Windows 10: error 0x8007042b when adding a Yahoo Mail account to MS Mail App

Discus and support error 0x8007042b when adding a Yahoo Mail account to MS Mail App in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; When using the mail app in: OS Name: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro OS Version: 10.0.18362 N/A Build 18362 I'm getting the error code: error 0x8007042b... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by stevehero, Jul 3, 2019.

1. stevehero Win User

error 0x8007042b when adding a Yahoo Mail account to MS Mail App

When using the mail app in:
    OS Name: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
    OS Version: 10.0.18362 N/A Build 18362

I'm getting the error code:
    error 0x8007042b

I've disabled anti-virus but that didn't work.

What I'm trying to do is:
    • Go to the settings (the cog wheel in the app)
    • Manage accounts
    • + add account
    • and choose Yahoo
    • this gives the error: error 0x8007042b

I've 4 other mail accounts so resetting the app I haven't tried. Any other way around this issue?

:)

stevehero, Jul 3, 2019

2. Yahoo mail - alternative accounts

Sounds promising, I have a Gmail account. How do I verify the Yahoo account using it ?

I have sent several Gmails to john @yahoo.com, but all I get are mail failure emails back saying the account is not available. I also did this with OE a few times with the same result.

Why `o why can`t Yahoo be more explicit in their instructions. I am no dummy, but I give in on this one.

Bald Eagle, Jul 3, 2019
  3. Mustang Win User
    Yahoo account won't receive mail

I've started using Mail app in Wndows 10 on a trial basis, on my desktop PC.

I've added my Yahoo mail account and can send emails but cannot receive them.

I tried using a solution offered in a post on another thread, by logging into my Yahoo account, and going to security to add a specific password for my account for apps, but cannot find any option to do this.

The only option it offers is to use/disable less secure options.

Any help would be appreciated.

Update: Mail started being received 30 minutes after I had sent it from another email client.

Gripes about Mail app:

• Emails can't be saved to desktop
    • Font defaults can't be set size and text chosen, eg Arial

Mustang, Jul 3, 2019
  4. Joan Pin Win User

Error code: 0x8007042b GMAIL SETUP IN MAIL APP

Hi Stephen,

This error message may be due to system conflicts in your email. To isolate your concern regarding the error code 0x8007042b, we'd like to ask a few questions:

We also found a similar thread in the Community. Please check this link
    and look for Yaqub K's troubleshooting steps and let us know how it goes.

We'll keep an eye out for your response.

Joan Pin, Jul 3, 2019
Thema:

1. error 0x8007042b when adding a Yahoo Mail account to MS Mail App - Similar Threads - error 0x8007042b adding

2. yahoo mail is not adding to windows mail

in Windows 10 Gaming
    yahoo mail is not adding to windows mail: hi,yahoo email is not added to Windows mail.I added a Yahoo email account to Windows 11 mail, but when I tried to add a passwordthe page was empty. There was no empty text area to add a password to Windows mail.plz...
  3. yahoo mail is not adding to windows mail

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    yahoo mail is not adding to windows mail: hi,yahoo email is not added to Windows mail.I added a Yahoo email account to Windows 11 mail, but when I tried to add a passwordthe page was empty. There was no empty text area to add a password to Windows mail.plz...
  4. yahoo mail app!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    yahoo mail app!: Hi again, at present for yahoo mail I use a live tile which I created myself, went onto the yahoo login online and then installed has a live tile. Is the yahoo mail app still available and would it be better to use? I see it advertised online but can't find in the store! The...
  5. yahoo mail app!

yahoo mail app!: Hi again, at present for yahoo mail I use a live tile which I created myself, went onto the yahoo login online and then installed has a live tile. Is the yahoo mail app still available and would it be better to use? I see it advertised online but can't find in the store! The...
  6. yahoo mail app!

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
  7. Error 0x8019019a when trying to link yahoo mail account to Mail

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error 0x8019019a when trying to link yahoo mail account to Mail: As title suggests, my yahoo email won't link in but gives above error. Its a new Lenovo running Windows 10 - failure occurring at set up. Have downloaded all current patches, refreshed Mail app. Any ideas?...
  8. Error 0x8019019a when trying to link yahoo mail account to Mail

Error 0x8019019a when trying to link yahoo mail account to Mail: As title suggests, my yahoo email won't link in but gives above error. Its a new Lenovo running Windows 10 - failure occurring at set up. Have downloaded all current patches, refreshed Mail app. Any ideas?...
  9. mail app/yahoo

mail app/yahoo: I am getting a message on the mail app saying my yahoo account data is out of date. When I go to fix it I get a Ox8019019a error code. What do I do to fix this problem. I am on Windows 10. My computer is updated. Thanks....
  10. error 0x8007042b when adding a Yahoo Mail account to MS Mail App

in Windows 10 Support
    error 0x8007042b when adding a Yahoo Mail account to MS Mail App: When using the mail app in: OS Name: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro OS Version: 10.0.18362 N/A Build 18362 I'm getting the error code: error 0x8007042b I've disabled anti-virus but that didn't work. What I'm trying to do is: Go to the settings (the cog wheel in the app) Manage...
Tags: