Windows 10: error 0x80070057 when trying to take a still image from video in media player

Discus and support error 0x80070057 when trying to take a still image from video in media player in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I am trying to take images from video footage without changing the image quality by screenshotting, there is an option of save photo from video in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by LeeHumphreys1, Apr 14, 2020.

1. error 0x80070057 when trying to take a still image from video in media player

Hi, I am trying to take images from video footage without changing the image quality by screenshotting, there is an option of save photo from video in the edit section but when i click it, it comes up with this error 0x80070057

I am unsure of what to do to get my still images from these video files which are MOV files and range from 500MB-3GB. I thought also i could download a free media player app but am unsure of a reliable one.

If you know of any ways to get these stills or if you know of any apps or software that would be greatly appreciated

:)

LeeHumphreys1, Apr 14, 2020

2. Error (Video) Media Player Windows 10

Hi Lu,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

Please share the details.

• Do you see any error code or error message on the screen?

• Is there any particular Video or video format causing the issue?

I suggest you to download and install the latest graphics drivers from your computer manufacturer website and check if it helps.

If the issue persists, Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Media player. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the
      view all option on the left panel
    • Run the Windows Media player settings and Windows Media player library
    If the issue persist download the Windows media player

I suggest you to download the latest Windows Media Player from the below link.

Download Windows Media Player 10 from Official Microsoft Download Center

I hope the issue will be resolved. Please keep us posted on the issue. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Aswin_Anand, Apr 14, 2020
  3. Yaqub K Win User
    windows media player

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

What is the exact error message you get when you to try play files on Windows Media Player?

I suggest you to run both Windows Media Player Library and Settings troubleshooter and check.

Step 1: If your computer is having problems playing video or audio files in Windows Media Player, try using the Windows Media Player Settings troubleshooter to fix the problem. The troubleshooter checks the configuration and network settings
    for Windows Media Player to make sure that you can play content you've downloaded and saved to your computer, or content streaming over a network or the Internet.

Steps to run Windows Media Player Settings troubleshooter are as follows:

• Press Windows key + X and select Control Panel.
    • In the search box, type troubleshooter, and then click
      Troubleshooting.
    • Click View all, and then click Windows Media Player Settings
      and follow the instructions.

Step 2: If your computer is having problems accessing your collection of digital media files in the Windows Media Player Library, try using the Windows Media Player Library troubleshooter to fix the problem. The troubleshooter makes sure
    Windows Media Player is correctly installed on your computer, and checks to see whether your Player Library is corrupted.

Steps to run Windows Media Player Settings troubleshooter are as follows:

• Press Windows key + X and select Control Panel.
    • In the search box, type troubleshooter, and then click
      Troubleshooting.
    • Click View all, and then click Windows Media Player Library
      and follow the instructions.

Please reply us on the status of the issue to assist you further.

Yaqub K, Apr 14, 2020
  4. Mayra Aqu Win User

error 0x80070057 when trying to take a still image from video in media player

Windows Media player

Hi,

Invalid file format or incorrect video codec are some of the possibilities why some videos or audios are not playing on Windows Media Player. To isolate the root cause of the issue, kindly answer the following questions:

• Which version of Windows Media Player are you using? (kindly click this
      link
      to determine the version of it.)
    • Were you able to play the videos and audios using other player?
    • Did you receive any error messages when you try to play a specific video/file?
    • Can you send us a screenshot of it?

In the meantime, we suggest running the built-in troubleshooter on the Control Panel for us to identify the root cause of the issue and provide fix for it. Kindly follow the steps below:

• Open Cortana and type Control Panel.
    • On the search bar, at the upper right corner, type Troubleshooting
      and click it.
    • Under Control Panel Home, choose View all.
    • Double-click the application and follow the instructions. (Do it on all Microsoft Media Player related category.)

error 0x80070057 when trying to take a still image from video in media player 53915452-6f3b-4da6-82de-6a0aeea7eb4c.png

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Mayra Aqu, Apr 14, 2020
Thema:

error 0x80070057 when trying to take a still image from video in media player

1. error 0x80070057 when trying to take a still image from video in media player - Similar Threads - error 0x80070057 trying

2. error when trying to trim videos with videos app 0x80070057

in Windows 10 Gaming
    error when trying to trim videos with videos app 0x80070057: I have already repaired and reset the app but it just gives me that same error. It only seems to happen with videos on my external drive though so that may have something to do with it...
  3. error when trying to trim videos with videos app 0x80070057

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    error when trying to trim videos with videos app 0x80070057: I have already repaired and reset the app but it just gives me that same error. It only seems to happen with videos on my external drive though so that may have something to do with it...
  4. Video editor error 0x80070057

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Video editor error 0x80070057: I am not able to start a new project. When i click new video project i get this error message saying: "Try to reopen the project. Wait a moment before trying again. Here's the error code in case you need it.: 0x80070057" I have done what's asked a multiple of times, even...
  5. Video Editor Error 0x80070057

in Windows 10 Customization
    Video Editor Error 0x80070057: Microsoft I have a very annoying problem with this windows video editor, I'm a YouTuber so i can edit videos on the video editor but just a few days ago, I was ready to edit one of my latest videos but an error showed up, it said: Try Opening this project again the project...
  6. Error 0x80070057 when trying to install something

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Error 0x80070057 when trying to install something: In this occasion I am trying to install a JAR file, I downloaded it from: http://files.minecraftforge.net/maven/net/minecraftforge/forge/index_1.12.2.html It is a verified site and there are currently very few people who have this type of error, I have followed different...
  7. video in Windows Media Player

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    video in Windows Media Player: I have shot a video on my camera in portrait orientation. Can I now rotate it into landscape within Windows Media Player? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/video-in-windows-media-player/a9deb9da-f86c-403e-8bd5-98011065a2f8
  8. Error: 0x80070057 when trying to update Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Error: 0x80070057 when trying to update Windows 10: I keep trying to update my computer to Windows 10 and it always fails on the last step saying that Windows 10 has failed to install. Then I get the error code 0x80070057. It says before the update begins that my computer has the correct conditions to update but always fails....
  9. Trying to play an uploaded video with Windows Media Player

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Trying to play an uploaded video with Windows Media Player: When I try the same error message keeps coming up! What does 'server execution failed' mean? and how do I fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/trying-to-play-an-uploaded-video-with-windows/c1d0fb31-f31a-483d-bbf8-4177288d5aad
  10. adding video to media player

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    adding video to media player: How do I add a video to Media Player? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/adding-video-to-media-player/40284536-5d46-4c2d-8a48-89d717855a87"

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Cant open photo from video 0x80070057