Windows 10: Error 0x80070003 Couldnt set default save location, xbox game pass

Discus and support Error 0x80070003 Couldnt set default save location, xbox game pass in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; hi, Im trying to install xbox (beta) game apps to the d:\ (game installs) yet it wont let me unless its the default app directory. i also cant change... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Groggubus, Aug 1, 2019.

1. Groggubus Win User

Error 0x80070003 Couldnt set default save location, xbox game pass

hi, Im trying to install xbox (beta) game apps to the d:\ (game installs) yet it wont let me unless its the default app directory.

i also cant change the default app directory from c:\ to d:\ idk why. attached in the error message 0x80070003.

I read here that 0x80070005 is denied access so i tried the icacl solution in command prompt, but it didnt help. any ideas?
    Error 0x80070003 Couldnt set default save location, xbox game pass [​IMG]

- - - Updated - - -

I fixed it, by removing all my "d:\game_installs" and Steam_directory off the drive, formatting the drive, and then changing location of windows 10 default apps. it took about 2 hrs to move everything :S theres gotta be an easier way to manipulate microsoft apps and folders than formatting a drive?

:)

Groggubus, Aug 1, 2019

2. Xbox games pass on pc

Hi Bat,

I am Sumit, an Independent Advisor and a 2-Year Windows Insider MVP here to help.

These are the games free with the pass.

https://www.windowscentral.com/xbox-game-pass-p...

However, the exact difference can be told by experts on the Xbox forum so suggest you to start a question there.

Disclaimer:

This is a non-Microsoft website which would provide accurate and safe information. Watch out for ads on the site which are frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). There is no need to buy paid products to fix your computers as they do
    more harm than good sometimes.

Sumit (Independent Advisor), Aug 1, 2019
  3. Brink Win User
    Xbox Game Pass: July New Games

Hello @BitSkrieg, and welcome to Ten Forums. *Smile

*Arrow Xbox Game Pass FAQs | Start Your Free Trial | Xbox

Brink, Aug 1, 2019
  4. Kuraai Win User

Save-game location for XBOX Game pass for Windows games.

I'd like to know where the save files are stored for Xbox Game Pass files on Windows.

I've tried searching for the 'Saved Games' folder in Documents, also checked the 'My games' folder and any other subfolders, alas to no avail.

I did find some other folders/files under local\appdata\packages, but not the save files.

Adding to this, I understand it's still a beta (a paid one at that though), but there is no indication as to where the save files are stored or if cloud saves are supported at all, using multiple pc's this can be quite a dealbreaker.

Regards

Kuraai, Aug 1, 2019
Thema:

1. Error 0x80070003 Couldnt set default save location, xbox game pass - Similar Threads - Error 0x80070003 Couldnt

2. We couldnt set your default save location error 0x80070017

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    We couldnt set your default save location error 0x80070017: while im trying to install xbox games error code code showed up so i decided to use xbox help and its one of the option but when i tried it same error code occurs. any help?...
  3. We couldnt set your default save location error 0x80070017

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    We couldnt set your default save location error 0x80070017: while im trying to install xbox games error code code showed up so i decided to use xbox help and its one of the option but when i tried it same error code occurs. any help?...
  4. We couldnt set your default save location

We couldnt set your default save location: I tried every way that is on internet.Changing permissions some scans in command prompt, I even reinstalled windows and I cant change save location please help me...
  5. We couldnt set your default save location

in Windows 10 Gaming
    We couldnt set your default save location: I tried every way that is on internet.Changing permissions some scans in command prompt, I even reinstalled windows and I cant change save location please help me...
  6. We couldnt set your default save location

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. couldnt set the deault save location error

couldnt set the deault save location error: Hey, I am trying to change in the storage settings where content is new saved to my D drive. But it comes up with this error "We couldn`t set your default save location" The operation did not complete successfully. Try again in a bit. The error code is 0x80070005, in case you...
  8. We could not set your default save location 0x80070003

We could not set your default save location 0x80070003: I bought xbox gamepass. It's want from me change default save location but i can't. I'm taking this error: [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/we-could-not-set-your-default-save-location/2564422b-d06d-428a-a5f7-23d670b76d09
  9. Xbox game pass PC saves location

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Xbox game pass PC saves location: I'm having troubles with my gpu drivers installation, so I want to reinstall Windows and try again with that. So I also want to backup my data, and that means I want to backup my game saves. Pretty much I need just to backup My Time At Portia game saves, because it's not...
  10. Error 0x80070003 Couldnt set default save location, xbox game pass

in Windows 10 Support
    Error 0x80070003 Couldnt set default save location, xbox game pass: hi, Im trying to install xbox (beta) game apps to the d:\ (game installs) yet it wont let me unless its the default app directory. i also cant change the default app directory from c:\ to d:\ idk why. attached in the error message 0x80070003. I read here that 0x80070005 is...
Tags:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. xbox game pass couldnt set default location

2. when I try to change the install location for xbox gamepass I get error code 0x80070003

3. unable to change saved location error 0x80070003