Windows 10: Error 0x800704cf when signing into Microsoft account

Discus and support Error 0x800704cf when signing into Microsoft account in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I sent my computer in for repairs and it came back with the factory image reinstalled. It's had time to configure a few updates, but I haven't yet... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ElizabethLiberty1, Jan 26, 2021.

1. Error 0x800704cf when signing into Microsoft account

I sent my computer in for repairs and it came back with the factory image reinstalled. It's had time to configure a few updates, but I haven't yet reinstalled everything. While trying to use Office 365, I ran into a problem activating my subscription. It gives me this error: "It doesn't look like you're connected to the Internet. Check your connection and try again. 0x800704cf" and the link below says "Send Feedback."

When I go to the Feedback Hub, I can't sign in there either. It tells me that I need to go to Settings > Accounts > Your info. When I go there and try to sign in, it says "Oops, something went wrong. Whatever happened, it was probably our fault. Please try again."

I have followed all the steps in this article, and none of them helped. I can't create a new user, either, because it asks the new user to sign in via a Microsoft account, which then gives me an error and returns me to the main sign-in screen.

https://www.howtoedge.com/how-to-fix-the-error-code-0x800704cf-in-windows-10/

I've rebooted multiple times since the problem occurred. I'm running Windows 10 on an ASUS Vivobook K571 GT.

What should I do next?

:)

ElizabethLiberty1, Jan 26, 2021
  2. Teokute Win User

Cannot sign in microsoft account.

My device: Lumia 520. GDR2.
    I cannot sign in my Microsoft account on my device. It didnt say any error but Microsoft account is not listed in Email and account list. When I click add button, it will show microsoft account option but after press sign in, it is still not shown in email
    and account. Another problem is i cannot delete facebook account. Error code: 0x83cf1202. I have tried as suggested here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2475837/en-us#step0x83cf1202 but as my Microsoft account is not shown, I cannot do step 6. Error 0x800704cf when signing into Microsoft account :(

Any suggestion?

Teokute, Jan 26, 2021
  3. Error 0x800704cf in microsoft store

Hi,

As per the error message, your internet connection might have something to do with the error code 0x800704cf. The anti-virus on your computer can also be the culprit here. However, let us not assume anything yet until we isolated your concern. We suggest
    that you download and run the Windows Store App Troubleshooter. Once done, check if the issue persists.
    You can also check if the Store works in another user account. If the issue
    still persists, we suggest to reset the Microsoft Store. Here are the steps on how to do so:

• Press the Windows key + R on your keyboard, the type in wsreset.exe.
    • Hit Enter to proceed.

You may reset the Store a couple of times before checking if the issue persists.

Let us know the result of the troubleshooting steps provided above.

Carlos Tin, Jan 26, 2021
  4. Error 0x800704cf when signing into Microsoft account

sign into microsoft account glitch

Hi Micheal,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

• Is this the only account on the computer?
    • Was this account upgraded from previous version of Windows?

It looks like you are using a local account. I suggest you follow these steps:

• Click on search in taskbar and type account.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Now, under Your account, click on Sign in with Microsoft account instead.
    • Enter your Local account password for confirmation and then follow the screen instruction.
    • Enter User name credentials for your the new Microsoft account and click OK.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Waseemulla S, Jan 26, 2021
Thema:

Error 0x800704cf when signing into Microsoft account

1. Error 0x800704cf when signing into Microsoft account - Similar Threads - Error 0x800704cf signing

2. Error Code 0x800704cf and Microsoft account issues, when trying to log in to Microsoft...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error Code 0x800704cf and Microsoft account issues, when trying to log in to Microsoft...: "It doesn't look like you're connected to the internet. Check your connection and try again. 0x800704cf"Whenever I try to log into a Microsoft application like Microsoft Store or the Xbox app I get this error message, even though I am connected to the internet, and it seems...
  3. Error Code 0x800704cf and Microsoft account issues, when trying to log in to Microsoft...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Error Code 0x800704cf and Microsoft account issues, when trying to log in to Microsoft...: "It doesn't look like you're connected to the internet. Check your connection and try again. 0x800704cf"Whenever I try to log into a Microsoft application like Microsoft Store or the Xbox app I get this error message, even though I am connected to the internet, and it seems...
  4. Cannot sign into Microsoft apps. Error 0x800704cf

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot sign into Microsoft apps. Error 0x800704cf: Hi Microsoft Support,I have an issue with my Microsoft account, I am able to log into it in the browser. Accessing my Xbox Account and the Microsoft App Store. However on my PC I am unable to verify my account and I am also unable to log into the Xbox app or the Microsoft App...
  5. Cannot sign into Microsoft apps. Error 0x800704cf

Cannot sign into Microsoft apps. Error 0x800704cf: Hi Microsoft Support,I have an issue with my Microsoft account, I am able to log into it in the browser. Accessing my Xbox Account and the Microsoft App Store. However on my PC I am unable to verify my account and I am also unable to log into the Xbox app or the Microsoft App...
  6. Cannot sign into Microsoft apps. Error 0x800704cf

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  7. Error code 0x800704cf when signing into Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error code 0x800704cf when signing into Microsoft account: Hello! I have been expirencing an issue where when I sign into one of my Microsoft accounts im given error code 0x800704cf. Im given this error when trying to sign into any Microsoft app installed on my Windows 11 PC. This only happens to one of my accounts which was hacked...
  8. Error code 0x800704cf when signing into Microsoft account

Error code 0x800704cf when signing into Microsoft account: Hello! I have been expirencing an issue where when I sign into one of my Microsoft accounts im given error code 0x800704cf. Im given this error when trying to sign into any Microsoft app installed on my Windows 11 PC. This only happens to one of my accounts which was hacked...
  9. 0x800704cf when trying to login Microsoft account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    0x800704cf when trying to login Microsoft account: I'm unable to get to my Microsoft account due to this error code https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/0x800704cf-when-trying-to-login-microsoft-account/13f7a661-a5cc-4ae4-8e19-f028dd8ef1e9"
  10. Microsoft windows store error 0x800704cf Trying to sign into MS Office

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft windows store error 0x800704cf Trying to sign into MS Office: I have had this error for a long time. mostly it doesn't stop me, so I have basically ignored it. The solutions I am finding online refer to the App Store, but not Office. They also refer to things like modifying my wifi adapter, but I am on a wired connection on a desktop...
Tags: