Windows 10: Error: 0x00F4244<NoCamerasAreAttached>

Discus and support Error: 0x00F4244 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; The subject error message appears when trying to access my camera. It does not work in MS Teams as well. I've gone through many troubleshooting methods... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Paul St. Pierre, Jul 10, 2020.

1. Error: 0x00F4244

The subject error message appears when trying to access my camera. It does not work in MS Teams as well. I've gone through many troubleshooting methods so far.

:)

Paul St. Pierre, Jul 10, 2020
  2. Cliff S Win User

Error 0xA00F4244<NoCamerasAreAttached> for Microsoft webcam

You can try using the windows default driver.
    Right click the device in device manager, and select update, then browse for drivers my computer, then select let me pick from a list, then select USB Video device:

Error: 0x00F4244<NoCamerasAreAttached> [​IMG]

Cliff S, Jul 10, 2020
  3. Paultx Win User
    Error 0xA00F4244<NoCamerasAreAttached> for Microsoft webcam

I have this old Microsoft Lifecam Cinema webcam, which I purchased back in 2013 for my desktop PC. But since I didn't use webcams frequently (when occasionally needed, I used my laptop's) I forgot it inside a drawer for years. A few days ago I found it while housecleaning and decided to test it with Windows 10. It didn't work. I tried another USB port and it worked.

The app interface and a photo taken with it.

Webcam in the Device Manager.

I didn't use it for a week or so. Today I tried to use it again, and again it didn't work.

When I search for solutions, I find many answers mostly with the same steps (use Windows troubleshooting, reinstall driver, etc., blah blah blah) that just don't work!

Even the issues get different names, descriptions, etc. At some point, I just unplugged then plugged the USB cable back to the same port, then I got this "Unknown USB device (Device Descriptor Request Failed)" in Device Manager. Tried another USB port, then got this "96120" thing supposedly "ready". But then nothing, no webcam, and now I have this "96120" thing as "Other devices" in Device Manager.

Device "ready".

As a last resort, I tried to install the webcam model's Windows 7 driver, but the program can't find the webcam to continue.

I don't understand why it's so problematic to run a Microsoft product on a Microsoft operating system. What's worse is that one day it works, the other day it doesn't... It's incredible!

So I wonder if there is some sort of "universal" or "generic" driver or program I can use to take over the whole thing, so I don't have to wait for Microsoft to solve this webcam issue. Any idea? TIA.

Windows 10 Pro 1909 18363.815

Paultx, Jul 10, 2020
  4. DRPTPT Win User

Error: 0x00F4244

0xa00f4244<NoCamerasAreAttached>

Lenovo camera not working on windows 10

showing 0xa00f4244<NoCamerasAreAttached> error code

DRPTPT, Jul 10, 2020
Thema:

Error: 0x00F4244

1. Error: 0x00F4244 - Similar Threads - Error 0x00F4244<NoCamerasAreAttached>

2. Fix 0x80073D21 Error in Windows 11

in Windows 10 News
    Fix 0x80073D21 Error in Windows 11: [IMG]This post will help you fix error code 0x80073D21 on your Windows 11/10 PC. This error is reported to occur while installing an Xbox Game Pass game via Microsoft Store. It can also occur with generic apps. When this occurs, you will get the following error message: This...
  3. BSOD Crash when using Bluetooth PAN to connect to phone. Get invalid mdl range error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD Crash when using Bluetooth PAN to connect to phone. Get invalid mdl range error: On a Surface Pro 7+ running the latest version available of Windows 11. EVERY TIME I connect to a phone via BT PAN I get the BSOD error 'Invalid MDL Range'. I've reset all network adapters, updated all drivers via windows update and intel. Seems like the exact same issue...
  4. BSOD Crash when using Bluetooth PAN to connect to phone. Get invalid mdl range error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD Crash when using Bluetooth PAN to connect to phone. Get invalid mdl range error: On a Surface Pro 7+ running the latest version available of Windows 11. EVERY TIME I connect to a phone via BT PAN I get the BSOD error 'Invalid MDL Range'. I've reset all network adapters, updated all drivers via windows update and intel. Seems like the exact same issue...
  5. Fivem error: exception processing message 0xc00005 - unexpected parameters

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fivem error: exception processing message 0xc00005 - unexpected parameters: So yesterday the program was working fine, but today when I turned on the pc and tried to launch the fivem I started getting this error, I tried everything from checking event viewer, reinstalling app, reverting Nvidia drivers, fixing some issues in event viewer but nothing...
  6. When installing windows update I keep getting the install error 0x800f0983.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When installing windows update I keep getting the install error 0x800f0983.: Like the title says when I try installing windows update I keep getting the install error 0x800f0983. Any ideas? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-installing-windows-update-i-keep-getting-the/74aa4b87-08b1-4890-afb2-6108158cb5f2
  7. Fivem error: exception processing message 0xc00005 - unexpected parameters

Fivem error: exception processing message 0xc00005 - unexpected parameters: So yesterday the program was working fine, but today when I turned on the pc and tried to launch the fivem I started getting this error, I tried everything from checking event viewer, reinstalling app, reverting Nvidia drivers, fixing some issues in event viewer but nothing...
  8. When installing windows update I keep getting the install error 0x800f0983.

When installing windows update I keep getting the install error 0x800f0983.: Like the title says when I try installing windows update I keep getting the install error 0x800f0983. Any ideas? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-installing-windows-update-i-keep-getting-the/74aa4b87-08b1-4890-afb2-6108158cb5f2
  9. SYSTEM SERVICE ERROR

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SYSTEM SERVICE ERROR: I need to use a program called LockBrowser with the camera of my computer, but every time it gets to using it, I get a blue screen saying that my device ran into a problem and had to restart. The stop code is SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION and what fails is SPUVCbv x64.sys. This...
  10. SYSTEM SERVICE ERROR

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    SYSTEM SERVICE ERROR: I need to use a program called LockBrowser with the camera of my computer, but every time it gets to using it, I get a blue screen saying that my device ran into a problem and had to restart. The stop code is SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION and what fails is SPUVCbv x64.sys. This...