Windows 10: error 0x80070005 change where new content is saved

Discus and support error 0x80070005 change where new content is saved in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; having some trouble changing drive to save some download apps and games, from default drive C to D even attempting to change drive properties of C:... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by HoCeN0, Jan 30, 2021.

1. HoCeN0 Win User

error 0x80070005 change where new content is saved

having some trouble changing drive to save some download apps and games, from default drive C to D even attempting to change drive properties of C: It seems TrustedInstaller limits users to edit various permissions required to run basic task such as 'change where new content is saved', auditing and accessing folders and subfolders even prompting users to caution from tweaking system/user/administrator properties

:)

HoCeN0, Jan 30, 2021

2. Unable to change where new content is saved.

Just did a clean install of Windows 10 and now In Setting when I try to change where new content is saved I get the following error: "We couldn't set your default save location" "The operation did not complete successfully. Try again later". Error code
    0x80070005. Any Suggestions?

richard000000001, Jan 30, 2021
  3. change where new content is saved error

Could somebody please provide me with a simple solution to this problem please. I am trying to change where new content is saved and I get and error code 0x80070005 when trying to change the (New apps will save toerror 0x80070005 change where new content is saved :). everything other than that has changed
    no problem.

im logged into the only account on the pc as admin I have troubleshooted this with no solution. starting to become frustrating

lWesticusl, Jan 30, 2021
  4. Mel Tar Win User

Mel Tar, Jan 30, 2021
Thema:

1. error 0x80070005 change where new content is saved - Similar Threads - error 0x80070005 change

2. Change where new content is saved error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change where new content is saved error: I am currently having the problem of not being able to change the location that new apps install to. It is currently my C drive but i want to change it do my D drive. When i allow windows to delete the apps from the drive the error code: 0x80070005 appears. From the bit of...
  3. Change where new content is saved error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change where new content is saved error: I am currently having the problem of not being able to change the location that new apps install to. It is currently my C drive but i want to change it do my D drive. When i allow windows to delete the apps from the drive the error code: 0x80070005 appears. From the bit of...
  4. Change where new content is saved 0x80070005 ACSESS DENIED

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Change where new content is saved 0x80070005 ACSESS DENIED: I'm trying to change where new windows apps are installed, however whenever I try to select my other drive I get the error 0x80070005 ACSESS DENIED. This has started after reinstalling windows because of a previous display driver issue. The hard drive I want to select used...
  5. Change where new content is saved error

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change where new content is saved error: Windows wont allow me to change where my apps will save, saying “We couldnt set your desired save location” followed by a string of text with the error code 0x80070005 I reposted this because the person who replied probably gave the right info but their english was a...
  6. Change where new content is saved error

Change where new content is saved error: Windows wont allow me to change where my apps will save, saying “We couldnt set your desired save location” followed by a string of text with the error code 0x80070005...
  7. Change where the new content is saved

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Change where the new content is saved: I cannot change the drive where new applications should be installed. Error code 0x80070005 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-where-the-new-content-is-saved/6e5995b8-a124-4d44-911e-93b3087d43ed
  8. Change where new content is saved.

Change where new content is saved.: I have a new Laptop, 2 drives, OS and DATA. I want all my files that would be stored under user's downloads, pictures, documents etc to be automatically stored on the DATA drive, leaving me space for my apps on OS. Any ideas how I do this as the settings for changing where...
  9. change where new content is saved error

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    change where new content is saved error: Could somebody please provide me with a simple solution to this problem please. I am trying to change where new content is saved and I get and error code 0x80070005 when trying to change the (New apps will save to:). everything other than that has changed no problem. im...
  10. Can't select other partition in "Change where new content is saved" (0x80070005)

Can't select other partition in "Change where new content is saved" (0x80070005): The issue is connected to Xbox Beta app. At least it originated there and spread. I have one HDD drive split to two partitions (C - system, D - the rest). I decided to move the games from Xbox Beta app to drive D. I've changed it succesfully, but in the process my drive was...
Tags: