Windows 10: Error 0x8000704cf no internet connection message - but there really is

Discus and support Error 0x8000704cf no internet connection message - but there really is in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Using Dell Laptop , in hotmail message says outlook settings out of date - needs updating try to update double checked account its ok sent a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Denisiams, Nov 6, 2020.

1. Denisiams Win User

Error 0x8000704cf no internet connection message - but there really is

Using Dell Laptop , in hotmail message says outlook settings out of date - needs updating try to update double checked account its ok sent a message to myself using phone . Error message 0x8000704cf. No internet connection. I have got internet connection . In the Network and internet setting my router is identified but here again says no connection. I have checked on line for some fixes but in these days a biy wary of using things were you go into the programme side - I could be typing any malicious stuff enabling someone to get access to my computer - apologies to anyone who has put on genuine help videos. They looked a bit compplicated also. Everything was working fine up on the laptaop last time it was used - lase email on this about 2 weeks ago I have been using phone and ince I am getting internet didnt think there wasan issue .Running windows 10 . Any simple ways to fix the problem please. On widows it says reinstall drivers - dont know where to start with that.Thanks in advance .

:)

Denisiams, Nov 6, 2020

2. Error 0x8000704cf no internet connection message - but there really is

Using Dell Laptop , in hotmail message says outlook settings out of date - needs updating try to update ( double checked account its ok sent a message to myself using phone) . Error message 0x8000704cf. No internet connection. I have got internet
    connection . In the Network and internet setting my router is identified but here again says no connection. I have checked on line for some fixes but in these days a biy wary of using things were you go into the programme side - I could be typing any malicious
    stuff enabling someone to get access to my computer - apologies to anyone who has put on genuine help videos. They looked a bit compplicated also. Everything was working fine up on the laptaop last time it was used - lase email on this about 2 weeks ago
    ( I have been using phone and ince I am getting internet didnt think there wasan issue ) .Running windows 10 . Any simple ways to fix the problem please. On widows it says reinstall drivers - dont know where to start with that.Thanks in advance .

strawberryberry, Nov 6, 2020
  3. Only Chrome can connect to the Internet.

To resolve the particular error messages that you're having, we suggest you perform the steps below to disable proxy server:

• Click the Tools button in Internet Explorer, then click Internet Options.
    • Go to the Connections tab, then click LAN settings.
    • Uncheck the box which says Use a Proxy Server for your LAN, then click
      OK.

You can also follow the steps on this
    article
    that lists all steps that can help you when you're having issues with internet connection.

Let us know if it addressed your concern.

Thank you.

Angela Pun, Nov 6, 2020
  4. Geethu B Win User

Issue with connecting to Internet and gets error message "Limited connection".

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. I understand that you have an issue with connecting to Internet and gets error message "Limited connection".
    I will surely help you to fix this issue.

Limited Connectivity error means the computer has successfully connected to the router, but the PC wasn't assigned a valid IP address.

To understand the issue better, I would need more information from your end.

1. What is the make and model number of the computer?

2. Are you using a wired or wireless Internet Connection?

Try the steps listed here:

Method 1:

I suggest you to try the steps in the following article to fix the issues with limited network connection.

How to reset Internet Protocol (TCP/IP)

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/299357/en-us

Note: Applies to Windows 10.

Method 2:

If the issue persists, I suggest you to try the steps in the following article and check if it helps.

Fix Wi-Fi connection issues in Windows

Warning:

1) Please make sure to re-enable Antivirus software after performing troubleshooting steps.

2) Antivirus software/ Firewall can help protect your computer against viruses and other security threats. In most cases, you shouldn't disable or uninstall your antivirus software. If you have to temporarily disable or uninstall it to install other
    software, you should re-enable it as soon as you're done. If you're connected to the Internet or a network while your antivirus software is disabled or uninstalled, your computer is vulnerable to attacks.

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, Nov 6, 2020
Thema:

1. Error 0x8000704cf no internet connection message - but there really is - Similar Threads - Error 0x8000704cf internet

2. Internet connected, but not really

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet connected, but not really: I'm connected to my wifi, it says connected, it says internet access, but if I try and use google chrome or steam or Firefox or anything, it says I have no internet connection. I've tried connecting to my hotspot on my phone instead, does the same thing. It works for 30...
  3. Connection Error Message

Connection Error Message: Frequently receive below error message using Firefox and Edge. Internet connection and firewall checked. Often takes 2-3 refreshes, entries to access sites. Happens on all type sites. Comments appreciated ! 178769
  4. Error 0x8000704cf no internet connection message - but there really is

Error 0x8000704cf no internet connection message - but there really is: Using Dell Laptop , in hotmail message says outlook settings out of date - needs updating try to update double checked account its ok sent a message to myself using phone . Error message 0x8000704cf. No internet connection. I have got internet connection . In the...
  5. recent download errors, connectivity to internet message incorrect

recent download errors, connectivity to internet message incorrect: OX800704cf error shows after recent update and no access to internet shows but obviously can access the internet via cable...seems a common problem caused by microsoft update ...any simple, and I mean simple fic for this???...
  6. you are not connected to the internet error message

you are not connected to the internet error message: I've been trying to install a program. 888poker_installer. I keep getting the message, "you are not connected to the internet." But i am connected and can go on any other site. I've tried turning off the firewall but the program still doesn't install. I tried adding all...
  7. Internet connection is out of date message

Internet connection is out of date message: Since the latest Windows 10 Pro update (Build 18351.19h1_release.190301-1611) I now get a message when I connect to my Wi-Fi access point. It basically says that the connection is out of date and should be updated. It has a button at the bottom that says Learn More... but...
  8. really hard to connect to internet after updated the windows

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    really hard to connect to internet after updated the windows: I am fairly new to computer build, I just built my PC 3 days ago(Jan 10th 2019). I will list some of my specs in case it needed CPU: Ryzen 5 2400G(with integrated graphic vega 11) RAM: 8GB x 2 DDR4 RAM Mainboard: MSI B450M PRO-VDH V2 So I installed windows 10, everything...
  9. Windows Store Error 0x8000704cf

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Store Error 0x8000704cf: Hello, I am having this problem for a quite a long time. Got Dolby Access and buy Dolby Atmos for windows 10. Unable to download as I got the Microsoft Account Sign in error on Store. The Error code is 0x800704cf. I tried all the methods right from updating network adapters...
  10. False "Cannot connect to the Internet" messages.

False "Cannot connect to the Internet" messages.: Dell Inspiron 15 Laptop, In-home wireless network, no other computers, running Windows 10. ISP is Cox Communications. I get occasional messages in the lower right corner saying "Cannot connect to the Internet. Please verify your Internet connection and try again". I do not...