunplugged and replugged in after which I reran the listing...
  3. A device which does not exist was specified

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    A device which does not exist was specified: I ran into this error - A device which does not exist was specified - while trying to access an SSD from Windows console running a directory listing. I believe the sequence of events leading up to it was the SSD wasunplugged and replugged in after which I reran the listing...
  4. a device which does not exist was specified

in Windows 10 Gaming
    a device which does not exist was specified: when i try to initialize Disk D: im getting '' a device which does not exist was specified '' error.https://pasteboard.co/kdUaARPS8tIT.png https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/a-device-which-does-not-exist-was-specified/eb95fa85-64ea-4d0f-ba47-5ad874f29251
  5. a device which does not exist was specified

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    a device which does not exist was specified: when i try to initialize Disk D: im getting '' a device which does not exist was specified '' error.https://pasteboard.co/kdUaARPS8tIT.png https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/a-device-which-does-not-exist-was-specified/eb95fa85-64ea-4d0f-ba47-5ad874f29251
  6. a device which does not exist was specified

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. A device which does not exist was specified

A device which does not exist was specified: Please help me ,I don't know what to do with this error which appears when ever I want to open my USB flash . Actually I can't open my USB flash . Please help me . [ATTACH]...
  8. A device which does not exist was specified.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    A device which does not exist was specified.: Im installing windows 10 from a bootable USB and in the page where you choose a partition i went to the command prompt. In there i wanted to clean a disk but then it sais. DiskPart has encountered an error: An device which does not exist was specified. See the System Event...
  9. A device which does not exist was specified

A device which does not exist was specified: HI, Yester 15-4-2020 I download and install this version "2020-04 Cumulative update for Windows 10 version 1903 for x64-based system KB4549951". Today 16-04-2020 I received a pop-up window A device which does not exist was specified while trying to open E: or D: but C: is...
  10. A device which does not exist was specified.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    A device which does not exist was specified.: z[IMG] I tried installing Mojave Hackintosh on my Dell Inspiron PC and it got installed, after I tried restarting my laptop, it stuck on a boot loop. Then, I got upset and tried installing Ubuntu which then showed the error like "Kernel Panic". Then, I tried installing...