Windows 10: Error: 0x800704b3 - Run as a administrator not working from start menu shortcuts

Discus and support Error: 0x800704b3 - Run as a administrator not working from start menu shortcuts in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, i have found that, if i search for any application in cortena like CMD, Powershell or Control Panel, i was not able to run a administrator by... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Sandeep_S_Patil, Sep 6, 2018.

1. Error: 0x800704b3 - Run as a administrator not working from start menu shortcuts

Hello,

i have found that, if i search for any application in cortena like CMD, Powershell or Control Panel, i was not able to run a administrator by right clicking on the any applications but it was working fine with normal user profile by simply clicking on Open.

i made below changes and the issue got fixed. just removed %HOMEDRIVE%.

Error: 0x800704b3 - Run as a administrator not working from start menu shortcuts 1b441594-9f92-43cc-833b-80bf10035268?upload=true.jpg

:)

Sandeep_S_Patil, Sep 6, 2018

2. start menu not working

Hi Mark,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.

I would also suggest you to run the System update readiness command. It detects incorrect manifests, cabinets or registry data, it may replace the incorrect data with corrected version available. Follow the steps.

1. Press Windows key + X.

2. Click command prompt (Run as administrator).

3. In the Administrator: Command Prompt window, type the following commands. Press
    Enter key after each command:

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

To close the Administrator: Command prompt window, type
    Exit, and then press Enter.

Refer to the following Microsoft Help article and see if it helps.

Get help with the Windows 10 Start menu

I would also suggest you to refer the link below and check.

Critical Error – Start menu and Cortana aren’t working. We’ll try to fix it the next time you sign in.

Hope this helps. Otherwise, feel free to write us back for further assistance and we will be glad to help you ahead.

Suvarna Govinda, Sep 6, 2018
  3. Win 10 - Shortcuts in Start Menu folder not appearing in menu or Search Results

Hi Michel,

The error that you encounter seems to be caused by a background process that's not working correctly. To isolate your concern, we'd like to know the following:

• Are you getting the error when searching for the shortcut or when opening the sub folder on the Start Menu?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps that you've tried to resolve your concern?

We're looking forward to your response.

Darwin Dim, Sep 6, 2018
  4. KieX Win User

Error: 0x800704b3 - Run as a administrator not working from start menu shortcuts

Error: No work available to process

Hmm. Either it's put out errors and WCG is limiting the work units available, or the project list may not be set to supply other WU when one runs out. (if the problem lies here and not on your end)

On the options to your left, if you go into Results Status, select the computer from Device Name and then look through results see if either they were returned late, errors or any other kind of issue that would stop the servers supplying WU from that perspective.

If there are no errors then it's maybe down to your project list. So selecting Device Manager from the left menu and then clicking on the profile assigned to that computer and make sure that it's assigned to receive WU for other projects if they run out.

At least those steps will rule out problems from the WCG end.

KieX, Sep 6, 2018
Thema:

Error: 0x800704b3 - Run as a administrator not working from start menu shortcuts

1. Error: 0x800704b3 - Run as a administrator not working from start menu shortcuts - Similar Threads - Error 0x800704b3 Run

2. error code : 0x800704b3

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    error code : 0x800704b3: For some reason whenever I open some apps discord, services, etc it does not open up and it shows "windows cannot access" and it says to check the spelling of the name otherwise. there might be a problem to your network. to try to identify and resolve network problems. click...
  3. [SOLVED] Can't run almost anything, error code is: 0x800704b3

[SOLVED] Can't run almost anything, error code is: 0x800704b3: I also get this message: The network path was typed incorrectly, does not exist, or the network provider is not currently available. Please try re-typing the path or contact your network administrator. I'm confused what this means, my local account is supposed to have...
  4. Computer can't run anything with administrator access. Error code: 0x800704b3

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer can't run anything with administrator access. Error code: 0x800704b3: I have found many clues that my system might be corrupted. A folder that was supposed to be there in the registry was missing, glitches happening left and right, crashes are more often. You see, all the online articles say torun cmd.exe as administrator and preform sfc...
  5. Can't run almost anything, error code is: 0x800704b3

Can't run almost anything, error code is: 0x800704b3: I also get this message: The network path was typed incorrectly, does not exist, or the network provider is not currently available. Please try re-typing the path or contact your network administrator. I'm confused what this means, my local account is supposed to have...
  6. fix error code 0x800704b3 on windons 10 due to administrator account lost it permisions

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    fix error code 0x800704b3 on windons 10 due to administrator account lost it permisions: I messed around with my local disk securety settings I and remove block the admin account from access the local disk c . I used the other account to do that . So now I cant even install other software . it so says you di nit have the permission . I cant access the edite the...
  7. Help Error Code: 0x800704b3

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Help Error Code: 0x800704b3: Can't access Admin settings or Windows settings. My computer says that my C: drive doesn't exist. Can't create, save or modify any file on my computer. Can't create a USB Windows Recovery Disk or reboot Windows though a hard disk as my computer doesn't have a CD/DVD disk...
  8. To eliminate error code 0x800704B3

To eliminate error code 0x800704B3: Hi, I am working from home and I am using windows 10 OS. Initially it was smooth but one day when the power suddenly went off and came back, I restarted my PC and it started showing repairing and scanning drive frequently. I then skipped the scanning and started using the...
  9. Start menu shortcuts doesn't work

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu shortcuts doesn't work: After installing Creators Update, programs shortcuts already uninstalled continues to show on start menu. For example, I uninstalled Forza Motorsport 6, and if I type "Forza..." in the start menu, the shortcut appears and if I click nothing happens, either with the left...
  10. Running as Administrator from Startup shortcut?

in Windows 10 Support
    Running as Administrator from Startup shortcut?: Up until now one of my programs has always run on booting up. Its shortcut is in my Startup folder. I have now re-configured the shortcut to 'Run as Administrator', for all users. It works correctly when d-clicked manually. But it no longer starts on startup. Is that to...
Tags:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. right click run as administrator not working from shortcuts windows 10