Windows 10: Error 0x800701B1: A device which does not exist was specified when copying a file from a...

Discus and support Error 0x800701B1: A device which does not exist was specified when copying a file from a... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Error 0x800701B1: A device which does not exist was specified when copying a file from a USB hard drive to the laptop. Already tried the following...... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Vekly, Jan 2, 2021.

1. Vekly Win User

Error 0x800701B1: A device which does not exist was specified when copying a file from a...

Error 0x800701B1: A device which does not exist was specified when copying a file from a USB hard drive to the laptop. Already tried the following...

1. Made sure that the USB connector, drive, file are working fine. The file can be opened and the contents seen without any issue. So there is no data corruption or bad sectors or stuff like that...

2. The USB device has sufficient power and I also checked with another powered USB dock. Same issue.

3. All the cables, laptop and the rest are plugged in and working correctly.

4. Used windows update and brought my Windows 10 to the latest patch level as of 1/2/2021 2:51 A.M CST.

5. Deleted the USB Hub drivers, reinstalled, updated the drives n-times!

I think it is a bug in the operating system...

Suggestions..

1. When using the drag and drop to copy from the USB drive, when the system encounters this error and the "skip" option is selected, the system should skip that file and continue copying the rest of the files selected for copy.

2. Fix this error forever.

I spent countless hours figuring this issue out by combing through the web with no use. Microsoft should be ashamed of putting people into this predicament for a simple task of copying files... It seems this issue is going on for months with no resolution...

:)

Vekly, Jan 2, 2021

2. USB stick not working on WIndows 10 - Error 0x800701B1: A device which does not exist was specifie

USB stick not working on WIndows 10 - Error 0x800701B1: A device which does not exist was specifie hp pavilion 15

akisvouris, Jan 2, 2021
  3. KostasG. Win User
    USB stick not working on WIndows 10 - Error 0x800701B1: A device which does not exist was specified

This usb stick from SanDisk seems to be working elsewhere but not on my laptop. If I try using the USB ports with other devices the same happens. The laptop recognizes the device but keeps on dropping the connection repeatedly. I get the following:

Error 0x800701B1: A device which does not exist was specified

KostasG., Jan 2, 2021
  4. Error 0x800701B1: A device which does not exist was specified when copying a file from a...

error code 0x800701B1 and the backup

That error means "A device which does not exist was specified." Check your settings and be sure the drive is accessible.

-Eddie

EddieL [MSFT], Jan 2, 2021
Thema:

Error 0x800701B1: A device which does not exist was specified when copying a file from a...

1. Error 0x800701B1: A device which does not exist was specified when copying a file from a... - Similar Threads - Error 0x800701B1 device

2. A device which does not exist was specified

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    A device which does not exist was specified: I ran into this error - A device which does not exist was specified - while trying to access an SSD from Windows console running a directory listing. I believe the sequence of events leading up to it was the SSD wasunplugged and replugged in after which I reran the listing...
  3. a device which does not exist was specified

in Windows 10 Gaming
    a device which does not exist was specified: when i try to initialize Disk D: im getting '' a device which does not exist was specified '' error.https://pasteboard.co/kdUaARPS8tIT.png https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/a-device-which-does-not-exist-was-specified/eb95fa85-64ea-4d0f-ba47-5ad874f29251
  4. a device which does not exist was specified

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    a device which does not exist was specified: when i try to initialize Disk D: im getting '' a device which does not exist was specified '' error.https://pasteboard.co/kdUaARPS8tIT.png https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/a-device-which-does-not-exist-was-specified/eb95fa85-64ea-4d0f-ba47-5ad874f29251
  5. a device which does not exist was specified

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. Fix Error 0x800701b1, A device which does not exist was specified

in Windows 10 News
    Fix Error 0x800701b1, A device which does not exist was specified: [ATTACH]Some Windows users are seeing Error 0x800701b1, A device which does not exist was specified when trying to copy, paste, or move files from or to an external Hard Drive connected via the USB port. In this article, we will be seeing how to resolve the error with some...
  7. A device which does not exist was specified

A device which does not exist was specified: Please help me ,I don't know what to do with this error which appears when ever I want to open my USB flash . Actually I can't open my USB flash . Please help me . [ATTACH]...
  8. A device which does not exist was specified.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    A device which does not exist was specified.: Im installing windows 10 from a bootable USB and in the page where you choose a partition i went to the command prompt. In there i wanted to clean a disk but then it sais. DiskPart has encountered an error: An device which does not exist was specified. See the System Event...
  9. A device which does not exist was specified

A device which does not exist was specified: HI, Yester 15-4-2020 I download and install this version "2020-04 Cumulative update for Windows 10 version 1903 for x64-based system KB4549951". Today 16-04-2020 I received a pop-up window A device which does not exist was specified while trying to open E: or D: but C: is...
  10. A device which does not exist was specified.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    A device which does not exist was specified.: z[IMG] I tried installing Mojave Hackintosh on my Dell Inspiron PC and it got installed, after I tried restarting my laptop, it stuck on a boot loop. Then, I got upset and tried installing Ubuntu which then showed the error like "Kernel Panic". Then, I tried installing...