Windows 10: Error 0x80070422 shows every time I turn computer on then check windows update is working

Discus and support Error 0x80070422 shows every time I turn computer on then check windows update is working in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi all. I recently had an issue where I would try to check for updates through windows update, and I would get the following message 'There were... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by KyleDavidson6, Aug 19, 2020.

1. Error 0x80070422 shows every time I turn computer on then check windows update is working

Hi all.

I recently had an issue where I would try to check for updates through windows update, and I would get the following message 'There were some problems installing updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing this and want to search the web or contact support for information, this may help: 0x80070422'.

Now, thanks to our wonderful community I successfully fixed this by navigating to my 'services' window, and my 'windows update' properties. I noticed that my 'startup type' was set to disabled, and I set this to automatic, fixing the problem.

Now, this is where my path deviates from the rest. While this does fix the problem for me, when I turn my computer off then turn back on next time, try to check updates, I get the exact same message as the subject. When I navigate back to my windows update properties, I see the box is set to disabled again.

I would like to somehow set this box to default to 'automatic' every time I turn my computer on.

:)

KyleDavidson6, Aug 19, 2020

2. Vista Automatic Updating Error

Automatic Updates isn't currently running.

DistantDeath, Aug 19, 2020
  3. jbunch07 Win User
    Vista Automatic Updating Error

Resolution Suggestion:

# To resolve this problem, make sure that BITS and the Automatic Updates service are started..

A simple solution but one that works in most circumstances!

1. Click Start, click Run, type services.msc, and then click OK.

2. In the list of services, right-click Automatic Updates, and then click Properties.

3. In the Startup type list, click Automatic, and then click Apply.

4. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

5. Right-click Background Intelligent Transfer Service, and then click Properties.

6. In the Startup type list, click Manual, and then click Apply.

7. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

http://www.updatexp.com/0x80070422.html- source *Smile Error 0x80070422 shows every time I turn computer on then check windows update is working :) hope that helps.

jbunch07, Aug 19, 2020
  4. Asuk1 Win User

Error 0x80070422 shows every time I turn computer on then check windows update is working

Windows 10 Store error:0x80070422

I incurred error 0x80070422 after scanning my computer with windows defender. The message said that the windows protection was turned off and can not be turned on leaving my computer at risk. This error popped up just all of a sudden. Are the circumstance
    of my problem make it possible to be soled by the means suggested by people who have written in?

Kapolei N.

Asuk1, Aug 19, 2020
Thema:

Error 0x80070422 shows every time I turn computer on then check windows update is working

1. Error 0x80070422 shows every time I turn computer on then check windows update is working - Similar Threads - Error 0x80070422 shows

2. I get a 'run time' error every time I turn on my computer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I get a 'run time' error every time I turn on my computer: When ever I turn on my computer a window pops up saying 'Run Time Error 68 - Device Unavailable' ,I have a two drives on my computer a T and a S drive that I then have to manually go into files and 'wake up' . As I have a program on my computer that utilizes files from these...
  3. I get a 'run time' error every time I turn on my computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I get a 'run time' error every time I turn on my computer: When ever I turn on my computer a window pops up saying 'Run Time Error 68 - Device Unavailable' ,I have a two drives on my computer that I then have to manually go into files and 'wake up' due to this. As I have a program on my computer that utilizes files from these drives...
  4. Windows Update Error 0x80070422

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update Error 0x80070422: How can I fix the Windows Update 0x80070422 error help me. Windows Update and background service thing. SERVICES DESCRIPTION. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-update-error-0x80070422/b4d300d8-4601-4ddb-ae66-c4bf370b379d
  5. Windows Update error 0x80070422

Windows Update error 0x80070422: I installed Windows 10 successfully on my Lenovo Desktop, but I am not getting any updates for Windows. When I check under Window update, it shows the following message; " There were some problems installing updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing this and...
  6. Microsoft store Error Code:0x80070422 (Turn on windows update)

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft store Error Code:0x80070422 (Turn on windows update): I have a problem with my microsoft store when i last reset my laptop it keeps saying that windows update is disabled on the microsoft store and i have tired many fixes on the internet like restarting windows update service and putting it to automatic and ive tried wsreset.exe...
  7. PC gamepass "Turn on Windows Update" Error code: 0x80070422

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC gamepass "Turn on Windows Update" Error code: 0x80070422: Okay, so I've been trying to download a game off of PC Gamepass Xbox (beta) app but it keeps giving me an error and saying that "Windows update is disabled. You can repair Windows Update by running the Windows Update troubleshooter in Settings. Error code: 0x80070422" however...
  8. Computer works on updates every time it is turned on

Computer works on updates every time it is turned on: Every time I turn my laptop on, it says it is working on updates and works on this for a while before turning on. It does this everytime the computer is turned on and online I can only really find suggestions that say to turn automatic updates off which I have always had off,...
  9. Windows Update Error 0x80070422

Windows Update Error 0x80070422: Hi! I tried to update to the latest version of Windows, but I got error 0x80070422. When I tried to change Windows Update Service to Automatic, I couldn't change anything. I tried to run Services as administrator, but it said: "An Administrator block you from using this app."...
  10. Windows Update not working Error code:0x80070422

Windows Update not working Error code:0x80070422: Hello! I was trying to instal an aplication from microsoft store but then this error poped-up "Windows Update is disabled. You can repair Windows Update by running the Windows Update troubleshooter in Settings. Error code:0x80070422". I searched for 2h the solution for this...
Tags: