Windows 10: Error 0x800700DF registry fix not working

Discus and support Error 0x800700DF registry fix not working in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I'm encountering error 0x800700DF when copying a file on my work server - not using SharePoint and not when copying it on a USB drive -, I applied the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Redbudtree, Feb 14, 2020.

1. Error 0x800700DF registry fix not working

I'm encountering error 0x800700DF when copying a file on my work server - not using SharePoint and not when copying it on a USB drive -, I applied the FileSizeLimitInBytes registry fix, on both decimal and hexadecimal values, it's not working.

Clean Boot did nothing.

I have scanned my computer using MalwareBytes Pro; no viruses or malware.

I tried the operation in Safe mode, same problem.

File location/name is less than 255 characters.

Any suggestions on how to make it work?

:)

Redbudtree, Feb 14, 2020

2. Error 0x800700DF fix not working

Hi Mike,

Thank you for giving us an opportunity to assist you with the query.

I understand the inconvenience caused, now that you have me with you let me take care of this.

I suggest you to place the computer in a clean boot state and check if there are any software conflicts.

Clean Boot state helps in identifying if any third party applications or startup items are causing the issue.

Follow the article How to perform a clean boot in Windows in the below link and check if it helps:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135

Note: Once you perform clean boot do refer to the section
    How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting to boot the computer in normal mode.

Registry Disclaimer: This section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow
    these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry.

Refer: How to back up and restore the registry in Windows

Hope it helps.

Let us know the status, we are glad to assist you further.

Abdul_Malik, Feb 14, 2020
  3. Error 0x800700DF fix not working

Do you have any idea how a computer actually works??? I mean, **** is wrong with you posting this unrelated sheit??? And I suppose you are going to repeat post it too, right? Damn microsoft bots - annoying as ****!

microzoft . net, Feb 14, 2020
  4. Kursah Win User

Error 0x800700DF registry fix not working

BSOD - Registry Error

Your BSOD code is 0X000000051

Here's the Google search I did for it: https://www.google.com/search?q=0x0...j5.399j0j7&sourceid=chrome&es_sm=122&ie=UTF-8

There is a hotfix available that might help, https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/810558

This thread makes a few good suggestions too: http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-hel...dows-7-pro-sp1-registry-error-0x00000051.html

+1 to listing your full system specs, OS version, etc. I did only look at your BSOD log file.

Run a Diskchk /R (I know you already ran one, so you can skip this)

Run SFC /SCANNOW

Report back.

Kursah, Feb 14, 2020
Thema:

Error 0x800700DF registry fix not working

1. Error 0x800700DF registry fix not working - Similar Threads - Error 0x800700DF registry

2. How to fix explorer ribbon with registry

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to fix explorer ribbon with registry: [ATTACH] In short: I used a program a while back that removed the ribbon in my file explorer entirely. Haven't figured out how to get it back ever since. I tried another registry key, but that didn't really work as i know have this small white menubar in my explorer at all...
  3. Xbox Game Bar Registry fix?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Xbox Game Bar Registry fix?: I sent my PC in to be fixed.for an issue, and they ended up running a bunch of 'optimization' scripts that broke a whole lot of stuff. Game bar doesn't respond to Win+G and when I try to enable it in the settings the slider just defaults back to 'off'. I've narrowed down to...
  4. Registry key to edit to fix this problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Registry key to edit to fix this problem: Hi Microsoft, I recently got a virus in my computer running Windows 10 and it probably corrupted or changed something in the registry that caused it to show the error below. [ATTACH] This should be a registry problem as the following ways below I tried didn't work: 1 Safe...
  5. Windows 10, Error 1935; Fix with RegistrySizeLimit - but key is missing in registry.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10, Error 1935; Fix with RegistrySizeLimit - but key is missing in registry.: Windows 10, Error 1935 during application installations, Fixes refere to RegistrySizeLimit in Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control, - but RegistrySizeLimit key does not exist in the registry !...
  6. How do I fix the registry error: "Invalid value for registry mp4"

How do I fix the registry error: "Invalid value for registry mp4": Would like to know how to fix the registry error: "Invalid value for registry mp4" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-fix-the-registry-error-invalid-value-for/d9423e8b-f61c-4a1f-b5cf-bbd213f3ea59
  7. Registry error

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Registry error: How to fix this error[IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/registry-error/32b73af9-b786-4d3c-b3d5-547812297d5c"
  8. BSOD Registry Error

BSOD Registry Error: Dual boot, W7 is the default OS. Start up boots into W10TP instead of BIOS selection screen without asking for password. Chrome won't open, reboot, asks for password this time and get Chrome back, somehow! Posting in a forum, BSOD for registry error. This is the first BSOD...
  9. Registry error bsod

Registry error bsod: I'm getting a bsod that says "registry_error" after about 3 minutes of being booted up. I've tried the sfc/scannow but it can't complete. It says "Windows Resource Protection could not start the repair service. tried running sfc/scannow in safe mode as well with the same...
  10. Repairing registry errors?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Repairing registry errors?: I have used Glary Utilities for years. It finds a few registry errors and seems to do no harm. Today I downloaded Avira System Speedup. It found 3147 registry errors and 22826 junk files. I ran Glary and it found 11 registry errors. Could it possibly be safe to let...