Windows 10: Error: 0x800700657, when syncing emails on Mail app

Discus and support Error: 0x800700657, when syncing emails on Mail app in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I was trying to sync the email to window10 mail app on computer. It successfully logged in with the account but could not sync any information with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by olieee, Jan 18, 2019.

1. olieee Win User

Error: 0x800700657, when syncing emails on Mail app

I was trying to sync the email to window10 mail app on computer.

It successfully logged in with the account but could not sync any information with error code of 0x800700657.

I deleted the account and re-setup the account, but still didn't work.

***Original title: Syncing email***

:)

olieee, Jan 18, 2019
  2. s427 Win User

Google account (mail / calendar) not syncing in Windows 10

I'm having a problem with the default Mail and Calendar apps in Windows 10. For a while I was able to sync my Google account emails (Gmail) and calendar in those apps, but about a week ago, it has stopped working: the calendar is empty (no events, and no calendars listed), and the emails that were already synced are still there, but syncing doesn't bring any new email.

I tried deleting my Google account from the mail (or calendar) app, by going to "settings -> accounts", and then re-creating the account. I did that three times. Each time I was able to complete the following steps:

1. enter my Gmail address,
    2. then my Google account password,
    3. then the confirmation code sent by SMS,
    4. and finally got to the screen "Windows would like to..." (permissions listing), on which I clicked "Accept" (obviously).

The first time, I then got a Windows message "Something went wrong", followed by an error code (I didn't write it down).

The second time, I didn't get this error message, so it looked like the account was successfully created (it appeared in my accounts list in the settings of those apps), but nothing was synced: both apps (mail / calendar) remained empty. (I tried syncing manually by clicking the sync button in the mail app: still nothing, even though the app confirmed that it was "up to date".)

For my third attempt, I had found this question, so I went and created an "app password" in my Google account, specifically for those apps. But when I got to the password screen (step 2 described above) and entered this app password instead of my regular account password, I got an error message (from Google) asking me to enter my account password and not an app password. So I did that, and that got me exactly the same result as my second attempt (account created but nothing synced).

I also tried both answers given on the same question (first via "settings > accounts > add account > Other account", and second via "settings > accounts > add account > Advanced setup"), but none of them worked for me (again, account created but nothing synced).

Has anyone experienced the same problems? How can I make this work?

UPDATE: a few months back (early October 2015) I received an email from Microsoft inviting me to "reconnect to Google" (that was the title of the email). I ignored it for a while, but recently followed the steps in this email and now everything seems to be working fine. So I'm guessing that MS somehow fixed whatever bug it was.

3. kjdawson1 Win User
    Email addresses in People app does not open up in the mail app

I have windows 10. Previously in the people app when you clicked on a persons email you had the option to open the email in the mail app. Now when I click on any persons email whether it is gmail or outlook et al, it no longer gives me a choice to open in the mail app.... rather it just opens up my browser. This is for every email address I have in the people app. One more thing for your clarification. The mail app is synced with the people app because when I insert a name in the "to" box, the email addresses from the contact list show up as options. So I don't think this is a syncing issue. The problem is that you can't use the people app to email anyone because all it does is open up a browser when you click on the emaill address in the people app. Any Suggestions?

kjdawson1, Jan 18, 2019
  4. Error: 0x800700657, when syncing emails on Mail app

Mail app in WIndows 10 is not syncing with ISP's Email

HI,

Mail App is not Syncing in windows 10 with ISP's Email

Email: @Hawaii.rr.com

Tried syncing it and its keep on syncing from last 24-48hrs and its not doing this.

Tried this step:

Mail app synchronizes the mails automatically. However as the mails are not synced you may try to sync it manually and check if the mails appear in the inbox.

• Open Mail app.

• Click on the Options icon from the top left.

• Click on the refresh button.

• Check if the emails are synced.

Error: 0x800700657, when syncing emails on Mail app 485ff5d2-f137-4636-9de4-f0520830ff1f.png

Error: 0x800700657, when syncing emails on Mail app 68b1223d-d47b-4d46-a4dd-4708d73a0915.png

Please help me if you have any other steps to perform.

Thanx

Piyush

piyush_22may, Jan 18, 2019
Thema:

Error: 0x800700657, when syncing emails on Mail app

1. Error: 0x800700657, when syncing emails on Mail app - Similar Threads - Error 0x800700657 syncing

2. Mail app won't sync emails

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mail app won't sync emails: I've just bought a new laptop and the Mail app downloads my emails initially but then won'tsync. I have two Gmail accounts and an Optus account. I get an error code 0X80072745 in the Optus account.Can anyone help?...
  3. Mail app won't sync emails

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mail app won't sync emails: I've just bought a new laptop and the Mail app downloads my emails initially but then won'tsync. I have two Gmail accounts and an Optus account. I get an error code 0X80072745 in the Optus account.Can anyone help?...
  4. Syncing email in Mail app

Syncing email in Mail app: Got a new computer Windows 10. Setting up email acccounts. Won't synch - says I have to very my identity. Any solutions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/syncing-email-in-mail-app/22db2b4e-1bda-4efe-b1c2-a6cdf642bd60
  5. People App Not Saving Emails And Not Syncing With Mail

People App Not Saving Emails And Not Syncing With Mail: Hi, I have been trying to make a group contact in the people app but it won't save the emails. It creates the contact card but it won't save the emails to it. When I create it it says the emails are there but then they disappear when I search for it later. Tried making just...
  6. Emails not syncing in Windows 10 Mail app

Emails not syncing in Windows 10 Mail app: Hi, I wonder if anyone can help with this, I'm going around in circles .. Scenario; Start desktop PC, Windows 10 starts normally. Open Windows 10 Mail and Calendar app to view mail. Mail app opens, it shows mail in inbox list, but no recently synced mail. Click on other...
  7. syncing email address on mail app

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    syncing email address on mail app: I managed to log in with the account but I was unable to sync my email address on Mail app with the error code 0x800700657. I tried to delete and re-setup the account, but it didn’t help....
  8. Mail App not Syncing Mail

Mail App not Syncing Mail: I recently got a new laptop and logged into my outlook account on the default windows 10 account and it wont sync any recent emails, just emails from May 2018 and before. So could someone please help!!!...
  9. Windows 10 Mail app not automatically syncing email.

in Browsers and Email
    Windows 10 Mail app not automatically syncing email.: Hi, I hope someone can help with this problem. The Mail app is no longer syncing my email automatically. I have to open the app and click the sync button manually for email to update. I see the app no longer runs in the background as it did when I first upgraded to...
  10. Mail App showing error code when syncing

in Browsers and Email
    Mail App showing error code when syncing: I've done a Google search and I couldn't find anything so I came here, I keep getting the Error code: 0x80070032 when I click 'Sync this view' does anybody know a fix to this? Thanks 22909

Users found this page by searching for:

1. error code 0x80000b mail app