Windows 10: Error 0x00001 after booting Windows from cloned drive

Discus and support Error 0x00001 after booting Windows from cloned drive in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi! After the problems I had with my SSD, I manahed to get it working for long enough to be able to clone it to my HDD. However, when I rebooted the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by carfan17, Aug 1, 2020.

1. carfan17 Win User

Error 0x00001 after booting Windows from cloned drive

Hi!

After the problems I had with my SSD, I manahed to get it working for long enough to be able to clone it to my HDD. However, when I rebooted the laptop from the HDD I got the error pictured below. How to fix it? And yes, I did activate the FAT32 section of the HDD before trying to reboot the laptop from the HDD.Error 0x00001 after booting Windows from cloned drive [​IMG]

:)

carfan17, Aug 1, 2020

2. Error code: 0xc000000e, unable to boot Windows after cloning hard drive

Hi William,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are facing issues while booting Windows after cloning hard drive from an older PC.

As you have mentioned that, you have dual boot setup on the new PC, and Linux is booting fine but Windows is giving error. The new PC will not boot Windows, because Grub is not configured with Windows.

I suggest you to post your query on
    TechNet forums
    , where they provide dedicated support for issues related to booting Windows on Cloned hard drives.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Aug 1, 2020
  3. Cloning from 1TB to 2TB hard drive

Hello, Migrating a 1TB Hard Drive to a 2TB HDD is very possible.

My Rig started out on just 160GB, when I upgraded HDDs, I cloned my 160 GB into a newly bought 500GB HDD. (it was an OS HDD)

Then on the next HDD upgrade(I bought a 1 TB) I cloned that 500GB to a 1 TB HDD.

No problems at all.

From what I can remember the program I used was Acronis?? I forgot. But it ran the cloning process outside of windows. the cloning took like 30 to 1 hr. then I switched drive letters and the newly bought HDD is now my boot device.

lyndonguitar, Aug 1, 2020
  4. cadaveca Win User

Moving to SSD. Clone or not to clone?

Part of how I keep my SSD fast is to clone it to a platter drive, then clone back. You just want to make sure that you are only cloning teh used space, and not the empty space.

So, again, I isntall Windows to the ssd. Clone to platter drive, then clone back.

I am not sure why, but if I do not do the clone step, the drive's speed, and windows booting, decreases substantially within a week or so.

I am using a Corsair F60 SSD and a Western Digital 500AAKS as drives, and using the free version of Acronis that WD provides, if any of that matters. I am not sure, at this point.

cadaveca, Aug 1, 2020
Thema:

1. Error 0x00001 after booting Windows from cloned drive - Similar Threads - Error 0x00001 booting

2. after cloning a hard drive, both drives are now unable to be booted from

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    after cloning a hard drive, both drives are now unable to be booted from: when trying to boot from either drive, both claim there is no operating system despite there obviously being one. when I try to install a fresh copy of windows, the installer tells me that I need to use a gpt partition. when using a gpt partition the installer claims it...
  3. Error 0xc000000e after cloning my boot drive.

Error 0xc000000e after cloning my boot drive.: I bought a new SSD 240 GB from Amazon and decided to migrate Windows 10 from HDD to SDD though the use of EaseUS. The clone was successful and thus I rebooted using the new boot drive and it worked, displaying the SSD as the c drive. I wiped my old boot drive, the HDD, and...
  4. Cloning boot drive to an SSD, cannot boot with cloned drive

in Windows 10 Support
    Cloning boot drive to an SSD, cannot boot with cloned drive: I'm sure I screwed something up, but here's my situation. I bought an SSD, unfortunately a little smaller than I should have. In using free Macrium Reflect software to clone my original main drive, I realized I needed a few more gigs of space. The operation requires moving...
  5. Boot Windows 10 Clone from USB Drive

Boot Windows 10 Clone from USB Drive: Hi, I am trying to do something on my computer which seems so simple. I have cloned my HDD to a USB drive. The USB drive boots up but when it gets to the spinning dots after a little bit they freeze and the computer restarts. I am able to boot the USB drive in safe...
  6. Cloned drive won’t boot

Cloned drive won’t boot: I copied my upgraded OS from a suspected failing 13yr-old Seagate 160GB (keeps crashing) onto a WDC 500GB using MiniTool Partition Wizard – How to migrate OS to SSD/HD, but the cloned drive won’t boot, it just shows a DOS screen with the letter j followed by a blinking...
  7. Set windows to boot from a different drive (from a clone of Windows)

in Windows 10 Support
    Set windows to boot from a different drive (from a clone of Windows): I have cloned my windows operating system from an SSD to the hard-drive on my laptop. I now want to boot my machine from this cloned version of windows on the hard-drive. In the 'old days' I have been battling with the BIOS settings and Windows Boot Manager - but can't work...
  8. Cloned Boot Drive won't boot

in Windows 10 Support
    Cloned Boot Drive won't boot: Update: Whilst typing up all that I’d done so far, I managed to solve it, but posting anyway in case of help to others. Apologies in advance for being a newbie and the probably obvious mistakes made here. I had a Windows 10 Pro install on a 128GB SSD. It was full so I...
  9. Cloned drive will not boot

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Cloned drive will not boot: Hi guys I'm a little embarrassed to ask for help from a cloning operation, being an IT guy...but this one has me stumped. Short background: Bought a inexpensive Acer laptop (R 15) Seemed like a great deal for under $499, great screen, good video, Intel i5. But got it...
  10. BIOS reads "Boot error" after cloning OS drive

in Windows 10 Support
    BIOS reads "Boot error" after cloning OS drive: I just purchased a 1TB Samsung 850 EVO SSD to replace my 1TB WD HDD. I cloned my Win10 OS drive using Macrium Reflect, as I have successfully done countless times in the past from HDD to HDD, HDD to SSD, and so on.. When attempting to boot from either the SSD or HDD -with...