Windows 10: Error 0x80070490 when trying to add Gmail to Mail & Calendar

Discus and support Error 0x80070490 when trying to add Gmail to Mail & Calendar in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi,When I try to add my Gmail account to Windows Mail/Calendar I get "We couldn't find your settings", error code: 0x80070490.I'm running Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by mtastic, Jul 8, 2021.

1. mtastic Win User

Error 0x80070490 when trying to add Gmail to Mail & Calendar

Hi,When I try to add my Gmail account to Windows Mail/Calendar I get "We couldn't find your settings", error code: 0x80070490.I'm running Windows 10 20H2 on a brand new Surface Pro 6 I just set up today. All updates have been installed, including for Windows apps. I've tried the various fixes floating around resetting the app, uninstalling and reinstalled the app, disabling firewall, ran the Deployment Image Servicing and Management tools and then system file checker and nothing has worked. The only thing I haven't done is reset the entire Surface, because I've just spent the whole evening i

:)

mtastic, Jul 8, 2021
  2. jmatt Win User
    jmatt, Jul 8, 2021
  3. s427 Win User
    Google account (mail / calendar) not syncing in Windows 10

I'm having a problem with the default Mail and Calendar apps in Windows 10. For a while I was able to sync my Google account emails (Gmail) and calendar in those apps, but about a week ago, it has stopped working: the calendar is empty (no events, and no calendars listed), and the emails that were already synced are still there, but syncing doesn't bring any new email.

I tried deleting my Google account from the mail (or calendar) app, by going to "settings -> accounts", and then re-creating the account. I did that three times. Each time I was able to complete the following steps:

1. enter my Gmail address,
    2. then my Google account password,
    3. then the confirmation code sent by SMS,
    4. and finally got to the screen "Windows would like to..." (permissions listing), on which I clicked "Accept" (obviously).

The first time, I then got a Windows message "Something went wrong", followed by an error code (I didn't write it down).

The second time, I didn't get this error message, so it looked like the account was successfully created (it appeared in my accounts list in the settings of those apps), but nothing was synced: both apps (mail / calendar) remained empty. (I tried syncing manually by clicking the sync button in the mail app: still nothing, even though the app confirmed that it was "up to date".)

For my third attempt, I had found this question, so I went and created an "app password" in my Google account, specifically for those apps. But when I got to the password screen (step 2 described above) and entered this app password instead of my regular account password, I got an error message (from Google) asking me to enter my account password and not an app password. So I did that, and that got me exactly the same result as my second attempt (account created but nothing synced).

I also tried both answers given on the same question (first via "settings > accounts > add account > Other account", and second via "settings > accounts > add account > Advanced setup"), but none of them worked for me (again, account created but nothing synced).

Has anyone experienced the same problems? How can I make this work?

UPDATE: a few months back (early October 2015) I received an email from Microsoft inviting me to "reconnect to Google" (that was the title of the email). I ignored it for a while, but recently followed the steps in this email and now everything seems to be working fine. So I'm guessing that MS somehow fixed whatever bug it was.

s427, Jul 8, 2021
  4. JeffWR Win User

Win 10 Mail & Calendar 0x8007054e Error

It worked! I was able to sync my gmail account! Thank you. I am getting error 0x80070490. If I try and connect to my Microsoft account, but I am not using that for mail or calendar right now, so I think I am good. Thank you!

JeffWR, Jul 8, 2021
Thema:

1. Error 0x80070490 when trying to add Gmail to Mail & Calendar - Similar Threads - Error 0x80070490 trying

2. Fix Error 0x80070490 when trying to add an account to Mail app in Windows 11/10

in Windows 10 News
    Fix Error 0x80070490 when trying to add an account to Mail app in Windows 11/10: [ATTACH]When you try to Add an account in the Mail app in Windows 11/10, you may receive Error 0x80070490. This can happen when adding a Gmail, Hotmail, Outlook, or any other email service provider. In this post, we will show how to fix error 0x80070490 on Windows 10. This...
  3. I'm trying to add a gmail account to MAIL and keep getting this error code 0x80070490

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I'm trying to add a gmail account to MAIL and keep getting this error code 0x80070490: I'm trying to add a gmail account to MAIL and keep getting this error code 0x80070490 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/im-trying-to-add-a-gmail-account-to-mail-and-keep/98c6ebf1-8ba5-49c8-8eff-43539108e530
  4. Error code: 0x80070490 when trying to install gmail account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error code: 0x80070490 when trying to install gmail account: Error code: 0x80070490 I have tried several times to add my gmail account to Mail and Calendar on Windows 10. I keep getting this error code. And the Mail app will not add the account. I have already tried resetting the app. I have also uninstalled and reinstalled the app to...
  5. Mail App -can't add any gmail accounts, keep getting error 0x80070490

Mail App -can't add any gmail accounts, keep getting error 0x80070490: After the last windows 10 update, my mail app wouldn't work, kept crashing after 5 seconds of being opened I have had no issues for years until yesterday with 6 email accounts on the mail app I uninstalled the app, reinstalled it after restart and was able to add my hotmail...
  6. Error when trying to add a gmail to windows mail app

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Error when trying to add a gmail to windows mail app: [ATTACH] When I try to add a Gmail to Microsoft mail, I get this error message. I tried to update and reinstalling the app and still doesn't work. https://preview.redd.it/zwjxq7tv0m151.png?width=674&format=png&auto=webp&s=e673059ddbe3e720fe1be5bc34ff553aa0f96f7d...
  7. Trying to add a profil Picture shows error 0x80070490

in Windows 10 Customization
    Trying to add a profil Picture shows error 0x80070490: Hi, I have an Test PC in an local 2008 Active Directory with Windows 10 (Build 19008.vb_release.191019-1715). If I try to add a profile Photo i only get an error and cannot change. Same problem for Photo as file and also from a camera photo. [ATTACH] Is there anyone who...
  8. Windows 10 Mail error when trying to add one Gmail account Error 8x000000b

Windows 10 Mail error when trying to add one Gmail account Error 8x000000b: I can't get one of my Gmail accounts to work in the Windows Mail app. My other Gmail account works fine. The problem Gmail account works perfectly on several other PC's. The problem PC has fresh install of Windows 10 Pro with all updates installed and all Lenovo drivers...
  9. Cannot add Hotmail or gmail account to Mail and Calendar App

Cannot add Hotmail or gmail account to Mail and Calendar App: Hi I was logged on with my non admin account and tried to add a gmail account to Mail and Calendar app - error 0x8004005. Uninstalled app and downloaded and reinstalled. Same result Signed in with my admin account and same message. Tried to add a Microsoft account and got...
  10. Error code: 0x80070490 in Mail app whenever I try to add an account

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Error code: 0x80070490 in Mail app whenever I try to add an account: So, whenever I click on "Add an account" and trying to add gmail/hotmail account, error message instantly pops up [ATTACH]...