Windows 10: Error 0x80070141 on certain apps after installing new D: drive

Discus and support Error 0x80070141 on certain apps after installing new D: drive in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I am receiving error Code: 0x80070141 for MS Flight Simulator 2020 after replacing my secondary hard drive. Other applications installed previously via... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by KEMitch_009, Oct 2, 2020.

1. Error 0x80070141 on certain apps after installing new D: drive

I am receiving error Code: 0x80070141 for MS Flight Simulator 2020 after replacing my secondary hard drive. Other applications installed previously via the Microsoft Store on Windows 10 receive "offline" or errors suggesting a problem with the storage. Applications previously installed outside of Microsoft Store or Xbox PC app function properly via the new drive.

Applications and data were stored on a mechanical D: drive. I cloned the D: drive via Macrium Reflect to an identically sized SSD drive for improved performance and installed the new D: SSD.

After the new SSD install, I am no longer able to run MS Flight Simulator 2020 via the Xbox PC app and receive the error code 0x80070141 when trying to install. I receive an identical error code when attempting to install any new applications to the D: drive via the Xbox PC app. I have uninstalled/reinstalled the Xbox PC app, but still receive the error code when attempting to download any new content.

I've also observed that previous applications installed from Microsoft Store result in an error that the Application "can't open because it is offline. The storage device might be missing or disconnected."

Other D: drive apps and content such as Steam content are accessible and working perfectly. This problem only seems to impact applications/content installed via Microsoft Store or the Xbox PC app that reside on the D: drive.

Any help with this issue is appreciated!

:)

KEMitch_009, Oct 2, 2020

2. D drive

Hi,

Based on the details you have provided us, it appears that there might be some corrupted contents on the said partition. We can also consider that this is caused by a virus.

For us to check if a certain virus is hiding your files, kindly follow the steps below:

• Type Command prompt in the search bar.
    • Type-in the following command:

attrib -h -r -s /s /d D:\*.*
    • Press Enter to execute the command.

If you think that there is nothing important stored in it, then we suggest that you reformat your D drive so that you can use the free space for important files.

You can follow the steps below to start with the process:

• Click on the File Explorer.
    • Select This PC.
    • Right-click on your D drive, then click on Format.
    • Follow the on-screen process to finish formatting the partition.

Let us know how it goes so that we can further assist you.

Engelsen Fad, Oct 2, 2020
  3. Installing to a second Drive. D: or external (Non Boot up Drives)

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand your concern as you are looking for an option to move the game location from the C drive to the Drive D, which is an external drive.

In this scenario, we would suggest you to perform these steps and check if that resolves your issue on both laptop and Desktop.

1. As usual install the game on the PC’s in
      C Drive.
    2. Insert the external
      D drive
      to the PC.
    3. Press Windows + I key from the keyboard to launch
      Settings.
    4. Select Apps and click on
      Apps & features
      from the left pane.
    5. Search for the installed game from the list on the right pane.
    6. Single click on the game and select
      Move.
    7. Select the D drive under
      Choose a drive
      where you want to move the game.
    8. Restart the PC with the external drive connected and then launch the game.

We await your response.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Oct 2, 2020
  4. Error 0x80070141 on certain apps after installing new D: drive

Microsoft store won't let me install apps on my D:\ drive

I have already done this. You can't start downloading to the D:\ drive if you have not dont this step first.

To clarify, this step worked without any errors and my problem is when Microsoft Store tries to install the app.

I have no errors changing drive, no errors downloading, just when installing.

Hope this helps to understand my errors further,

Thanks.

Erik Knutsson, Oct 2, 2020
Thema:

Error 0x80070141 on certain apps after installing new D: drive

1. Error 0x80070141 on certain apps after installing new D: drive - Similar Threads - Error 0x80070141 certain

2. Install Store Apps on D drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Install Store Apps on D drive: I have a 256 GB SSDC Drive which is low on space and I want to install The apps on my HDDD DriveI changed the preference to D drive in setting>storage>change where new content is saved .But while installing store apps I got this errorPls help me as I dont have much space in...
  3. Installation of Apps on D drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Installation of Apps on D drive: Hii, i have a hybrid drive laptop with 256 GB SSD and 1 TB HDD. I want to install few apps on my D drive but any app i download gets installed on C driveSSd. I don't have much space on C drive to install big games and apps. Pls help me through this....
  4. Fix Microsoft Store App Update Error – Something Unexpected Happened Code: 0x80070141

in Windows 10 News
    Fix Microsoft Store App Update Error – Something Unexpected Happened Code: 0x80070141: [ATTACH]If you have come across a Windows 10 Store Error – Something unexpected happened, […] This article Fix Microsoft Store App Update Error – Something Unexpected Happened Code: 0x80070141 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  5. Code: 0x80070141

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Code: 0x80070141: I'm getting this error code when attempting to reinstall Gears of War 5 due to a failed attempt to update which conjured up the same error. I managed to download other games from the service but this one is causing repeated issues. I have tried removing temporary files....
  6. Error code 0x80070141, no gamepass updates possible

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Error code 0x80070141, no gamepass updates possible: For 5 days I cannot update my games (crusader kings III, fligh simulator 2020) and I am not able to install new games. I always get the error from the title. There is plenty of space left and the installation on other drives is still possible. But not on my "game"drive". I...
  7. 0x80070141 device unreachable

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    0x80070141 device unreachable: Having this issue attempting to download anything (particularly games) from the Windows Store. All drives (SSDs, interal/SATA) show up in the drop down list for install locations, but this error (0x80070141) pops up every time. Issue started as of yesterday. When I look up...
  8. Error 0x80070141 in Movies & TV

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error 0x80070141 in Movies & TV: I can not play a video I uploaded from my ipad on Windows Movies & TV. It is showing that it can not play. How do I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-0x80070141-in-movies-tv/436c48fe-f39a-4962-8e1a-3529636050ba
  9. Can't install app to D: drive

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Can't install app to D: drive: Please, before I start, do not tell me to go to Storge > Change where new apps are saved. I have tried all the basic troubleshooting. This is what that screen looks like when I try to drop the menu down to select a drive: https://imgur.com/9qIGDaK So how do I fix this?...
  10. Can't install apps on D:\ drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't install apps on D:\ drive: I went to install Halo 2: Anniversary, and I wanted to install it on my D: drive so I don't fill up my C:, and it won't let me.[ATTACH] So I click "Set it as your location for where new apps are saved", and it takes me here. [ATTACH] I switch it to D: and it shows me this...
Tags:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 80070141 cannot install flight simulator