Windows 10: Error 0x800704cf and it's driving me crazy.

Discus and support Error 0x800704cf and it's driving me crazy. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Core problem: can't use any Microsoft apps that need some sort of outgoing data What happed: On Friday 18-12-2020 we discovered that the windows virus... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Lian en Andre, Dec 22, 2020.

1. Error 0x800704cf and it's driving me crazy.

Core problem: can't use any Microsoft apps that need some sort of outgoing data

What happed:
    On Friday 18-12-2020 we discovered that the windows virus protection service was not running and could not be started.
    we tried a whole bunch of stuff to make it working again getting rid of rests of the old virusscanners Norton and AVG.
    None of that worked. So we opted for the last option on your support site:
    'log in as administrator, do a health check and perform a complete repair/update/rebuild of Windows 10':
    - DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:repairSource\install.wim
    This took a while and indeed fixed the virus problem. But it gave us a new error back in return:

what does not work:
    1. Outlook 2019: The software works fine, but when it tries to imap, pop, smtp to any of the email accounts, it gives the error 0x800704cf 'you need the internet for this'
    So I can not receive or send email with any of my accounts. The email settings have been checked and they are properly configurated
    2. Windows 10 store: every app that I want to download, can not be downloaded. same error 0x800704cf
    3. Xbox app. I have Xbox Gamepass ultimate and downloaded the new flightsimulator when it became available on this pc. Now when I try to game, or even get connected, it says 'you need the internet for this'. Same error code. I cannot game anymore

What does work:
    1. The internet works totally fine. All browsers can be used.
    2. All apps that require internet, and are not Microsoft, like Adobe CC, Dropbox etc. can connect perfectly and are operational.

What did we try:
    - Ran Windows Troubleshooter: Network adapter
    - Checked date and time, which were already set to automatic and are correct
    - Change adapter settings: disable 'client for Microsoft Networks'
    - Complete new install of Office, via online update.
    - Logged in as Administrator and via CMD:
    - nbtstat –RR
    - netsh int ip reset
    - netsh winsock reset
    - ipconfig /release
    - ipconfig /renew
    - ipconfig /flushdns
    - I reset the DNS client in 'Services'
    - Uninstalled/Reinstalled Network Adapters in 'Device Manager' and downloaded the latest drivers
    - Changed the Hosts file back to the default MS one.

None of this worked.
    Still have error 0x800704cf and it's driving me crazy.
    Any suggestions anyone?

:)

Lian en Andre, Dec 22, 2020
  2. borhan48 Win User
    borhan48, Dec 22, 2020
  3. Error 0x800704cf in microsoft store

Hi,

As per the error message, your internet connection might have something to do with the error code 0x800704cf. The anti-virus on your computer can also be the culprit here. However, let us not assume anything yet until we isolated your concern. We suggest
    that you download and run the Windows Store App Troubleshooter. Once done, check if the issue persists.
    You can also check if the Store works in another user account. If the issue
    still persists, we suggest to reset the Microsoft Store. Here are the steps on how to do so:

• Press the Windows key + R on your keyboard, the type in wsreset.exe.
    • Hit Enter to proceed.

You may reset the Store a couple of times before checking if the issue persists.

Let us know the result of the troubleshooting steps provided above.

Carlos Tin, Dec 22, 2020
  4. rigogs Win User

Error 0x800704cf and it's driving me crazy.

rigogs, Dec 22, 2020
Thema:

Error 0x800704cf and it's driving me crazy.

1. Error 0x800704cf and it's driving me crazy. - Similar Threads - Error 0x800704cf driving

2. Cortana Drives Me Crazy

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cortana Drives Me Crazy: Hi, few days ago I decided to create a reminder in "Microsoft To Do" app, that will remind me about something everyday, both on phone and in Windows (I have this app in my phone too). However, due to some reason (I don't remember well) I wasn't satisfied with it and decided...
  3. Cortana Drives Me Crazy

in Windows 10 Support
    Cortana Drives Me Crazy: Hi, few days ago I decided to create a reminder in "Microsoft To Do" app, that will remind me about something everyday, both on phone and in Windows (I have this app in my phone too). However, due to some reason (I don't remember well) I wasn't satisfied with it and decided...
  4. Bsod driving me crazy !!!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bsod driving me crazy !!!: DESKTOP-UUDJIR1-(2020-09-28_20-21-00).zip - Google Drive Win Ver. 2004( OS Build 19041.508) Any help will be trully appreciated !!! Ty. 165400
  5. FTP is driving me crazy

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    FTP is driving me crazy: I'm facing a strange situation concerning FTP. The server accepts passive connections on port 21 and a username and password are required. 1. I can access the server using the FTP feature of Directory Opus with no apparent limitations. 2. I can connect to the server, but I...
  6. error 0x800705b4 is driving me crazy

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    error 0x800705b4 is driving me crazy: [ATTACH] Hey, I bought a new activation code since my original one didn't work anymore after i got a new motherboard, and i couldn't be botherd getting it to work. I am running Windows Home and when i tried to enter my activation code i got the error 0x800705b4. I have...
  7. Error 0x800705b4 is driving me crazy

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Error 0x800705b4 is driving me crazy: Hello, I bought a new activation code since my original one didn't work anymore after i got a new motherboard, and i couldn't be botherd getting it to work. I am running Windows Home and when i tried to enter my activation code i got the error 0x800705b4. I have tried...
  8. Headphones driving me crazy

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Headphones driving me crazy: Hey, Just after I upgraded to Windows 10, I noticed my headphones were making a weird noise whenever sound was playing, and then the sound sticking around for about five seconds when the sound stopped playing. Here's a sample: Headphone Beep This was quieter and more...
  9. Driving me crazy!!

in Windows 10 Support
    Driving me crazy!!: May some one please help me, it's been quite a few years so bare with me. I have just bought a dell xps13 and I have a problem with my start menu, much user name and pic appear on the left side but in the middle. How can I move my name and pic to the top of the start menu??...
  10. Not Sandboxed driving me crazy

in Windows 10 Support
    Not Sandboxed driving me crazy: I installed AOL Gold and it seemed like it was gone. Now now only is it on AOL. but chrome, Facebook, etc. It is flashing more now than ever. If it is not sandboxed can I get it sandboxed? Can it be turned on or off? [img] 108883
Tags: