Windows 10: Error 0x800700e9 when installing any game using Xbox for PC app

Discus and support Error 0x800700e9 when installing any game using Xbox for PC app in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi,Im currently running Windows 11 Pro OS build 22000.318.I've had this error persist over the last week and can not find any fix whatsoever on any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by JamesPetrie1, Dec 7, 2021.

1. Error 0x800700e9 when installing any game using Xbox for PC app

Hi,Im currently running Windows 11 Pro OS build 22000.318.I've had this error persist over the last week and can not find any fix whatsoever on any forums Have spent several hours lookingWhenever I start a new download of a game via Xbox for PC app version 2112.1001.9.0, I get the error 0x80070e9 as soon as the download begins.This occurs on every single game I have tried.I have tried multiple restarts, repairing and restarting windows store When i search for the same games in Windows store it shows 'Open in Xbox PC' so I cannot download in the store, running SFC, restarting xbox client wi

:)

JamesPetrie1, Dec 7, 2021

2. Xbox PC App Error

We appreciate your response and cooperation regarding this matter. Based on your reply, it appears that you need to enable the Xbox services to ensure that the app is up and running. You may follow the steps below to enable Xbox Live services:

• Press the Start button and type Services on the search box.
    • On the list of services, look for Xbox Live Auth Manager,
      Xbox Live Game Save, and Xbox Live Networking Service.

The next steps should be done to the three mentioned services above:

• Right click on the service and select Properties.
    • Set the Startup type to Automatic. If the service isn't started, click
      Start.
    • Save the changes.
    • Launch the Xbox App and sign in to your account again.

Let us know if you are able to sign in after performing the suggested solutions above.

Loraine Mon, Dec 7, 2021
  3. Rose W Win User
    XBox install gaming overlay error daily-

I don't use or have anything to do with XBox. In fact I have no idea what it is. I'm assuming now that it is a gaming software. The constant error for the past month of June and to date displayed in relmonitor is :
    'Installation Failure: Windows failed to install the following update with error 0x800700B7: 9NZKPSTSNW4P-Microsoft.XboxGamingOverlay.'

I found the powershell administrative level commands to uninstall Xbox in the forum tutorials.
    (To remove Xbox app from all current accounts on PC)
    powershell -command "Get-appxpackage -allusers *Microsoft.XboxApp* | Remove-AppxPackage"

So although I have never installed this xbox I'm interpreting that this command is to remove it from the list of items that are possible to install.
    Will this signal to Microsoft to stop downloading the gaming overlay item?
    Should this command be run as well
    'powershell -command "Get-appxpackage -allusers *Microsoft.XboxGamingOverlay* | Remove-AppxPackage"

Rose W, Dec 7, 2021
  4. Error 0x800700e9 when installing any game using Xbox for PC app

xbox game streaming not working on pc

Thanks for responding, i have already tried everything in that forum article and the phone support has tried everything with me too

things that i tried:

• changing wifi networks
    • resetting my computer
    • reinstalling the Xbox app
    • resetting the Xbox
    • changing just about every setting in the Xbox and the Xbox app
    • changing settings in the router
    • reinstalling drivers on my computer
    • using different controllers
    Also when I open the Xbox app on my pc sometimes i am able to connect when the Xbox is turned on but not if it is off(it is set to instant on), but once I'm connected i can test game streaming and it will say all good but when i actually go to use it the
    app just crashed with no error code.

Also i do not know if this is related or not but the home screen in the Xbox app just shows "something went wrong while loading this info" and whenever i try to view my friends captures the app will crash and I've also found out that the app will just freeze
    up when i try to join a party.

zackster900000q, Dec 7, 2021
Thema:

Error 0x800700e9 when installing any game using Xbox for PC app

1. Error 0x800700e9 when installing any game using Xbox for PC app - Similar Threads - Error 0x800700e9 installing

2. Error Downloading Any Game on PC Xbox App

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error Downloading Any Game on PC Xbox App: I am trying to download Ghostwire Tokyo and it just thows an error message everytime. I have reinstalled the XBox PC app, checked windows updates and same issue every time. "Something happend to the App. We are working on it. Error Code: 0x80070002" This has been going on for...
  3. Error Downloading Any Game on PC Xbox App

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error Downloading Any Game on PC Xbox App: I am trying to download Ghostwire Tokyo and it just thows an error message everytime. I have reinstalled the XBox PC app, checked windows updates and same issue every time. "Something happend to the App. We are working on it. Error Code: 0x80070002" This has been going on for...
  4. Error code: 0x800700e9 when installing a game from the Xbox store for PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error code: 0x800700e9 when installing a game from the Xbox store for PC: When i try to download a game from the Xbox store for PC i recieve the error code 0x800700e9. I can find no documentation or help, and have tried steps like check for updates it says try to reopen setting later every time, reinstall game services cant open microsoft store...
  5. Error code: 0x800700e9 when installing a game from the Xbox store for PC

Error code: 0x800700e9 when installing a game from the Xbox store for PC: When i try to download a game from the Xbox store for PC i recieve the error code 0x800700e9. I can find no documentation or help, and have tried steps like check for updates it says try to reopen setting later every time, reinstall game services cant open microsoft store...
  6. I can not install any game on PC Xbox app - Game Pass. I get 0x800700e9 error.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can not install any game on PC Xbox app - Game Pass. I get 0x800700e9 error.: I can not install any game on PC Xbox app - Game Pass. I get 0x800700e9 error. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-can-not-install-any-game-on-pc-xbox-app-game/c3098556-38e5-4aee-b316-9a5393997ea6
  7. I can not install any game on PC Xbox app - Game Pass. I get 0x800700e9 error.

I can not install any game on PC Xbox app - Game Pass. I get 0x800700e9 error.: I can not install any game on PC Xbox app - Game Pass. I get 0x800700e9 error. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-can-not-install-any-game-on-pc-xbox-app-game/c3098556-38e5-4aee-b316-9a5393997ea6
  8. Error 0x800700e9 when installing any game using Xbox for PC app

Error 0x800700e9 when installing any game using Xbox for PC app: Hi,Im currently running Windows 11 Pro OS build 22000.318.I've had this error persist over the last week and can not find any fix whatsoever on any forums Have spent several hours lookingWhenever I start a new download of a game via Xbox for PC app version 2112.1001.9.0, I...
  9. Error 0x800700e9 while trying to install Back 4 Blood in Xbox app.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error 0x800700e9 while trying to install Back 4 Blood in Xbox app.: Been having issues with my Win11 install today, first my Windows Update was disabled and access was denied to edit it back to automatic, I finally managed to fix that. Now im trying to install Back 4 Blood via Game pass and turns out now my Gaming Services were missing too,...
  10. Error 0x800700e9 while trying to install Back 4 Blood in Xbox app.

Error 0x800700e9 while trying to install Back 4 Blood in Xbox app.: Been having issues with my Win11 install today, first my Windows Update was disabled and access was denied to edit it back to automatic, I finally managed to fix that. Now im trying to install Back 4 Blood via Game pass and turns out now my Gaming Services were missing too,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 0x800700e9

2. 0x800700e9 fix