Windows 10: error 0x80070422 occurred in connecting to the local WMI provider. On a computer running...

Discus and support error 0x80070422 occurred in connecting to the local WMI provider. On a computer running... in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; error 0x80070422 occurred in connecting to the local WMI provider. On a computer running Microsoft Windows non-core edition ,run 'slui.exe 0x2a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Han Linn Htike, Jul 26, 2021.

1. error 0x80070422 occurred in connecting to the local WMI provider. On a computer running...

error 0x80070422 occurred in connecting to the local WMI provider. On a computer running Microsoft Windows non-core edition ,run 'slui.exe 0x2a 0x80070422' to display the error text

:)

Han Linn Htike, Jul 26, 2021
  2. Remon Ont Win User

WMI Provider Host Error

Hi,

This issue could be due to system file error.

For us to better isolate the issue, we would like to know some additional information:

• Have you done any changes on your computer prior to the issue?
    • Have you tried booting your computer in Safe mode?

We suggest that you try the solution provided by sbm15 on this
    link

We will wait for your response.

Remon Ont, Jul 26, 2021
  3. WMI Provider Host - Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand your concern as you the WMI provider host use high CPU of the PC. Usually, WMI Host Provider doesn’t use much usage of the CPU. It will use the CPU when any software or script that asks for some information via WMI. High usage of the
    CPU is just the sign that another software is seeking for some information or requesting any data via WMI.

However, the high usage of the CPU for a long time for WMI is an indication that something is wrong because WMI Provider Host doesn’t occupy the resources of the CPU for a long time.

In this scenario, we would suggest you to perform these methods and check if the issue is fixed.

Method 1: Restart the WMI Provider Host Service

1. Press Windows key + R to launch the
      Run command, then type Services.msc and press the
      Ok.
    2. Scroll down all the services and find
      Windows Management Instrumentation and then Right click on it and select
      Properties.
    3. Set the startup type to Automatic and then restart the service.

Method 2: Restart other WMI provider Host related Services

1. Click on Start Menu and type CMD, right click on
      CMD icon and select Run as administrator.
    2. In the Command Prompt Window type the following command and press
      Enter after each command.
    • net stop iphlpsvc
    • net stop wscsvc
    • net stop Winmgmt
    • net start Winmgmt
    • net start wscsvc
    • net start iphlpsvc
    3. Restart your computer and check if the WMI provider Host having high CPU usage

Method 3: Uninstall the Components and Drivers that causes the Problem

1. Press Windows + XKey and select
      Event Viewer.
    2. Click on the View Button that appears on the top of the Menu and then click on
      Show Analytic and Debug Logs.
    3. On the left pane, navigate to this path Applications and Service Logs > Microsoft > Windows > WMI Activity > Operational log. Now Mark or Note down the Item that listed as an
      Error
    4. Now press the Windows Logo Key +
      X
      simultaneously, then select Task Manager.
    5. Now, click on the Service tab and Find the processes with the Matching IDs as seen in
      Event Viewer in the column of PID when You Locate or Find these Process then
      Uninstall or Disable those service.
    6. Restart the PC and check

You may also refer this article and check if that helps to fix the issue:
    High CPU usage by WMIPRVSE.EXE process at regular intervals in Windows

Note: Important this section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify
    the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs.

Follow the steps to take
    backup of registry.

Let us know how it goes.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Jul 26, 2021
  4. error 0x80070422 occurred in connecting to the local WMI provider. On a computer running...

wmi provider

Hello

I have installed windows in my mac book pro by using boot camp assistant. I want to use sql server management studio so i have installed it by now i cannot find sql server services in the services list. The configuration manager is also not working and
    it is providing me with an error

Cannot connect to wmi provider. You do not have permission or the server is unreachable. Note that you can only manage SQl Server 2005 and later servers with SQL Server Configuration Manager.

I have tried C:\Program files (x86)\microsoft sql server\130\shared\mofcomp sqlmgmproviderxpsp2up.mof

but this gave me an error

An error occurred while processing item 1 defined on lines 4-7 in file sqlmgmproviderxpsp2up.mof:

Please let me know what can i do to resolve this problem

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

vindhyamimmi, Jul 26, 2021
Thema:

error 0x80070422 occurred in connecting to the local WMI provider. On a computer running...

1. error 0x80070422 occurred in connecting to the local WMI provider. On a computer running... - Similar Threads - error 0x80070422 occurred

2. WMI Provider Host Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WMI Provider Host Issue: So ever since last year, the task: "WMI Provider Host" has been using up to 30% of my CPU. For a while I thought it wasn't a big issue until I started playing more resource expensive games. I have looked through tutorials, and found out this weird "teleporting" task that...
  3. WMI Provider Host Issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WMI Provider Host Issue: So ever since last year, the task: "WMI Provider Host" has been using up to 30% of my CPU. For a while I thought it wasn't a big issue until I started playing more resource expensive games. I have looked through tutorials, and found out this weird "teleporting" task that...
  4. WMI Provider Host Issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. WMI provider host running at hight cpu 20% or higher

WMI provider host running at hight cpu 20% or higher: my cpu is showing WMI provider host running at or above 20% and causing the fan to run, how can I find and shut down the process causing the problem?...
  6. 2 wmi provider host

2 wmi provider host: hello, i have been looking at my task manager lately and while scrolling i saw 2 wmi providers i have no idea what to do and it seems one is eating a constant 0.9 cpu im not that good with computers but i know one thing for sure there cant be 2 wmi providers ps: i...
  7. WMI Provider Host AGAIN!

WMI Provider Host AGAIN!: Hi, Like a lot of people, I'm having trouble with WMI Provider Host using lots of resources and power which consequently leads to overheating and a subsequent shut down of the laptop running Windows 10. Has anyone been able to rectify this? I tried following the most recent...
  8. WMI Provider Host Problem

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    WMI Provider Host Problem: Task Manager: https://imgur.com/a/vSdyVXf Event Viewer: https://imgur.com/a/UiJ5fZ3 I've looked through the Event Viewer WMI activity and there are loads of errors, some of which don't show up in Task Manager Services. My Surface Pro 2017 has been running like this for...
  9. llsScHlp - Error querying the WMI Registry provider.

llsScHlp - Error querying the WMI Registry provider.: [Strings] L_RegProc_ErrorMessage="Error querying the WMI Registry provider." L_OnlyIIS6AndHigherSupported_ErrorMessage="The IIS Admin scripts only support IIS 6.0 and higher." L_CredentialsIgnored_Message="Using local machine will cause supplied credentials to be ignored."...
  10. WMI Provider Host

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    WMI Provider Host: Why is this process taking up 4-7% of my CPU? I know what is does, but is it normal for it to use that much power (%)? This has not been a problem before. Only a few weeks ago, it was only on 1% or less. Will disabling this process do any harm to my system? 83129

Users found this page by searching for:

1. error 0x80070422 occurred in connecting to the local WMI provider.on a computer running Microsoft