Windows 10: Error 0x0AA0301 when trying to burn CD

Discus and support Error 0x0AA0301 when trying to burn CD in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I am running Windows 10 Home, version 1803, on an HP Envy Desktop. I haven't changed anything on my computer or added any software. When I try to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by sduke39, Dec 2, 2018.

1. sduke39 Win User

Error 0x0AA0301 when trying to burn CD

I am running Windows 10 Home, version 1803, on an HP Envy Desktop.

I haven't changed anything on my computer or added any software.

When I try to burn a music CD in either Apple iTunes or with Windows Media Player I get error code 0x0AA0301. "Unknown error has occurred"

I ran the "Hardware Troubleshooter" and it found problems that needed correction, but it didn't resolve my problem. The player plays CD's and DVD's normally, it just won't burn them.

Any suggestions welcome, thanks in advance

steven

***Moved From: Windows 10/Performance & system failures***

:)

sduke39, Dec 2, 2018
  2. sduke39 Win User

I am running Windows 10 Home, version 1803, on an HP Envy Desktop.

I haven't changed anything on my computer or added any software.

When I try to burn a music CD in either Apple iTunes or with Windows Media Player I get error code 0x0AA0301. "Unknown error has occurred"

I ran the "Hardware Troubleshooter" and it found problems that needed correction, but it didn't resolve my problem. The player plays CD's and DVD's normally, it just won't burn them.

Any suggestions welcome, thanks in advance

steven

***Moved From: Windows 10/Performance & system failures***

sduke39, Jan 28, 2020
  3. sduke39 Win User

Thanks for the quick reply

1. What is the complete error message that you get when burning the CD?
    "The attempt to burn disc failed. An unknown error occurred" (0xC0AA0301)

2. What were the problems found by Hardware Troubleshooter?

It didn't list them. It only stated the problems had been repaired. There was no "detail" box to see what was repaired.

3. What is the make and model of your computer?

HP Envy 750-624

I checked for new firmware and driver updates on the HP support page. There was a new chipset driver and a bios update. Both of which I installed and which didn't solve the problem. My DVD/CD drivers were current and they show to be working properly.

I did a clean boot and the problem still remains.

I did burn a CD on a different computer to confirm that my blank CD-R's were not the problem and they burned fine on my older PC, in both iTunes and Windows Media Player.

Thanks again for your assistance

steven

sduke39, Jan 28, 2020
  4. Error 0x0AA0301 when trying to burn CD

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

To have better clarity on the issue, please answer the below-listed questions and get back to us.

1. What is the complete error message that you get when burning the CD?
    2. What were the problems found by Hardware Troubleshooter?
    3. What is the make and model of your computer?

Meanwhile, try the below methods and see if this helps.

Method 1: Update Chipset Drivers and DVD Drivers.

I suggest you to
    Update Drivers
    for Chipset/Firmware and the DVD reader of your computer from your computer manufactures website and check if this helps.

If Method 1 didn't work, then follow the Method 2.

Method 2: Clean Boot.

Perform a
    Clean Boot
    and see what exactly is causing the issue.

NOTE: A 'Clean Boot' starts Windows with a minimal set of drivers and startup programs, so that you can determine whether a background program is interfering with your game or program. Your computer may temporarily lose some functionality
    while in a clean boot environment, however, that functionality will return when you reset the computer to start normally after you have finished your troubleshooting.

If the Clean Boot works, then don't forget to place the computer to normal boot by going to 'Reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting' section in the Clean Boot link.

Give it a shot and let us know of any changes.

Shafeeq_Khan, Jan 28, 2020
Thema:

1. Error 0x0AA0301 when trying to burn CD - Similar Threads - Error 0x0AA0301 trying

2. Burning a CD - errors?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Burning a CD - errors?: I am trying to burn a CD-R with songs, but it ejects and displays an error message every time that the burn process is nearly complete. I made sure to set it to burning "audio disc" I have tried multiple different discs from the package that i bought, disconnected and...
  3. windows media player error when burning a cd.

windows media player error when burning a cd.: "Windows Media Player cannot burn the files. If the burner is busy, wait for the current task to finish. If necessary, verify that the burner is connected properly and that you have installed the latest device driver." how do i cure this ?...
  4. Error message while trying to burn an audio cd

Error message while trying to burn an audio cd: I was trying to burn an audio cd and while it was doing so I received an error that some tracks couldn't be burned?. and I have read other helps but am a novice and can't seem to find the way to fix or troubleshoot it. And now when I try to get my cd out and close the media...
  5. error burning cd

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    error burning cd: media player say cd burn is complete but the cd is still blank https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-burning-cd/8dc26dc8-cbbe-4a32-8a68-185ba5104352
  6. when trying to burn a cd on my laptop, i get an error code

when trying to burn a cd on my laptop, i get an error code: my laptop won't record . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-trying-to-burn-a-cd-on-my-laptop-i-get-an/fc8c9170-59c7-4e9d-b259-45daae31a04f
  7. Error message on Windows Media Player when trying to burn a music cd.

Error message on Windows Media Player when trying to burn a music cd.: I have Windows 10 and when I try to burn a music cd I get an error message that says some files couldn't be burned to disk. The songs that would not burn have a red X beside them. The cd never starts to burn....
  8. Burn CD error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Burn CD error: I have mp3's on my computer that I want to burn to cd's. When I try to burn some of the files media player says Error:Windows Media Player cannot burn some of the files If I click o.k. and then burn files again it works, so why am I getting this error sometimes and not when...
  9. Error 0x0AA0301 when trying to burn CD

Error 0x0AA0301 when trying to burn CD: I am running Windows 10 Home, version 1803, on an HP Envy Desktop. I haven't changed anything on my computer or added any software. When I try to burn a music CD in either Apple iTunes or with Windows Media Player I get error code 0x0AA0301. "Unknown error has occurred"...
  10. Burning to cd

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Burning to cd: When I open Media Player it asks me to connect an external burner. I thought you could burn to cds with Media Player, previous system Windows 7 Home. 15660
Tags:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 0x0aa0301