Windows 10: Error 0x80070026 when trying to use System Restore from WinRE

Discus and support Error 0x80070026 when trying to use System Restore from WinRE in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; After installing a Bluetooth driver, my mouse and keyboard no longer work. I have tried using another keyboard and mouse, but they also don't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by James Dee1, Feb 26, 2024.

1. Error 0x80070026 when trying to use System Restore from WinRE

After installing a Bluetooth driver, my mouse and keyboard no longer work. I have tried using another keyboard and mouse, but they also don't work.However, I am able to get into the windows recovery environment, and my keyboard and mouse work there. From WinRE the most promising option seems to be System Restore, however I encounter the error 0x80070026.

:)

James Dee1, Feb 26, 2024

2. System Restore Error 0x81000203

Good day,

We can see here that you are having issues performing system restore on your computer. Having said that, we need to determine the cause of this problem. Before we proceed, may we know the following:

• Any changes made on the computer prior to this concern?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • Are you getting any error messages when trying to perform system restore? If so, can you send us a screenshot?
      Note: Please do not include any personal information.
    • Have you performed all the suggested troubleshooting steps found on this thread?

Desiree Yau, Feb 26, 2024
  3. windows 10 system restore error 0x80070026 help

Hi,

To assist you better, provide us with the following information:

• Were there any changes made to your computer prior to this concern?
    • What were you trying to do when you received this error?

For possible resolution, see the options below:

Method 1:

Perform a clean boot in Windows to determine what conflict is causing the problem. Follow the steps on this

link

Method 2:

Temporarily disable antivirus software (and any other security software) and firewall on your computer. If disabling the antivirus software fixes the problem, you may have to configure the settings
    of the antivirus program accordingly.

Note: Make sure you enable the antivirus software,
    other security programs, and firewall.

Antivirus software can help protect your computer against viruses and other security threats. In most cases, you shouldn't disable your antivirus software. If you have to temporarily disable it to install other software, you should re-enable it as
    soon as you're done. If you're connected to the Internet or to a network while your antivirus software is disabled, your computer is vulnerable to virus attacks.

Method 3:

We found this
    thread
    (see Abdul_Malik's answer), it includes instructions on how to resolve the error you are getting. Other community members found it helpful. Give it a try.

You can try and see if it will restore deleted Chrome bookmarks since restoring won’t affect your personal files, but it will remove apps, drivers, and updates installed after the restore point was made. See this

link
    as a reference.

Let us know how it goes.

Lizette Ags, Feb 26, 2024
  4. Error 0x80070026 when trying to use System Restore from WinRE

Windows Update error 0x80070026

We appreciate your time and effort for getting back to us and I apologize for the delay in responding.

I’m sorry to know your issue is still unresolved.

The Windows Update 0x80070026 error may be caused by windows system files damage

Let us try the following methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: Perform System File Checker (SFC) scan.

SFC scan will scan for corrupt system files on the computer and repair them.

• Press Windows key + X, click Command Prompt (Admin).
    • In the Command Prompt, type the following command, and then press ENTER:
    sfc /scannow

If the issue persists then follow the below method.

Method 2: DISM Commands.

Fix Windows corruption errors by using the DISM.

I would suggest you to run DISM commands from Command Prompt (Admin).

Follow the below steps:

1. Press Windows + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin).

2. Type the following commands in command prompt one by one and press Enter after each command.

Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth

Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth

Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

I would suggest you to download and install the updates from the download center.

Hope the above information was helpful.

If you need further assistance, please do let us know and we would be happy to help you.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Feb 26, 2024
Thema:

Error 0x80070026 when trying to use System Restore from WinRE

1. Error 0x80070026 when trying to use System Restore from WinRE - Similar Threads - Error 0x80070026 trying

2. System Restore Error 0x80070026

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System Restore Error 0x80070026: Hello! I've been banging my head against the wall trying to figure this out and it's driving me crazy. I'm trying to do a system restore from a past restore point. When I tried to do it just on the desktop and not in safe mode I received this error number "0x8007045b". So...
  3. System Restore Error 0x80070026

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System Restore Error 0x80070026: Hello! I've been banging my head against the wall trying to figure this out and it's driving me crazy. I'm trying to do a system restore from a past restore point. When I tried to do it just on the desktop and not in safe mode I received this error number "0x8007045b". So...
  4. Error 0x80070026 when trying to use System Restore from WinRE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error 0x80070026 when trying to use System Restore from WinRE: After installing a Bluetooth driver, my mouse and keyboard no longer work. I have tried using another keyboard and mouse, but they also don't work.However, I am able to get into the windows recovery environment, and my keyboard and mouse work there. From WinRE the most...
  5. Error 0x80070026 when trying to use System Restore from WinRE

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Error 0x80070026 when trying to use System Restore from WinRE: After installing a Bluetooth driver, my mouse and keyboard no longer work. I have tried using another keyboard and mouse, but they also don't work.However, I am able to get into the windows recovery environment, and my keyboard and mouse work there. From WinRE the most...
  6. System Restore does not work and returns the following error 0x80070026

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System Restore does not work and returns the following error 0x80070026: Tried to update the driver of my Bluetooth card, upon installation, there was a Windows notification asking to restart.After restarting my wired keyboard and mouse don't workIt still boots to the Windows login screen, but without a keyboard and mouse, I'm not sure what to...
  7. System Restore does not work and returns the following error 0x80070026

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System Restore does not work and returns the following error 0x80070026: Tried to update the driver of my Bluetooth card, upon installation, there was a Windows notification asking to restart.After restarting my wired keyboard and mouse don't workIt still boots to the Windows login screen, but without a keyboard and mouse, I'm not sure what to...
  8. Fix Error 0x80070026 for Windows Update or System Restore

in Windows 10 News
    Fix Error 0x80070026 for Windows Update or System Restore: [ATTACH]This post suggests ways to fix error 0x80070026 for Windows Update or System Restore. Several users have faced this issue that when they try to update Windows or perform a System Restore – the process doesn’t complete and they receive this 0x80070026 error. Error...
  9. 0x80070026 System Restore error regarding "AppxStaging"

0x80070026 System Restore error regarding "AppxStaging": Can somebody fix or at least shine some light on this very common problem? I was forced to do a clean install of Windows 10 three weeks ago because every attempt to fix this problem failed, System Restore would suddenly decide that it would no longer work and that it would...
  10. System Restore Error 0x80070026