Windows 10: Error 0x8007003A when copying files from a network HDD to my desktop

Discus and support Error 0x8007003A when copying files from a network HDD to my desktop in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I get the above error copying from a network HDD connected via usb to my router. This only began happening when I got a Windows 11 laptop and only... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Chris Ball3, Mar 20, 2023.

1. Error 0x8007003A when copying files from a network HDD to my desktop

I get the above error copying from a network HDD connected via usb to my router. This only began happening when I got a Windows 11 laptop and only happens on that device. I also have two Windows 10 devices and an Android phone which work fine. I even recently changed my ISP and got a different router, but the same thing happens. If I try to open the file it may tell me it is corrupt or not the right format. Next time I try it may work fine or may not.I've only seen one similar question on this forum concerning printer network storage but there was no posted solution.I think the OP gave up a

:)

Chris Ball3, Mar 20, 2023

2. Error 0x8007003A when copying files from a printer network folder to my desktop

When I try to copy files from a shared network folder hosted on a printer on my desktop, I get the error "0x8007003A The specified server can't perform the requested operation".

The issue is not constant, it present itself at random intervals and goes away without me changing anything at all. The problem present itself on different machines.

Files are very small in size (around 10 mb), and no information on this issue can be found on the internet.

I've been smashing my head on it for a few days alredy, trying different configurations for "internet options" and "security options".

As anyone any idea what could be the cause of the issue?

Mondodimotori, Mar 20, 2023
  3. MohanC Win User
    windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, Mar 20, 2023
  4. temp02 Win User

Error 0x8007003A when copying files from a network HDD to my desktop

Java.nio.file - Copying files

You can't copy a folder, thats why it generates an exception (you are trying to copy a folder using a copy file function).
    You probably need to list all the files inside that folder and copy one by one

temp02, Mar 20, 2023
Thema:

Error 0x8007003A when copying files from a network HDD to my desktop

1. Error 0x8007003A when copying files from a network HDD to my desktop - Similar Threads - Error 0x8007003A copying

2. Error 0x8007003A when copying files from a network HDD to my desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error 0x8007003A when copying files from a network HDD to my desktop: I get the above error copying from a network HDD connected via usb to my router. This only began happening when I got a Windows 11 laptop and only happens on that device. I also have two Windows 10 devices and an Android phone which work fine. I even recently changed my ISP...
  3. Error 0x8007003A when copying files from a printer network folder to my desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error 0x8007003A when copying files from a printer network folder to my desktop: When I try to copy files from a shared network folder hosted on a printer on my desktop, I get the error "0x8007003A The specified server can't perform the requested operation".Files are very small in size around 10 mb, and no information on this issue can be found on the...
  4. Error 0x8007003A when copying files from a printer network folder to my desktop

Error 0x8007003A when copying files from a printer network folder to my desktop: When I try to copy files from a shared network folder hosted on a printer on my desktop, I get the error "0x8007003A The specified server can't perform the requested operation".Files are very small in size around 10 mb, and no information on this issue can be found on the...
  5. Error 0x8007003B when copying large files across network

Error 0x8007003B when copying large files across network: Alright, I've been banging my head against this problem for a few months now and I haven't been able to crack it.I am fully aware that there have been many questions along these lines and many solutions offered...
  6. Error 0x8007003B when copying large files across network...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Error 0x8007003B when copying large files across network...: Error 0x8007003B when copying large files across network... It happens only around 10 Gb or more. What i already tryed Firewall off on both machinesRealtime viruscheking off on both machines.From client windows 10 to server a windows 2019 with a storage pool of 4 disks 10TB...
  7. Copy data from HDD to HDD

Copy data from HDD to HDD: I need to copy 1.5TB of data (audio/video) onto a new 4TB drive and wondered if anyone had recommendations. I need to keep the data on the source drive. Free is good. I did read a post here that suggested Robocopy, but that seems a bit daunting for an old fogie like me....
  8. BSOD when copying files from external HDD to external HDD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD when copying files from external HDD to external HDD: Long story short, I've purchased a 5TB WD Mypassport USB C HDD to replace my 4tb wd my passport and I'm usding syncback to copy over about 2.8TB of backups and what not Twice now I've had it crash while running. I've come back to it and found it has restarted. found the...
  9. Copy files from external HDD to internal HDD faster!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Copy files from external HDD to internal HDD faster!: Hello, Dear Sir / Madam, I have an external HDD of 465 GB and I have 360 GB of space. Please tell me how I can quickly copy files to my internal HDD, how to download speed (move), or if you know any program for this or changes to Quick Move Registry. I mention that I tried...
  10. Error when copying files to HDD's or deleting files.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Error when copying files to HDD's or deleting files.: I recently bought two drives (a 1TB Seagate and a 2 TB WD) off Facebook Marketplace. I know it's a risk to buy used HDD, particularly on Facebook/Craiglist/etc..., but considering the cost I thought it was an acceptable risk. I am having some strange issues with these two...