Windows 10: Error 0x80070246 windows update, Cannot create restore point

Discus and support Error 0x80070246 windows update, Cannot create restore point in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello im currently having a couple of issue on my laptop which i am trying to resolve, the first is via windows update, im getting the error code... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AdamDanish, Apr 4, 2020.

1. Error 0x80070246 windows update, Cannot create restore point

Hello

im currently having a couple of issue on my laptop which i am trying to resolve,

the first is via windows update, im getting the error code above and will not install, ive tried running windows troubleshooter, disabling my anti virus and restarting and trying to reinstall, however having no luck.

My other issue is i was looking at trying to create a backup of some sorts should anything happen to my pc, however i cannot create a restore point, all options to create are greyed out in windows explorer, i have attached a couple of pictures to show what the issues are,

any help with this would be appreciated,

thanks in advance

adam Error 0x80070246 windows update, Cannot create restore point cd82f6f3-65cf-4eab-b645-6d076a7ab12c?upload=true.png Error 0x80070246 windows update, Cannot create restore point 2fc23e15-2c99-47cf-8200-f1b253956f11?upload=true.png

:)

AdamDanish, Apr 4, 2020
  2. G47
    g47 Win User

Windows Update - Error 0x80070246

Unfortunately I faced problems on many steps of the process.
    1. "specify settings for optional component installation and component repair" was fine.
    2. "WSReset.exe" opened windows store, I guess it's also fine.
    3. "dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth" please see screenshot:

Error 0x80070246 windows update, Cannot create restore point [​IMG]

4. "dism /online /cleanup-image /StartComponentCleanup" please see screenshot:

5. "sfc /scannow" please see screenshot:

6. "powershell" gave me "PS C:\Windows\system32>" so I guess it's fine.

7. "Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}" please see screenshot:

I checked Windows update after that and restarted and rechecked with no luck.

Any suggestions? *Sad

3. G47
    g47 Win User
    Windows Update - Error 0x80070246

Yes, of course I run it as admin, you can see it on the top of the Cmd window.
    Um...sorry, I can't find the dash that I missed. Actually I copy pasted, so I think all the commands are fine.
    Here are the new screenshots:

Thank you again!

4. Error 0x80070246 windows update, Cannot create restore point

creating a restore point

Hi Anthony,

We understand that you're having an issue with creating a restore point. For us to further assist you, we'd like to gather additional information.

• Have you tried creating system restore point manually?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps before posting this concern? If yes, what are those?

If you haven't created a system restore point manually, you can refer to the article below and follow the instructions given. Disable your antivirus or security software and then try to create a system restore point manually.

Create a system restore point

Looking forward to your response.

Reymichael Ros, Apr 4, 2020
Thema:

Error 0x80070246 windows update, Cannot create restore point

1. Error 0x80070246 windows update, Cannot create restore point - Similar Threads - Error 0x80070246 update

2. I cannot create restore point!

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I cannot create restore point!: Hello, I have a question! When i try to create restore point, first it shows and error 0x81000203 and after that in System properties / System Protection i cannot create restore point and it cannot find any available drivers! Pls help!...
  3. Cannot create restore point

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Cannot create restore point: I have not noticed anything unusual in my PC (Win 10 Pro 64), but for some reason I can no longer create a restore point. I am a senior, non-techie, and have no idea what this behavior means or how to deal with it. Could someone help, please? 176193
  4. Cannot creat a System Restore point

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cannot creat a System Restore point: When I try to create a System Restore Point, I get the following message: The restore point could not be created for the following reason: The writer's timeout expired between the Freeze and Thaw events 0x800423F2 Any ideas what I should do? Thanks Scott...
  5. Cannot create a system restore point

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cannot create a system restore point: When i was trying to create a system restore point, it failed and a message poped up saying, "the writer experienced a non-transient error. If tried again the error may reoccur". I've tried sfc command. It says some corrupt file found but cannot fix it... What are the causes...
  6. Cannot create restore points

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot create restore points: Hi, I am no longer able to create restore points in Windows 10. I receive the message "The restore point could not be created for the following reason: Access is denied (0x80070005)." This seems to have started with the January 2019 update. Can anybody help? Thanks,...
  7. Cannot create a Windows 10 restore point

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Cannot create a Windows 10 restore point: When I try to, it gives me errors (please see attached). Is there a solution please? 128273
  8. Cannot create a Windows 10 restore point

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot create a Windows 10 restore point: When I try to, it gives me errors (please see attached). Is there a solution please? 128273
  9. Cannot create a restore point

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot create a restore point: I'm not sure I'm in the right place, but when I go to create a restore point I get a message: The restore point could not be created for the following reason: The writer experienced a transient error. If the backup process is retired, the error might not reoccur. Please try...
  10. Windows Update - Error 0x80070246

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Update - Error 0x80070246: Hello to the community. George from Greece here and I start my posts with a problem (what else?). *Sad When I try to download and install my two updates ( Cumulative Update for Windows 10 for x64-based Systems (KB3081455) and Update for Windows 10 for x64-based Systems...