Windows 10: Error: 0x80070040 while trying to run Ubuntu.exe in Windows10

Discus and support Error: 0x80070040 while trying to run Ubuntu.exe in Windows10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I'm trying to use Ubuntu in Windows using Windows10 WSL feature. I don't have windows store app in my machine. So, I have downloaded... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by PriBk, Jul 17, 2019.

1. PriBk Win User

Error: 0x80070040 while trying to run Ubuntu.exe in Windows10

Hi,

I'm trying to use Ubuntu in Windows using Windows10 WSL feature.

I don't have windows store app in my machine. So, I have downloaded Ubuntu18.04 appx file and extracted the contents. Now, I have Ubuntu18.04.exe to run.

For the first time when I tried to run, it ran successfully. Then for some reason I was trying to uninstall and install it again. The extracted folder to which Ubuntu app is pointing got messed up. So, I have again extracted the files in the same folder. But now when I try to install it again it is throwing me this error.

Error: 0x80070040 while trying to run Ubuntu.exe in Windows10 5c02c409-2c31-4c29-af5c-1676d75d460b?upload=true.png

I tried few online solution where it specified to uninstall Linux using this command:

lxrun /uninstall /full

Even for this I'm getting the same error:

lxrun /uninstall /full

Warning: lxrun.exe is only used to configure the legacy Windows Subsystem for Linux distribution.

Distributions can be installed by visiting the Microsoft Store:

https://aka.ms/wslstore

This will uninstall Ubuntu on Windows.

This will remove the Ubuntu environment as well as any modifications, new applications, and user data.

Type "y" to continue: y

Uninstalling...

Error: 0x80070002

Can someone please help to resolve this issue?

Thanks advance

:)

PriBk, Jul 17, 2019
  2. zithe Win User

Linux Noob - Ubuntu fails on install GRUB error 2

Did you burn the image on the slowest setting possible? Pop your disc in and try checking the disc for errors (booting from the disc). If it has an error on it then you have a bad install.

I just googled your motherboard and ubuntu... This thread is on the list. XD

If it's a bad install I'd suggest a different version of Ubuntu or to try Fedora instead. I had nothing but trouble with 8.04.

Also, try your connections. Sounds stupid but maybe the CD sent it and the hard drive couldn't get it or some weird thing like that. (Talking out my rear end now, but it's worth a shot)

Sorry I couldn't help more. *Frown Error: 0x80070040 while trying to run Ubuntu.exe in Windows10 :(

zithe, Jul 17, 2019
  3. Eric Ber Win User
    Can't run .exe file

Hi Phil,

There are several reasons why you are having issues running .exe files on your Windows 10 laptop. To assist you better, kindly answer the questions below:

• Have you made any changes to your laptop prior to this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • What is the error message that you received when running .exe files?

Regards.

Eric Ber, Jul 17, 2019
  4. Error: 0x80070040 while trying to run Ubuntu.exe in Windows10

Can't run exe file

Hello Mike,

I realize the inconvenience you are facing in running the .exe file. We will help you.

To assist you better, I suggest you to answer the below questions.

• What application are you trying to install?
    • Are you getting any error message when you try to install the application?
    • From where did you download the application?
    Please post to us with ,ore information to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Jul 17, 2019
Thema:

Error: 0x80070040 while trying to run Ubuntu.exe in Windows10

1. Error: 0x80070040 while trying to run Ubuntu.exe in Windows10 - Similar Threads - Error 0x80070040 while

2. System Error @H80004023 Installer Error while trying to run a program.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    System Error @H80004023 Installer Error while trying to run a program.: This is a strange one that may take a bit to explain. I have a non-Microsoft program called DXKeeper that I've been using on my PC for a number of years. But now when I try to run it, I get this message:OK, but there's a lot of history on this before getting here. Most...
  3. Dual boot Ubuntu with Windows10 already on it

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Dual boot Ubuntu with Windows10 already on it: I want to dual boot Win10 and Ubuntu, more precisley I want to install Ubuntu on my laptop that already has a Win10. I checked my system it's UEFI so Grub should work fine for swirching between the operating systems (I'm guessing at least). My question is there something to...
  4. "Service failed to run w/err 0x00000427" while trying to run a service's exe. file. Details...

"Service failed to run w/err 0x00000427" while trying to run a service's exe. file. Details...: The service that I am trying to run is Antares Central Services.exe which is a "must have" to open a music plugin installer, called Antares Central. I am totally sure about every information I gave and will give. There is two exes in the folder. One is "Antares Central", and...
  5. Error 0x005661e3 while trying to open an .exe

Error 0x005661e3 while trying to open an .exe: It just appears when I try to open a game, can someone help me with that? Thank you submitted by /u/R3dVulp3x [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fzr3h9/error_0x005661e3_while_trying_to_open_an_exe/
  6. JIT debugging error while trying to run driver4vr

in Windows 10 Customization
    JIT debugging error while trying to run driver4vr: hi so im getting a jit debugging error when I try and run driver4vr on my computer and idk what to do any suggestions? ***Original title: jit debugging error***...
  7. Deleted Windows, while trying to install Ubuntu

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Deleted Windows, while trying to install Ubuntu: I was trying to install Ubuntu side by side with windows, and accidentally deleted the windows os that came with my pc. How can I reinstall windows and can I use the license that came with this pc?...
  8. WinHlp32.exe support in WINDOWS10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WinHlp32.exe support in WINDOWS10: Hi, We have some content to display which is in .hlp format. We are using WINHELP() API to display the help content which worked fine till windows xp and windows 7. We see now that winhlp32.exe is deprecated in windows 10 and content is not displayed when used WINHELP()...
  9. Install Windows10 from Ubuntu 18.04

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Install Windows10 from Ubuntu 18.04: Hi everyone, First of all, sorry for my english, it's not my native language, and i hope i'll be clear in my explanations. :) Recently, a friend of mine gave me a notebook, with Ubuntu 18.04 already installed on it. However, i want to replace it with Windows 10. So i bought...
  10. Install Windows10 from Ubuntu 18.04

in Windows 10 Support
    Install Windows10 from Ubuntu 18.04: Hi everyone, First of all, sorry for my english, it's not my native language, and i hope i'll be clear in my explanations. :) Recently, a friend of mine gave me a notebook, with Ubuntu 18.04 already installed on it. However, i want to replace it with Windows 10. So i bought...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. WSL 0x80070040

2. install ubuntu with windows 10 virtual unusable

3. wsl install error 80070040

4. windows 10 error 0x80070040,
  5. Ubuntu Error: 0x80070040