Windows 10: Error 0x80070005 trying to change new apps location to D:

Discus and support Error 0x80070005 trying to change new apps location to D: in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I want to change the new apps location to D:, but everytime it appears the error 0x80070005. I've been looking into the forums and nothing works. I... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by BernardoGodinho1997, Feb 22, 2021.

1. Error 0x80070005 trying to change new apps location to D:

I want to change the new apps location to D:, but everytime it appears the error 0x80070005.

I've been looking into the forums and nothing works.

I think this is one of the reasons why I can't install Sea of Thieves on D:

Can someone help?

:)

BernardoGodinho1997, Feb 22, 2021
  2. gnabbo Win User

Can't change default storage location / error Error 0x80070005

Hi I've bought flight simulator 2020 and I'm trying to download it however it tells me I can't download it because '' this location is not setup for installing games ''.

Error 0x80070005 trying to change new apps location to D: [​IMG]

it is in Dutch btw,

It redirects me to here

When i try to change it from my ssd to hdd it gives me an error code = Error 0x80070005

I found quite a lot of same posts on the internet about it. They you to give your self full permission in the packages folder. I already have that however. The help ends here from the internet and I don't know what to do now.

gnabbo, Feb 22, 2021
  3. Getting an error message when trying to change app install location.

Ultimately I am attempting to install a game. There is not enough room on my c: drive to do this so I go to change the app install location and it tells me there are app's from another device installed on D: drive would you like to remove them to install.
    I click yes I get the permissions error 0x80070005. I have searched high and low and tried all different cmd prompts to no avail.

• my account is and administrator.
    • I have removed all apps from D :drive
    • I have created an alternate administrator account no change.
    • I have updated to the newest version
    • I troubleshot the update it came back saying it had fixed the issue no change.
    Please help this is driving me nuts.

RichardKyme, Feb 22, 2021
  4. Error 0x80070005 trying to change new apps location to D:

Windows won't let me change new app location. Error 0x80070005

I recently did a reinstall of windows on my computer as the windows security had stopped working (it fixed the issue) and it messed with my windows apps. All of them said they needed reinstalled, so I went to go reinstall them.

I tried changing the location for "New apps will save too:" to my D: Drive, where they used to be saved, but I'm getting hit with "We couldn't set your default save location." (Error code 0x80070005)

I don't mind having to uninstall all my windows 10 apps from the Microsoft Store, I just want the situation fixed. Anyone have a solution?

TristanWeide, Feb 22, 2021
Thema:

Error 0x80070005 trying to change new apps location to D:

1. Error 0x80070005 trying to change new apps location to D: - Similar Threads - Error 0x80070005 trying

2. I can't change new apps location. Error 0x80070005.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    I can't change new apps location. Error 0x80070005.: I recently subscribed to game pass and tried to install a game.Since i don't have enough space on c: i tried to install it somewhere else,but that didn't work.If i try to change the location for new apps in windows it asks me if i want to "delete other apps" and gives me the...
  3. Can not change default location fo d drive error 0x80070005

Can not change default location fo d drive error 0x80070005: I have been having this issue for some time. I am wanting to install Ark survival evolved on my d drive, when i select it in the drop down box and click install nothing happens. When i try to change the default location to d drive through systems - storage i get the error...
  4. Im trying to change default download location.. but I get error 0x80070005

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Im trying to change default download location.. but I get error 0x80070005: Hello! I have been searching for a fix to this problem for ages without any success. I have been trying to change my download location to my D drive but it doesn't work. It displays a error message that says error code: 0x8007005. Does anybody have a fix for this problem?...
  5. Changing app install location, error code: 0x80070005

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Changing app install location, error code: 0x80070005: Hello guys! I want to download the Forza Horizon 4, but i cant change the installation storage.. i tried to change the default installation hard drive and i got the 'delete other applications' and i got that error code.. I tried to get full access to my profiles, but nothing...
  6. I can't change where new apps are saved error 0x80070005

in Windows 10 Customization
    I can't change where new apps are saved error 0x80070005: So I want to download and install Halo on my PC from Gamepass. When I go to install, I have to pick between my C drive, which doesn't have enough space, and my D drive the one I want to install it to. When I click on D drive, it tells me that I can't, because it isn't my...
  7. Can't change default app save location to D: drive - error code 0x80070005

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't change default app save location to D: drive - error code 0x80070005: Cannot change the default save location to D: drive in settings . Gives error code 0x80070005 and says we couldn't save your default location. Try again in a bit. Without it nothing from the windows store is downloading to the hdd , as space on C drive is low. The install...
  8. Can't change default storage location / error Error 0x80070005

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't change default storage location / error Error 0x80070005: Hi I've bought flight simulator 2020 and I'm trying to download it however it tells me I can't download it because '' this location is not setup for installing games ''. [img] it is in Dutch btw, It redirects me to here [img] When i try to change it from my ssd to...
  9. Error 0x80070005 when trying to change which drive apps to download on

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Error 0x80070005 when trying to change which drive apps to download on: I've tried just about everything there is, and I've called support 7 times today, the issue will isn't fixed. Please, help submitted by /u/SaucyTomatoes [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/icc9ie/error_0x80070005_when_trying_to_change_which/
  10. Windows won't let me change new app location. Error 0x80070005

Windows won't let me change new app location. Error 0x80070005: I recently did a reinstall of windows on my computer as the windows security had stopped working (it fixed the issue) and it messed with my windows apps. All of them said they needed reinstalled, so I went to go reinstall them. I tried changing the location for "New apps...