Windows 10: Error 0x80004005 while mp4 metadata's title field using explorer on Win10

Discus and support Error 0x80004005 while mp4 metadata's title field using explorer on Win10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I encountered the error 0x80004005 while trying to editor delete an .mp4 file's metadata the "title" field using explorer not IE that I downloaded from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MateuszGrzebielec, Feb 14, 2021.

1. Error 0x80004005 while mp4 metadata's title field using explorer on Win10

I encountered the error 0x80004005 while trying to editor delete an .mp4 file's metadata the "title" field using explorer not IE that I downloaded from facebook servers A fanpage's daily story.

Error 0x80004005 while mp4 metadata's title field using explorer on Win10 4500646c-43cf-4431-a16f-03fc11fb15ea?upload=true.png

First I came across this topic:
    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-0x80004005-unspecified-error-when-trying-to/9981f540-1b97-4828-8aab-e12d75e9d5ee

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
    and
    sfc/scannow
    but neither worked.

Current account have admin privelages, file is located in user's 'Downloads' directory.

I don't exceptionally care about changing it but wonder, if that's just an mp4 file and the system can read the title field, how can it fail to update it? What could possibly be going wrong and why is so little information given?

:)

MateuszGrzebielec, Feb 14, 2021
  2. D007 Win User
  3. Changing dates on mp4 metadata

FWIW created/modified date is usually Windows attributed and refers to the date a file was created or modified.

Whereas date for mp3/4 metadata refers to the date the song/album was recorded.
    You should be able to change the mp4 "date" metadata in Windows Explorer.

Method 1:
    - Highlight the song in WE.
    - Edit the metadata field(s) at the bottom of the screen.
    - Click Save.

Method 2:
    - Right-click the song in WE.
    - Select "Properties".
    - Select "Details".
    - Edit the metadata field(s).
    (N.B. To select the field, click to the right of field name)
    - Click Apply.

Cyber.Cynic, Feb 14, 2021
  4. ggehring Win User

Error 0x80004005 while mp4 metadata's title field using explorer on Win10

File Explorer fails to show metadata?

Update: after trying a few things, I used the "repair online" option in Office 365, which appears to reinstall Office completely. Now the details pane in File Explorer shows additional fields, but it still isn't recognizing the data in those fields:

Error 0x80004005 while mp4 metadata's title field using explorer on Win10 [​IMG]

Same file as before, so it should have information in the Category, Subject, etc. fields. Curiously, if I try to edit any of the metadata fields, I get this error:

"An unexpected error is keeping you from applying properties to the file. If you continue to receive this error, you can use the error code to search for help with this problem.
    Error 0x80004005: Unspecified Error"

Error 0x80004005 while mp4 metadata's title field using explorer on Win10 [​IMG]

A quick google search on that topic hasn't been fruitful yet. Still looking.

ggehring, Feb 14, 2021
Thema:

Error 0x80004005 while mp4 metadata's title field using explorer on Win10

1. Error 0x80004005 while mp4 metadata's title field using explorer on Win10 - Similar Threads - Error 0x80004005 while

2. Cannot edit .mp4 metadata Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot edit .mp4 metadata Windows 10: Hello,I have downloaded several YouTube videos and I have them stored on an external hard drive. I would like to organize them a little better by editing their tags, genres, and ratings. However, when I go into the properties and edit these categories, I will get the pop-up...
  3. Cannot edit .mp4 metadata Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot edit .mp4 metadata Windows 10: Hello,I have downloaded several YouTube videos and I have them stored on an external hard drive. I would like to organize them a little better by editing their tags, genres, and ratings. However, when I go into the properties and edit these categories, I will get the pop-up...
  4. Entirely New Metadata Fields

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Entirely New Metadata Fields: Hey, long-reader first-time asker, so I have a huge collection of comic books in digital format think Marvel, DC, etc., and there are lots of instances where characters from one series will appear in another like Wolverine from "X-Men" makes an appearance in an issue of "New...
  5. Entirely New Metadata Fields

Entirely New Metadata Fields: Hey, long-reader first-time asker, so I have a huge collection of comic books in digital format think Marvel, DC, etc., and there are lots of instances where characters from one series will appear in another like Wolverine from "X-Men" makes an appearance in an issue of "New...
  6. An error occurred while loading the troubleshooter 0x80004005

in Windows 10 Support
    An error occurred while loading the troubleshooter 0x80004005: Hi All, Running Win 10 Pro and having an issue when i select "troubleshoot compatibility" the troubleshooting wizard throws the following error: "An error occurred while loading the troubleshooter" Package ID: PCW Diagnostic Path: Unknown Error Code: 0x80004005 Source:...
  7. Error While Connecting To Remote Desktop Error 0x80004005

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Error While Connecting To Remote Desktop Error 0x80004005: Hi All, I've been facing issue with Remote Desktop Connection , It shows "An Authentication Error has occured "Error Code 0x80004005 while trying to connect . It used to work fine before . Since yesterday i've been facing this issue . There was no problem in installing...
  8. Error 0x80004005 in Win10 1909 update

Error 0x80004005 in Win10 1909 update: My current Win10 Home version is 1803. I have been trying to update to 1909, yet it never worked. error code 0x80004005 I already ran the troubleshoot a few times and also tried the method "Rename win update folders" as indicated on this page...
  9. Update win7 to win10 Error code 0x80004005

Update win7 to win10 Error code 0x80004005: I have been trying for two weeks to get the upgrade to work. I have nothing running or attached and constantly get the same error. Here is a readout from System Diagnostic ______________________________________ Error: SetupDiag reports abrupt down-level failure. Last...
  10. Some tool to restore MP4 metadata?

Some tool to restore MP4 metadata?: Hey guys, so recently I made a new build, and in the process of transferring files over from the old drives, all the metadata from my video files disappeared. In the "Details" tab of the the files' properties, only the "File" section exists. Apparently it happens if you copy...
Tags: